• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Mescaline and Mesc. Cactus Thread - 3rd Button

so..been sitting on (ouch) around 8ft of assorted healthy looking san pedro cacti, just in the dirt doing their thing, for like the last 10 years. yeah i know why didnt i eat any ever, im lazy and cant be bothered to de-spine and cook down my psychedelics when acid comes in vials. i figured id use roughly a foot and a half, mayyybe closer to 2 feet worth, question is will there be any loss of potency after a decade of just sitting in the ground? also just cuz im thinking of it, anyone know any cross tolerance with mesc and lsd? thanks

They won't lose potency due to age, if anything they'd be more potent. Mescaline and LSD produce strong cross-tolerance.

Found Isopropyl Alcohol that's 99.9%
This is what I'm looking for correct?

This is exactly what I need for the Mescaline extract I plan with San Pedro powder. Plan on doing two separate 125gram batches. Leaving them sit and soak for a week before the filtering process. I'd really like to get it down to the point i can fit 500mgs in a gelcap to swallow. This is pretty much the only way I will be able to get my girl to take it with me.

I'd personally taken the Resin extract from boiling it down on the stovetop. But I'd really like to give this method a go regardless, will be much easier for me to weigh and dose. I know that she is going to love this one, such a beautiful experience. The euphoric push this one provides is simply sublime, I prefer it to MDMA very naturalistic.

I also prefer mescaline to MDMA. I've never seen IPA at 99.9%, I've only seen 90%. That should work for sure, but I've never extracted cactus.

Agreed, I like it way better than MDMA, as well.

So 99.9% IPA l just to pull and evap would work fine, I'd imagine. If you're going to try acid base purification etc to get pure mescaline, you'll want to dry the IPA first or you'll lose some in the residual water.

My favorite cacti shop has been out of stock for a long time now.
I hope i can find a source somehow.

99% will work but may I suggest if you are going the crude extraction route to use water/vinegar instead? (5-10:1 ratio). This will pull less of the nasty tasting impurities that make you wanna yak. The only benefit to using alcohols (iso, ethanol, methanol, etc) is that they dry fast, but overall produce a less pure extract.

For example I?ve seen 12-15g crude extract from a ?standard? size 12? cutting, that tasted vile when using isopropyl. Whereas more around 10g crude extract using distilled water with a little vinegar with less nasty bitter taste.

Which brings me to my next point, your not getting down to a 500mg dosage unless you perform an A/B. Or your girl is ok choking down 10-20 caps.

But yea Mescaline is magic alright :) I?ve been feeling really off this past year and couldn?t figure it out until I realized I haven?t had a good Mescaline trip in over a year. I?ve been taking it fairly regularly since I was young and I feel it has strong anti-depressant like qualities that last long after the experience is over. I?m now planning my next adventure very soon.

Mescaline and MDMA combined has brought me to a level of compassion that neither could accomplish alone. Plus I think the other alkaloids in the cacti may potentiate the MDXX even more. 3 days after Shulgins passing I had a session with the two in honor of him and I feel he blessed me that day because that experience was life changing.

-GC

Last edited:
I finally have a chance to try Mescaline Hcl, it's been years since I had San Pedro and Peruvian Torch which I remember having nausea from. How is the nausea with pure mescaline? Is the nausea from the plants from other alkaloids in the plant? I have ondansetron on hand but I've also heard mescaline is a good candidate for rectal dosing both for nausea and getting your money's worth in the amount required to peak. Besides the cactus, I have experience with mescaline related compounds like the 2Cs, Dox, NBOHs etc all of which have no nausea for me. I'm just curious as to any factors that give mescaline the reputation for the hard come up (other than peyote rituals with purging being a component like ayahuasca). So far the only psychedelic that has given me nausea is ETH-LAD.

I am also interested in hearing people's experiences with synthetic mescaline. Any BLers tried it before? How does it compare to other PEAs and psychedelics?

I have a chance to try it, and as the parent of the phenethylamines, I would like to get to know it before researching the class any further.

I'm gonna read through this thread, and some erowid experience reports, but would love to hear what people have to say about it here these days.

I am also interested in hearing people's experiences with synthetic mescaline. Any BLers tried it before? How does it compare to other PEAs and psychedelics?

I have a chance to try it, and as the parent of the phenethylamines, I would like to get to know it before researching the class any further.

I'm gonna read through this thread, and some erowid experience reports, but would love to hear what people have to say about it here these days.
I found mescaline hcl to lack a lot of the physical euphoria (as well as nausea etc) of cactus or cactus extract. It was also a bit more shallow and lacking in depth. Less therapeutic, less euphoric. Those other alkaloids play a huge role

I found mescaline hcl to lack a lot of the physical euphoria (as well as nausea etc) of cactus or cactus extract. It was also a bit more shallow and lacking in depth. Less therapeutic, less euphoric. Those other alkaloids play a huge role
That is good to know. I will likely go the synthetic route as it'll be easier than chugging down the cactus. But if it really does limit the full effect I could definitely see myself going that route. In general I love phenethylamines so I'm really excited for this.

That is good to know. I will likely go the synthetic route as it'll be easier than chugging down the cactus. But if it really does limit the full effect I could definitely see myself going that route. In general I love phenethylamines so I'm really excited for this.
I prefer a total alkaloid extract, even a crude one, to mescaline hcl, even though I don't like dealing with the nausea. And I've tried both isolated mescaline (which was acetate actually) as well as synthetic.

The acetate was a little more full bodied, potentially due to set and setting but I doubt it, more likely some other alkaloids made it thru the isolation process. (Dirty Sanchez as opposed to white fluff needles or yellowish powder)

I’ve had plenty of Mescaline acetate extracted, purified to the point where I was able to get nice Mescaline acetate crystals amongst the other alkaloids.

I felt the purified M. acetate was different than a crude extract or tea even, more a traditional psychedelic and less the empathogen that I adore. Amazing visuals though, much stronger than tea or extract.

I think the best way to go to avoid puking and get the “full” experience is to use a crude extract made from diluted vinegar. Dry completely then capsule up or reconstitute in a tea form again when ready to use. (The reconstituted tea is MUCH better than regular tea, and you can exactly control how dilute you want it.)

-GC

I tried mescaline for the first time today. 395mg of brown extract crystals hcl. I tend to have a higher tolerance than others. I took a good thumbsize chunk of ginger root and blended it in hot water to make a strong ginger tea and drank about an hour before in failed effort to stave off nausea.

+ 0:30 - Started to feel something that felt a little glowy. "Is this what people mean when they talk about rolling?"

+ 1:00 - Nausea becomes pronounced and dominates my experience for the next hour and half. Oddly I felt sexual even while having nausea.

+ 4:00 - Talked to my sober girlfriend, felt very open and at ease and aware of the nuances of my psychology. I could easily share vulnerable things. I also felt aware of her, and could sense areas where she felt closed to me or afraid and felt accepting and complete non judgmental of her. We had a good long conversation. I remembered science things from college and shared about electron orbitals and light and the mystery of existence and she shared in the wonder with me. Went to a park and felt so open like light and energy were flowing out of me in all directions. I felt free of all anxiety, free of all judgement. Felt connected to others. Shared a smile with someone with a big leaf in their hair. Called my mom, sent my dad a picture of the sunset. Grateful to be alive. Feel very much at peace. I spent a few decades working with my demons and its so nice to just be able to have this ease. GI discomfort rides along but not overwhelming. No visuals. Felt more sexual than I ever felt with LSD, mushrooms or 2c-E. Was able to keep track of time, navigate for my girlfriend while she drove. Definitely felt the drug, however likely will need a higher dose to fully explore its nature.

I am now at about + 10:00 and still feeling the openness and brightness. It was a nice long steady plateau that very slowly is tapering off, not waves of intensity like mushrooms. It felt like I could get a lot done with this.