• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Mescaline and Mesc. Cactus Thread - 3rd Button

I recently had an absolute blast on 275mg of mescaline HCl (it's been over a year), but it was quite underwhelming in terms of psychedelia relative to 100mcg LSD or 2g shrooms. Can I expect more with a higher dosage? By higher I'm talking 350-400mg. I ask this because taking higher dosages of 2C-B didn't affect my head space as much and as such I gave up on doing it by itself. I'm looking for a 'functional' psychedelic trip like 100-150mcg LSD.

I took a little over 500mg of mescaline HCl and it was a beautiful experience but I was extremely with myself, very little even in the visual department, mostly just an astounding increase in my sensitivity to subtle color variations and my vision became much crisper than usual. I hope to be able to try it at 750mg in the future, as I hear that's where it starts to get truly psychedelic.

Trichocerus Bridgesii is the shit! I love that shit! I've done close to 2 feet on a couple occasions and just like 1 foot on a couple others. The first time I did Trichocereus Bridgesii, this guy dosed me with 20mgs of 25i-nbome and told me it was only like 2.5 mgs. I was on like 1 +2/3 feet of Trichocereus Bridgesii already and I forgot that I even took 25i at all. I was driving for like 45 minutes on the come up from that shit and I was freaked the fuck out. I remember it was like 3 day salvia. o_O crazy shit man.

That's horrible, what sick fuck would dose someone with 20mg of that and tell them it was 2.5mg. People have died on FAR less than that, not to mention the cactus.

Any definite answer for this question - how much stronger is rectal roa in comparision with oral? Thanks

When people talk about eating X mg of dried cactus, do they mean whole cactus or just the skinned, cored parts?

Any definite answer for this question - how much stronger is rectal roa in comparision with oral? Thanks

Never done it myself, but everything I've read leads to no definite answer - some report an equal potency, some a 20-30% increase. There aren't too many trip reports about this and I don't see a lot of them popping up in the near future. If you decide to venture down this route, post a TR!

When people talk about eating X mg of dried cactus, do they mean whole cactus or just the skinned, cored parts?

Usually the skinned, cored parts.

Is a cactus that has molded and/or rotted still safe if an extract is done on it? IPA? A/B?

I thinks mescaline starts to be very visual around the 1000 mg hcl.
Im at around 750mg trips and am getting much more visual compared to my 250 to 500 mg hcl.

I thinks mescaline starts to be very visual around the 1000 mg hcl.
Im at around 750mg trips and am getting much more visual compared to my 250 to 500 mg hcl.

Is that a safe dose? How high is too high?

Is a cactus that has molded and/or rotted still safe if an extract is done on it? IPA? A/B?

Cut off the bad bits.

Your box is full or something, so I can't reply. But I haven't eaten the bulk of the extract yet so I don't know how active it is. The cactus was in great shape when I got it and we both got minor effects from a small fraction of a dose, so signs point to it being active. I could have written it off as placebo but she said said she definitely felt the effects.

I tried about 2 pounds worth as a potency test and had no effects I couldn't attribute to placebo
2 pounds should be enough to give definite effects if the cactus is anything but low potency, I think. Unless you split it?

Cut off the bad bits.
It may be too far gone for that. But I imagine the alkaloids are unaffected so I wouldn't want to toss it. I'm wondering if an extraction would render it safe again.

why wouldnt it be safe?

I dont understand people using 500mg hcl, 500mg is a clear ++ and for some +++, but you cannot breakthourght on 500mg.
however, I dont extract my material, only go with the tea.

if you want a true ++++ experience, you need to get into the 1000 mg zone.
and if you look carefully, experienced user says that the fun only begins at 1000mg, some recommend going for 1500 mg.
Is that a safe dose? How high is too high?

Cut off the bad bits.

Your box is full or something, so I can't reply. But I haven't eaten the bulk of the extract yet so I don't know how active it is. The cactus was in great shape when I got it and we both got minor effects from a small fraction of a dose, so signs point to it being active. I could have written it off as placebo but she said said she definitely felt the effects.

Because you can overdose?
I would like to know as well!
but I think its likely safe even over 2000 mg.

anyone knows that?

All I know, is that you can find on mycotopia a couple of guys who regurlarly dose 1000 to 2000 mg, and that I plan on doing my first 1000mg dose very soon, withint a month, and will make a report, because high dose mescaline trip reports are very rare! Ive had a lot of experience with mescaline over the years in the 200 to 750 mg range and its time for me to try higher dosage|!

Man to be honest I don't think you can overdose and die from eating/taking to much cactus, whatever the situation is. I bet years ago the Shamans of the tribe would eat massive doses during rituals or maybe it was a rite of passage for anyone to become an adult to eat some.

Now as for the powder mescaline. I'm sure you can overdose there.. So i'd be extremely carful not to take to much. (Unlike the cactus, if u took to much there you would just purge).

Man to be honest I don't think you can overdose and die from eating/taking to much cactus, whatever the situation is. I bet years ago the Shamans of the tribe would eat massive doses during rituals or maybe it was a rite of passage for anyone to become an adult to eat some.

Now as for the powder mescaline. I'm sure you can overdose there.. So i'd be extremely carful not to take to much. (Unlike the cactus, if u took to much there you would just purge).
yeah, I doubt that 2000mg is enough to even come close to kill you. must be over 3-4g hcl may becomes problematic.

Still, im curious if anyone know the ld50 of mescaline

yeah, I doubt that 2000mg is enough to even come close to kill you. must be over 3-4g hcl may becomes problematic.

Still, im curious if anyone know the ld50 of mescaline

Yea.. Those white powders i'd be carful with. I've herd stories of people overdosing on synthetic chemicals, which is why i prefer not even taking them. (Unless i know exactly what i got and its not in a pill or capsule form unless i trust the motherfucker , even the. I'm not paying until i feel the effects!)

As for the toxicity of mescaline.. If you look at it like this..

Purchase a mouse or catch one outside. Find a source and purchase a gram or 2. Next mix the mescaline in the rats food such as a ball of cheese. Note exactly how much you use, and if the mouse dies just do the math!

Lmao i'm unaware and just thought of this idea..i love all animals and if i were to do it to a mouse i'd make sure to have a proper burial.

Its 800-1200 mg per kg in rats. There is an unconfirmed report of a human dying from 200 mg/kg intravenous. So I guess my concern was misplaced. Getting even 20 g out of cactus would require an absurd quantity of plant matter. Even an extract or pure powder would be ridiculous to look at.

I have been trying to acquire some mescaline lately, and I was wondering for when I get it what would be a good starter dose for someone who is trying to get acquainted with the mind altering substance. Im a highly experienced tripper and have done many a drug, LSD being my favorite.
I'm sorry if this seems like a "what should I take" thread, but it is meant purely just so I can get some advice from experienced mescaline users.

I recently aquired some mescaline HCl and had never done it before either.
I plugged 500 mg and liked it VERY well....extemely "warm" psychedelic as well a sociable.
I just x2hours ago plugged 600mg and am coming up nicely.
So,IME, 400-600mg is a good start.
I'm sure I will get shit for this a 'too high a starting dose", but you said you were experienced and given that, I atnd by my recomendations.
Of course, purity of product makes a great deal of difference and I THINK this is very pure stuff considering my source...the same one I get my DOM from...BTW.
YOU NEVER KNOW THOUGH...so my 600mg might actually only be 300mg...haven't had is assayed...and won't/can't.
Doesn't matter now that I have a dosage baseline and I don't change vendors...what I am trying to say a i come onto the 600 i just plugged is that 600mg of MY mesc is agood dose...if yours is purer, then all bets are off...this is why we aren't supposed to post while tripping....bye.

thesis: mescaline is chronically underdosed and those who are used to 200-300ug of LSD or an eighth of shrooms should take a whole gram of mescaline.