• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DMT - ~40mg - Inexperienced - Q: What is it? A: Sacred.

TangerinO

Bluelighter
All the bold in this trip report denotes when I was still somewhat under the effects of the drug, I had to get it down and the computer was the first thing I saw in my stumbling haze, once I could walk again that is. Everything in square brackets are just notes I added for context

I just smoked maybe 40mg or so through the bong, without water. Maybe even less I don't really know, all I know is I didn't quite put all of it in. [I had 60mg]

It absolutely smashed me, I don't know what that was but it was like very very strong acid with my eyes open. When I closed my eyes I don't know what I was seeing. [I first asked what is it, and the only answer I got was "It is sacred"]

I am still shaking.

I feel like I'm over thinking it, I'm missing something but I don't know what.

I'll be going back tonight with whatever I have left, hopefully there's enough.

I am still shaking.

- -

It's been about thirty minutes, back to normal and ready to go to work in a few hours.

That was insane, it felt like a single moment, a single moment trying to teach me something. I was resisting though, I didn't expect such a destructive force.
Honestly I didn't really know what I was in for, more than anything I was physically smashed so hard I could barely focus on the trip.

Next time I will be ready.

I've asked people before "Is DMT really that intense?"

I think this trip answered that question with what I needed to know before I could really begin to learn from it: Yes.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_dmt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
exptype_spiritual
roacode_smoked
roacode_inhaled

Last edited by a moderator:
Bong, no water, herbs on the top and bottom.
That's the thing I've done the same dose, maybe even a little more through the machine and no dice, but through the bong it just absolutely smashed me. I was just in complete and utter shock afterwards, I remember thinking damn am I tripping yet, I dunno, and then I noticed reality was just being ripped apart in every way shape or form, and I felt like I was on like 600ug's of amazing acid when my eyes were open, and I couldn't even keep my eyes closed for too long for fear that it would actually demolish everything.

The only way I can describe what I saw behind my eyes was like flowing through vaginal cavities or something. Although as most would know the hallucinations are from anything that resembles geometric sense let alone something that you can relate to reality as we experience it on baseline.

DMT is my favorite drug of all time, absolutly blissfully amazing. only thing is is what you were talking about, i meditate before all my trips to try and mentally prepare myself for the launch outt of the cosmic cannon but still once you're holding that 3rd hit in and it all happens SO FAST it is very overwhelming and i end up wasting part of the trip trying to recover and make sure im okay from the blast off instead of just relaxing letting it take over completely with nothing holding you back, that is the only way to enjoy it .

Yeah upon thinking, I remember I actually tried to physically get up and abort the experience. It really shook me. I had recurring hallucinations from all my LSD trips but about 30 times more intense, the same ones I've had since my first really bad trip.
I realised what it is though, it's what I call "the fear". It's some part of my ego that is afraid to let go. It's why I'm always careful and conscious of how much I take trip wise, probably overly so.

My tendency to over think things is obviously causing "the fear" I know logically there's nothing to be afraid of. I see the fear in trees, plants and grass because of my bad experience where the grass attacked me.
During my DMT trip all I saw was the grass and the trees, and they burned brighter than anything I've ever seen, straight into my soul.

I forgot to mention when I tried to get up, it wasn't happening and I was smashed straight back down on the chair and remember rubbing my eyes and saying "What's the time, I should ahave checked the time" From there I relaxed and loved every minute of it.

Seriously though I need to confront this fear thing, it's always there every time I take LSD, however I never have a bad time, it's just part of me that's afraid of something, honestly I can't really figure out what. Maybe I'm just scared of the possibility of repeating the hellish nightmare that a bad trip can be, but I feel unless I can get past it it'll always remain the sole subject of my trips. Like a recurring dream that only goes away when it moves from the sub-concious to concious.
That being said this experience made me feel like I'm getting close to figuring it out and coming to terms with whatever it is, it was right in front of me but I pulled back and resisted, next time I have to be ready to let go.

Has anyone here ever had the same hallucinations from LSD experiences on DMT, but obviously a far far more intense verison?

I really do like DMT, I can't wait to experiment further. There's something about it that brings a wave of calm after the storm.

- -

EDIT: You see what I mean by my tendency to over think things :p

Last edited:
thats really interestingg i think one day you need to get a batch and sit down and really try to set out and face this thing head on and find out exactly what it is that is bothering you, i would also reccomend mushrooms for that they will show you the way trust me.

I had a really big discussion with an old friend, we have just recently started experimenting with DMT together, in fact our first time was together. We've just recently become friends again after a falling out in High School, and yes I totally credit psychedelics with putting it in perspective and making this possible.}

He said something very interesting "You have nothing to fear, but fear itself" which I've been thinking of as well, but here's interesting part, the paradox: When I do high doses of psychedelics I can actually see the fear itself, so if that's fear itself, shouldn't it be feared? :p

I think I just need to know that the fear is in my mind, what is it exactly that I'm afraid of? What is it these substances are trying to teach me that my mind is afraid to learn?

Keep in mind, this "The fear" doesn't normally scare me anymore, I often refer to them as "My scorpion friends" on LSD, actually it's how I check if it's kicked in or not usually, are the scorpions and lizards there yet?
I think I was just surprised to see it's presence in my DMT trip which I expected to be completely different to LSD.

I honestly think it will stop whenever I manage to do a big enough dose and finally face these fears, whatever they are.
I'm a very analytic person, but I do know next time I smoke a good whack of DMT I will not be trying to figure out what it is, I'll just wait until the answer finds me.

He said something very interesting "You have nothing to fear, but fear itself" which I've been thinking of as well, but here's interesting part, the paradox: When I do high doses of psychedelics I can actually see the fear itself, so if that's fear itself, shouldn't it be feared? :p

No. Regardless of whether you can see it or not it is just fear. It is imaginary, it has no matter, does not change what IS and cannot harm you in any way.

I don't know how many of you have seen the South Park episode with "Moses", but that's pretty much all I saw the first time I smoked DMT. Sacred? Maybe. Hilarious? Definitely.

Yeah that was more of a joke to be honest, just a little silly over some billy :D

I feel a lot more humbled having had this experience, Being the fourth time I smoked it and the first time getting the effects.

I just can't wait to see how the experience will differ now that I'm aware of what these scorpions and lizards are, what will be awaiting me on the other side when I conquer my fears? Who knows.

Also that does sound hilarious and unexpected Transcendence.

EDIT: Oh and apparently according to The Spirit Molecule and many other academic readings, what I saw that I realised was sacred was apparently "the chrysanthemum" or "the flower of life"
My friend saw the same thing, he equated it to pre-life, a period of consciousness before birth, like being in the womb.