• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Codeine+Caffeine+APAP (CWE'd) - Experienced - Where's the kratom!?

Seattle_Stranger

Bluelighter
I'll make it short and sweet, more or less just to throw more data into the pile for people looking for info on using OTC codeine looking for an opiate buzz. I'm fairly experienced with opiates by now, was addicted to poppy pods for a while, oxy comes and goes, and I now use kratom almost daily. I have a tolerance, but not an extreme tolerance. 20mg of oxy will still get me REALLY high. I know what a good opiate high feels like. Codeine did not even give me a hint of a buzz. Absolutely nothing at all. I question the quality of the product I used.

I went to Canada for the weekend and brought home a bottle of Rexall generic 8mg codeine+15mg caffeine+300mg APAP pills. I waited several days between trials. I tried on days with no kratom at all, tried it before using kratom, tried it after using kratom, with and without cimetidine, with and without grapefruit juice, no result every time.

- While in Canada, I dissolved 20 pills in water over night, and in the morning performed a CWE on the sludge through a coffee filter, drank the liquid, felt nothing.

- Now home, CWE'd 25 pills, and then ran the resulting liquid through a Brita filter in hopes of removing the caffeine. Again, absolutely nothing felt.

- CWE'd 30 pills, drank half the liquid, ran the other half through the Brita. Felt full-on caffeine jitters, anxiety and sweating, but absolutely no opiate effects.

- CWE'd two 25 pill batches. Again drank half of one of the CWE liquids, ran all the rest through the Brita filter. Drank the remaining half, went to work, came home a few hours later, drank the second batch. Mild sedation noted after the second batch was consumed, maybe some pupil constriction? But absolutely no effect I'd classify as a buzz. Not even close to any euphoria felt. Body feels....ehh, maybe relaxed. A hit of cannabis overshadowed absolutely everything I thought I may be feeling.

- This time, I was out of kratom, feeling ansy knowing I won't be getting my order for a while, it's been a few days since I've had any, and I'm even super low on weed, long damn day at work, fuck everyone!!! :X So, I used 40 fucking pills, equaling well over 300mg of codeine. CWE'd those fuckers and Brita'd them. Drank down the liquid with a fucking vengeance. Feeling really hopeful because after the two last batches, I thought there was a hint of effects, so maybe a lot all at once will give me what I'm after. AAAAAAAANND nothing. :!

A day or so later I received my kratom in the mail. I had a bad opinion on opiates at t5he moment. I was thinking that maybe my tolerance was just too damn high, maybe my abuse of kratom has lead to me not enjoy other opiates, I have no idea. All I know is when my kratom arrived, and I made myself a normal 10g dose, I was swimming in an ocean of <3, saying to myself over and over "OMG I love kratom...fuck codeine!!"

What gives?? Has anyone had similar results with OTC codeine products? Why does kratom absolutely BLOW codeine out of the water??

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_codeine
substancecode_opiates
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator: