Welcome to the Big & Dandy 25I-NBF Thread
EDIT: (the structural formula on the right is supposed to say: (N-(4-fluoro)-benzyl-2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodo-phenethylamine) since the fluorine position is changed from ortho to para)
for '2-fluoro = 2-(4-iodo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(2-fluorophenyl)methyl]ethanamine
for '4-fluoro = 2-(4-iodo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(4-fluorophenyl)methyl]ethanamine
Apparently a product represented under the name 25I-NBF was meant to be the left 2-F isomer compound (25I-NB2F) but at least some of the material available right now is the right 4-F isomer (25I-NB4F). Right now there is virtually no bioassay available on either of these compounds so this only adds to the confusion. Nevertheless let this thread be about all 'simple' fluoro substituted N-benzyl PEAs.
25X-NBOMe, 25X-NBOH, 25X-NBF SAFETY MESSAGE
This is a newly discovered group of chemicals, with little history of human use.
It has already become clear that these substances carry substantial risks that must be highlighted.
Examples of chemicals belonging to this family include 25i-NBOMe, 25c-NBOMe, 25i-NBOH, 25c-NBOH.
Nicknames include "25i", "25c", N-bomb, N-bome etc.
Some facts you should know about The 25X - NBOMe series which must also be considered to apply to the NBF compounds:
25x NBOMe chemicals have killed at "normal" recreational doses.
- We don't know how it kills.
- People have died from doses that are smaller than ones they've taken in the past.
- We don't know the reasons why it is so unpredictable yet.
Doses can lead to psychotic episodes and ER visits
- If you or people around you must take these drugs, avoid combinations and advise others to avoid it as well.
- If someone appears to be overdosing, it is important to get medical attention quickly to minimize chance of death or injury.
These chemicals are sometimes mislabeled and sold as LSD or "acid"
- If in doubt about your drugs, learn how to test them using testing kits/reagents. Don't have blind faith in the reputation of your source.
- A good rule of thumb these days is "if it's bitter it's a spitter"
- If you take blotters sold as LSD, swallowing them may render NBOMe type compounds inactive while swallowing LSD will work just as well!
25x is difficult to dose properly
- Tolerance builds quickly, but toxicity may still occur.
- Doses can often be unpredictable and uneven, even from the same sheet.
- There is an unknown but narrow margin between a fun dose, and an overdose.
- Reactions may vary wildly between individuals, but can also be inconsistent for the same person. Previous successful experiences offer no guarantees.
NBOMe substances are cheap and widely available, however they are not well understood, and have caused a number of deaths. There are safer and (arguably) better substances to begin with than these. Know your drugs, do your research, and spread the word!
And finally information for people pushing the dosage with NBOMe's:
The NBOMe series is known to be more dangerous than other psychedelic drug families. High doses can easily result in severe reactions such as seizures and HPPD. It is possible to get away with high doses because the mental component of the trip is mild so it may not feel as intense as other psychedelics even though there are powerful visuals. In order to try and overcome this some users take several doses to get a more intense/spiritual experience. While this does work for some, for others this is where the serious side-effects emerge.
As a result of this it is recommended that if you are seeking an intense experience, something more than eye candy, you select a different psychedelic with a higher natural intensity and better safety record such as 2C-E or LSD.
It is strongly advised that users do not take more than 1.5 doses of this drug, with one dose generally agreed to be x.x mg (xxxxu g).
Insufflating doses further increases the risk.
I did not find much about this compound besides the wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25I-NBF).
In which way is the 2-fluorogroup changing the activity in comparison to the 2-methoxygroup?
I will start with a sub 100microgram dose and will slowly up the dose from there on.
But it would be nice to gather some additional information before I start testing this substance.