• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

snorting oxycodone & health risks?

mr. red

Bluelighter
- Price
- W/D

What are the real health risks for snorting oxy, like not the usual BS the Drug Administration website and Intervention lists. Any first hnd expericence with results of extended us would be helpful too.

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
I've edited your title for easier searching in the future.

The real risk, besides the risk of opiate addiction, in snorting oral formulation opiates is the binders and fillers damaging your extremely sensitive nasal passages over time. It's a high price to pay considering the amount of damage being done and not worth it IMO considering the fact that oral bioavailiability is much higher than intranasal anyway.

Constant sinus infections and random nosebleeds are red flags of a serious problem. It only gets worse from there.

snorting pills seriously damages your nasal membranes and passages. in addition, snorting pills/drugs inevitably leads to inhalation of malevolent chemicals and substances.

snorting oxy IR is a waste. the oral BA is already rather high compared to other opiates.

i'd say oral BA is around 60-80%, possibly 90% with potentiation. don't quote me on that though...

Last edited:
If you're gonna be crushing oxy into a fine dust, you mind as well drop that dust into some cold water and chug it. You'll feel wayyy more of that oxy that way.
As far as the "price" you asked about, you'd save a ton of money too.

Snorting oxy is bad and wasteful, there is no "BS" involved when it comes down to that. A couple years ago when I used to be able to buy oxy from my dealer, I would always see him scraping an oxy pill against a hose clamp to really break it down to a fine dust. He always did it that way. I can't imagine how his sinuses are and how many pills he's used in excess from snorting.

I disagree that snorting oxy is a waste. I know that one small study , says its 46% in the ten people they studied, but they compared it against IV, not oral. And the bloodlevels peaked in 25min vs. 1.8 hours orally. Even if this study is true, anecdotal evidence suggest that many people get stronger effects snorting it. This strong 'rush' is why people snort.

That said, excessive intranasal oxycodone pills use can caused alot of damage. Orally or rectally is the safes way to use it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16220857

^Why would they compare it against oral if the IV bioavailability is 100%? Am I misunderstanding something?

Anyway, the rush is caused by the plasma levels suddenly peaking so rapidly, but the effects wear off much more quickly and the total bioavailability is much lower than oral. The numbers vary somewhat, but it's safe to say that they are indeed lower and when you combine that with the risk of damage caused by the inactives in the pill, in my opinion it makes the intranasal ROA less effective. It might not be a total waste, but it is a much safer (and overall effective) choice to use them orally like you mentioned.

Last edited:
God.. damn people snorting everything and anything... The only benefit of snorting is how cool you loook doing lines.. :/ sure there are some exceptions where snorting can be more effective than oral but oxy is definitely NOT one of these.