View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing anoying about taking this substance(and many others I guess) is the insomnia. almost 9am and still awake.

Yes there is some residual stimulation with 4-HO-MET after coming down, more so than with other tryptamines.

Redosing doesn't really work.

No, really. It just doesn't work.

Then why did it work for me, on numerous occasions? (And probably many other people too). I can assure you it does work, verily.

I agree with the above post, I always start small & build up when I can & havent had any problem redosing with 4-ho-met. But, the reason I post today is . . .

I don't remember where I came upon the story, may have been on Erowid or it may have been right here on BL but I read about 4-ho-met & other 4 substituted tryptamines degrading. As I've now had some experience with some degraded metocine I thought I'd post a quick report in this thread about it.

I decided to take some metocine with me to visit a friend in the west country for a weekend late last year. I wrapped 100mg into a rizla, like a teeny, tiny thin little joint & slipped this into a container that, it turns out, had not been adequately dried after having been washed out. The opportunity to use the compound did not appear but I forgot that I'd stashed the stuff & left in an overnight bag for about a week.

Suddenly, I remembered my stash & when I removed the 4-ho-met rizla from it's container I found that the rizla was damp & had turned a rich reddish/brown colour. Needless to say, my heart sank. I thought the compound had been destroyed. Still, I decided to try to dose effectively with this brown mush, cutting the brown rizla into lots of tiny pieces (not easy, very sticky, like cannabis oil!) & then dissolved it in 100 ml of vodka. I then dosed my usual 8mg & was very surprised when the desired effects appeared! Despite having been damp & forgotten about for at least 2 weeks, this strange brown mud appeared to have the exact same effect as the original white powder!

I unfortunately failed to refrigerate my mixture & a repeated experiment failed even after increasing the dose to 30mg. Clearly the compound continued to degrade & eventually became useless, the process taking about a month. I suspect refrigeration may have slowed the process.

Having read about this elsewhere I thought I'd support the conclusion that degraded 4-ho-met DOES still work if you're quick about it. But damp & warmth (my overnight bag was next to a radiator!) eventually does destroy it's activity completely. I count myself lucky to having gotten the one, good buzz off it when I did!

Then why did it work for me, on numerous occasions? (And probably many other people too). I can assure you it does work, verily.
It didn't work for me and many other people from where I come from. Starting from 10mg and such they couldn't ever reach plateau as with 25-30mg in one go with redosing. It just doesn't work and I also find it pointless when it's about 4-HO-MET, which is pretty easy on mind.

I think the thing about redosing is, it's always going to be far less effective than taking the full amount in one go - but also timing is key. A badly timed redose will do nothing other than maybe at best extend the overall duration, while a well timed redose will be almost as effective as taking it all in one go.

In general though redosing with psychedelics seems like a bad idea to me, except when you're looking to go all day/all night like at a festival or something :)

Redosing with 4-ho-met before the 2 hour mark, especially say if you dosed 10 mgs and then boosted with 12 mgs at T+1h 45, IMO you would get a fair boost. It could be me but redosing always works pretty effectively if I make sure to do so before two hours has passed(its best to try to get it in within 1 hour though). This can be bypassed with much greater steed if you simply insufflate you redose. This is the way I always do it because I would rather bump 5mgs(hurts a bit but not as bad as others though honestly fairly irritating for a second)then eat 10-15mgs. Plus with bumps it comes on instantly and its so much eaiser to see what level your reaching. Its rare but sometimes even after long periods of time I found redoses can randomly be pretty strong when your not expecting to much(it reminds me of when you dose lower yet still get a powerful trip either way). As far as degradation goes, I think most people overthink it. Discoloration can often be caused by oxidation or other things and a weeks worth of exposure to a closed environment isn't to bad, I would have been more mad about it being damp(don't read to much into what I say though, I never super thoroughly studied chemicals degradation patterns or the like:(). Good to hear though that it survived so well intact in a pretty less than ideal environment for a few weeks.

Does 4-ho-met dissolve into water, so it could be taken as "drink" ?

Does 4-ho-met dissolve into water, so it could be taken as "drink" ?

Depends on you have the fumarate salt, HCL salt or freebase. I guess you have the fumarate salt and if dissolves easily in water.

Depends on you have the fumarate salt, HCL salt or freebase. I guess you have the fumarate salt and if dissolves easily in water.

Yeep thats what i got, i forgot to mention.

And u mean "it dissolves" i suppouse? Just to be sure.

Has 4-ho-met the same calming/sedating edge as 4-aco-dmt? Is very difficult find "stable or solid" batches of 4-aco-dmt and I thought 4-ho-met as a possible sustitute...

Has 4-ho-met the same calming/sedating edge as 4-aco-dmt? Is very difficult find "stable or solid" batches of 4-aco-dmt and I thought 4-ho-met as a possible sustitute...

4-ho-met is less sedating than 4-aco-dmt as ive read...

Not sure tho.

No 4-HO-MET is not sedating or calming, its slightly stimulating.

man, i loves me some metocin!

this is my 3rd gram of it ive bought in the past year or so. ive shared alot w friends too, wanting them to get the chance to experience it, but ive had the pleasure of indulging in it almost every weekend for these past months, on soo many levels.

i love how it has so many levels and how flexible and user friendly it is.

like for example, in june, for my b-day, i ate 25mg and went and saw shpongle. it was perfect! the 2 ppl i went with dont eat rc's, just traditional psychs, and usually dont care for the 2c-x's, etc. they had never heard of or tried 4subs- and were both amazed at how nice of a chem it is. i have yet to meet someone who wasnt impressed by it

30mg was perfect for a night at the house channeling some creative energy and putting it out. i got super productive and cleaned my crib, organized all my games, movies, music, etc...
...and then spent the rest of my night writing poetry and freestyle abstract, and even wrote a few songs on my guitar.
words and ideas were flowing w ease, had some difficultties typing(still am) but other than that had a splendid time at the casa. once i got done w doing all that i jumped on here and have been reading and responding to threads for a few hrs watching the sun come up,hehehe. body actually feels great. just had some green tea and a bowl of some berry deisel; feels clear headed and chipper..not drained in any way, just hungry :)

40-60 mg(usually in two doses, ~30 min apart, is great to do w a friend at home and have a mind-blowing spiritual experience compltely submerged in eye candy with a dmt-mushie esque state, altering between dream and conciousness. i see it becoming more and more popular and available tho; i went ahead and went in w a friend and stocked up just in case it suddenly isnt around annymore. i dont see thast happening anytime soon as its fairly benign ime..but ive decided its offficially made my top 5 in my list of chems i know and love the most, right up there with LSD and DMT..and that's saying alot for me!

in my, ahem, career of researching somewhere between 50-100 psychedelic chemicals over a period of 15 yrs or so, i'd say less than 10 i consider to have 'the magic', and only 4 or 5 of those ten made it to the top(2c-b, high dose 2c-c, HOT-7, DOC)

for those of you who havent given this one a go and enjoyed psilocin or any of the other 4 subs, imho you owe it to yourself to at least give it a whirl and see what you think. at first it made since to me when ppl called it shallow or said it lacked depth and emotion, i cant stres the fact enough that you need to go a little higher, until you get there. your patience and persistance will be well worth the effort once it shows itslef to you more, for lack of a better phrase, ' in depth" lol =)

got work in 3 hrs..its a gonna be a fun day at the office. Good morning, bluelighters! =D <3

Last edited:
4-HO-MET is awesome. I find the CEVs incredibly intense and I love the wonderful kaleidoscopic visuals that come with each dose. It's definitely my favourite psych, closely followed by AMT (AMT lasts a little too long in my opinion so I cut it with Benzodiazepine).

man i could never get into aMT. tried it 3-4 times over the past, like 8 years, but the negative body effects always outweighed the positive, for me.

i have 100mg put up that ill give one more whirl with a friend one day. my bud that gave it to me insists i try pluggin it; he says that eliminates a lot of those undesirable effects adn requires a good bit less. one day i suppose..

so many chems, so little time :D

4-HO-MET, for my second tryptamine experience (after aMT, i guess it counts) was fucking incredible. Starting with aMT was excellent - a lot of people dislike it for it's bodyload (it is related to amphetamine..) but for me, with no real expectations, i was blown away for the next 16-odd hours.
Moving on to another suitably mild psychedelic seemed like a sensible idea so within a couple o' weeks a friend of mine invested in 250mg, while i got me 100mg 2C-P (very fucking different, mind blown yet again with my first phenethylamine experience)
I started small with only about 16-18mg metocin, but due to the nature of the experiment and my lack of a suitable venue i found myself outside in lovely britain, and it was below freezing all afternoon/evening/night. Regardless i had a much more visually intense experience than with aMT, i can't stress how fucking awesome the CEVs are - very defined kaleidoscopes of colour, patterning and ridiculous multiplication of images that were all cartoonish renditions of random shit - TIE Fighters, a strange pixelated hand giving me thumbs up, grinning bearded dwarf men, etc. OEVs varied - for a large portion of the trip, the best i can describe it was that i was watching a 3D film without the glasses. Trees arranged themselves in subtle spiral/geometric patterns, and there was a sort of 'rustling' motion over most everything. Difficult to describe really, but it was highly amusing - a rather recreational dose, conversation was easy, probably easier than usual, and there was a fair amount of laughter. Comedown was nice and easy, 4-HO-MET provides silky smooth balls to trip indeed.

OK OK! I'll finally do the 30mg I have put away! A little worried about the intensity jumping right in at that level... but all the reassurances of its friendly nature are talking me into it. But I also have yet to try the DOC I have... decisions decisions!

If you guys want a really intense trip, you should plug it. Oral, insufflation or sublingual is no match for plugging this. Effects start to hit after 2 min and you peak after 10-15min. Its utterly intense.

I tried 25mg plugged, it felt like 35mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.