View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the 5mg i took last night have boosted it? Would 10 mg get me anywhere now?

Just wanted to add that I had a bit of a panic that I was suffering from dangerous vasoconstriction.

It's actually something that I've suffered from since about 20 years ago when I was 18 - smoking too much dope(weed/hash) leads to pins and needles in my left arm. I have no idea what causes this but it is brought on by various drugs.

When I took 5mg 4-HO-Met the other night, I did so on top of 15mg Ethylphenidate. I haven't noticed Ethylphenidate on it's own producing vasoconstriction. I started to feel my left arm going numb and getting the pins and needles and decided what I needed was some exercise. Actually I took an aspirin first then went for a walk. It was really cold outside and I forgot to take gloves! I walked about two miles down the road before deciding that I was putting myself through unneccessary torture and turned back. My arm felt weird and my fingers very cold throughout this walk. On several occasions I was concerned that I had taken bromo-dragonfly rather than 4-HO-Met, but this was just drug-induced paranoia. When I got home and warmed up I felt fine again.

So maybe this produces vasoconstriction by itself, or maybe in combination with stimulants, or maybe just in susceptible individuals. My father once told me he had Raynaud's disease which causes circulatory problems and is genetic, I think I may well have it too.

Anyway, just some info that may prove useful.

^The ethylphenidate could very well have caused that itself, though the combination could have potentiated it. If you have an anxiety about that particular phenomenon then your perceptions of it are almost certainly exaggerated from the true extent too. I have had similar moments of worry during trips, but I have managed to calm myself down by reassuring myself that my evaluation of the situation is somewhat distorted by anxiety and trippy sensations. It's good to try to ask yourself how you would react if you had a sober mind. Of course it's always wise to be careful and look after yourself, and you probably did the right thing for your body by deciding to take a walk - there's no harm going to come of that. I'd always rather be safe than sorry. But perhaps even the cold from outside was magnified by the trippiness of the stimulant + tryptamine combo; the body's natural reaction to cold is to constrict the blood vessels in the extremeties! :D

From what I've read it seems that stimulants such as cocaine, amphetamines, and cathinones have more profound effect on peripheral vasoconstriction than the psychedelics, even though psychs are 5-ht2a agonists. I freaked out once when I was high on cocaine with an old friend, and he offered me a joint which I smoked with him. My hands really did turn blue and were very cold, and it scared the shit out of me. It took about an hour before I felt right in my body. Ethylphenidate is a DARI like cocaine so I suspect it could have the potential for the same action on the peripheral blood vessels.

Thanks for sharing anyway!

this has taken the place of 4ho-mipt as my fav 4sub by far.

and for those of you who find it lacks depth, explore it in the 30-40mg range and tell me its a shallow chem. higher doses remind me of a cross between psilo and oral dmt.. beeeauuutifuuul. has brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion.

Am I the only one who gets absolutly INSANE closed-eye-visuals on this compound?
4-HO-MET creates incredibly complex/intricate CEV's that rival high dose combinations of other chemicals at times. Its given me almost 3D CEV's that just made me want to tear up because they were so mind blowingly complex(I was actually fairly anxious because I was feeling sick and letting it affect me, but when I closed my eyes all I could think was "How can anyone be in a negative state whilst being around such beauty?!?" and the bits of anxiety melted away). I also have to agree with plusfour, I find that HO-MET is not deepest ocean around but to say it has no effect on the mind is really silly to me. I've figured for a long time that psychedelics effect me mentally more so than they do visually comparbly to other people because other people would complain of very little mind change for 2c-I to. Its changes are very subtle but I can tell the difference in mental state from as little as 2-3 mgs insuff.(obviously this is only the most minor of tweaks but its present). In the last year 4-HO-MET has really moved well and deep into my heart. It revived my dead passion for 4-sub's and I find it to possibly be the most perfect chemical to add small amounts of whatever you need to a trip. Its duration/mind style change are perfect for bumping up an existing trip for a bit more eye candy and mental fun. Its light enough mentally that you don't have to worry about it changing the trip to dramatically and the duration is perfect because if you bump a bit to much and get antsy it only lasts about 2ish hours nasally. I also find it really adds a sparkle to situation's where I would almost never add a psychedelic since it does have a lighter state of mind to it. I honestly think just having 4-HO-MET's powerful OEV's would be enough to aid in changing my mental status from normal to a bit more loopy. Oh and to note i'm one of the people who seems to be more strongly effected by 4-HO-MET in the first place(i've always noticed people either dose in the range of 10-20 mgs or more in the range of 20-45 mgs most times).

I've experienced, 3D CEV's, Brain movies and seeing what im thinking (with closed eyes), when doses come 25mg+ (plugged) Absolutly amazing.

Wow, almost all positive reports across the board! I must try this one!!! And soon! :D

How would you say the body load (fatigue, nausea, aches/pains, etc) compare to...say...shrooms? Or 4-AcO-DMT (my only other point of reference lol).

Hell, the visuals are truly insane on homet. I remember my first time very clearly - I was laying there on a rock full of joy, looking around on how bright the world was, and few times closed my eyes for a little while. Only after those few times I realized that I had my eyes closed few times, the 1st time mindfuck + the fact that my whole visual field with my eyes closed was just ANOTHER WORLD made that. I really mean another world, I could close my eyes and have all the trees, rocks, water flowing, EVERYTHING, the whole image as I could see with my eyes opened, UNDER my eyes. For few minutes I couldn't really differ open-eyes visual field from closed-eyes visuals.

Try it during some sunny midday summer day. You WILL love it. IMO great substance to try with people who haven't used psychedelics before.

Tonight will probably become my 2nd time I will try metocin. I'm moving up slowly so 8 mg tonight:). Can 1mg be a big difference when it comes to 4-ho-met(concerning effects)?

Nope, 1mg +/- will not make a difference, why don't you go a little higher and experience some OEV's? 4-HO-MET is very friendly, going for 12-15mg is still in the lower end and at this point you will experience OEV's.

I didn't find the dose-response-curve to be that steep. If you have experience with psychedelics and are sure it really is metocin you can increase in 5 mg steps. Of course, choose increments you're comfortable with :)

t+0.00 took 6mg
t+0.15 took 4mg more
shiffers coming up now, sweaty hands, pupil dilation. I experience some nausea and distortion of the vision, more then last time.

How long are you able to redose?

I've redosed between t+1:30 and t+2:00 with great success. 10mg is a very light dose, you will get away with adding another 3-5mg easily. It is a very forgiving psychedelic. :) Have a great trip!

added another 3 or 4mg after 2 hours. There seems to be a lot more visual stuff going on, still no oev or cev's but some blurring, waving/melting/whatever. It comes with a great high too and I now understand people saying its erotically stimulating. It sensitizes all my senses. Sorry if i'm making up words right now. Seems like i got some headspace or at least some strong high. Fuck i'm feeling good again:D.

I couldnt even taste the bitterness at thirth redosing which was strange. It actually gave me a nice aftertaste lol.

Edit: unlike last time the shiffers disappeared after a while. just a warm blanketlike feeling now.

Last edited:
The only thing anoying about taking this substance(and many others I guess) is the insomnia. almost 9am and still awake.

Would 33mg be too much? Any risk of ego-death or "Oh no I'm dying" crap?

That would be on the heavier end of the dosing spectrum with this one, but more in a hard +++ sort of way than anything extreme. If you feel like you'd want to explore this material and its potentialities further, feel free to reach this kind of level.

Status
Not open for further replies.