• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 6-APB Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideal storage conditions are dry, dark, and cold. There is no such thing as too much of these, but an open container in the freezer will collect condensation.

Ideal storage conditions are dry, dark, and cold. There is no such thing as too much of these, but an open container in the freezer will collect condensation.

Yeah that would be the problem of storing any powdered substane in the freezer I suppose. As long as it's in the freezer, no problem. But as soon as you take it out (to measure off a dose for instance) you get condensation.A solution would be to measure off precise doses beforehand and only take out what you need. A little complicated but it could work, right?

You can always let the container warm up while sealed to avoid internal condensation.

Yes, you could also freeze individual doses , but what happens if you want 25% more?

Does Piracetam potentiate 6-APB in any way? I read it potentiates mdma & they both being massive serotonin releasers would they be the same?
thanks

Does Piracetam potentiate 6-APB in any way? I read it potentiates mdma & they both being massive serotonin releasers would they be the same?
thanks

I suspect it would. People tend to find Piracetam potentiates anything and everything in some way anyway. I really need to try it myself at some point in the near future :)

Piracetam works nice with 6-apb. When i have it lying around i take it after the initial euphoria fades and i`m right back up there. With some mdai added (see combo thread) i can get 6-7 hours of euphoria out of a single 6-apb dose

The light tan powder is good. I started to feel alerts at 30 minutes, but it takes two hours to really kick in. Maybe very mild nausea at +1h, but it quickly dissipates and is not all that noticeable. The body load is very light. 160mg is not what I would consider psychedelic - more so than mdma, maybe less so than mda. It is very euphoric. I don't feel the emotional push of mdma (which is fine by me). I'm clenching my jaw more than I usually notice on either mdma or mda.

I'm at +2h and I can report that this is a worthwhile drug.

edit

+4 h and it starts to level off, but still very strong. I took maybe half a g of piracetam at +3h, so that could very well be amplifying it a bit. My jaw is going to be fucked tomorrow, but it's worth it.

+5 h and starting to come down, but very smoothly. I don't have that sense of disappointment I usually get when coming down off of mdma.

If I have to choose I may prefer MDA, but only slightly. I would probably rather take 6-APB than MDMA.

Last edited:
How much piracetam should a person take and for how many days before dosing?

Transcendence, just a reminder but we discourage live trip reports. Your experience sounds quite a bit like mine, except if I recall correctly it was around the 3 hour 30 mark when it started to level off - maybe the piracetam? Not sure.

I'd encourage you to write up a full report for the Trip Reports forum when you're fully down/tomorrow, it's good to have more reports around for these new substances :D

I would do about a gram of piracetam halfway through the experience (+3h).

The material is significantly harder on my body than mdma. Perhaps slightly harder than mda, but about the same. After it wore off completely my muscles were sore even though I wasn't active during the experience. I felt restless and a little melancholic, but not really sad or depressed. I could not stop clenching my jaw even though it was long over. It seems that the residual stimulation long outlasts the main effects. Sleep was very restless, even at +13h. Somehow I woke up feeling very refreshed, even though it I don't recall sleeping well at all.

The morning after I feel quite good. No residual hangover, either physically or mentally. I did not take any supplements such as 5-htp or magnesium. There was a slight urge to redose towards the tail end of the experience, and I'm very glad that I did not. I have a feeling I would not be feeling so well today If I went much beyond 160mg.

Overall a worthwhile experience that I will probably repeat somewhere down the line, although I don't have any desire to do so soon. I have no doubt that it is much more toxic than mdma, and along the lines of mda (which could already be assumed of course). I wouldn't do it as often as once a month - I would imagine that the negative effects quickly stack up.

Yeah the residual stimulation and muscle tension lasts quite a while. I was still significantly stimulated, clenching my jaw, eyes rolling a bit, pupils dilated at around T+12:00. The hangover seems fairly easy to deal with, though just so you know I felt nothing other than tired the first day, but it was the second day when I was a little emotional.

I agree that this is likely quite toxic and should be treated like MDA, perhaps with extra caution - what scares me is many people don't even realise that it's likely as neurotoxic and bad in the long run as (or more than) MDMA/MDA so they're treating it like a regular stimulant and taking it fortnightly, weekly, or even more frequent than that.. :\

The cathinone craze attracted a lot of people to the RC scene that would be better off staying away from experimental drugs. The upside with this compound is that the relatively long duration makes it less moreish than mdma, not to mention something like mephedrone. I found it pretty easy to let go of the experience and accept that it was over. I don't like stims to begin with though, so that probably has something to do with it.

I feel maybe a little on edge today (the stimulation even lasts the next day, something I have not experienced with MDA). But overall very good - I would even say better than normal. It might have a positive afterglow if you don't abuse the shit out of it, even though last night I was sure it wouldn't/

Put up a new trip report on the pellets here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...al-)-Second-time-using-A-pleasant-evening-in.

Reports seem very variable, even where the batch talked about seems to be the same. Wondering how much the effects are moderated by set / setting. I wouldn't expect too much variability given it's not what I would call a true psychedelic. Sure you can work the stimulant effects and euphoria up same as you would with MDMA, but doesn't seem like the shallow mental effects should be all that susceptible to mental set.

I think it's commonly accepted by now that many of the "pellets" are bunk, other chemicals, or very different weighs from pellet to pellet (meaning it's likely the dosage is not accurate at all and so a "100mg pellet" could be anything from say 60mg to 150mg) - I understand there are legitimate pellets going around, but given that most of these are pressed very poorly it's likely even in those dosage will vary - so in the interest of safety I think it's far better to buy powder, test it with a test kit, then weigh up a measured dose. (Seems you yourself agreed with that at the end of your post though ;) )

I've not seen much in the way of variable reports when it comes to the powder (in the case of the tan powder anyway), only really with the pellets, so something seems a little off to me.

I don't have any more problems with the powder than MDMA would ever give. I don't get body overheating from it like MDMA would always do, nor does it give me jaw clenching. Mentally I probably feel a bit better in days afterwards as well.

I would have to guess it has less serotonin releasing activity than MDMA, which would actually support the idea that it could be less neurotoxic than MDMA because it is the combined dopamine/serotonin release that does a lot of this. Also it does not have the methylenedioxy ring like MDA/MDMA and thus would not produce the purportedly neurotoxic reactive oxygen species inside neurons once the drug is being metabolized.

Sure, any drug with powerful psychedelic effects should not be used regularly but I have a hard time believing it is worse for the brain than MDMA.

has anyone had positive experiences with the white/off white clumpy stuff (no smell)?
I just received a sample of 6-APB like this, and it is unlike previous reports of it being tan and grainy in composition.

has anyone had positive experiences with the white/off white clumpy stuff (no smell)?
I just received a sample of 6-APB like this, and it is unlike previous reports of it being tan and grainy in composition.

Read only bad things about the white/off white stuff. I'd be very carefull and get it tested before you try any, BIG chance it's not 6-APB at all.

I don't have any more problems with the powder than MDMA would ever give. I don't get body overheating from it like MDMA would always do, nor does it give me jaw clenching. Mentally I probably feel a bit better in days afterwards as well.

I would have to guess it has less serotonin releasing activity than MDMA, which would actually support the idea that it could be less neurotoxic than MDMA because it is the combined dopamine/serotonin release that does a lot of this. Also it does not have the methylenedioxy ring like MDA/MDMA and thus would not produce the purportedly neurotoxic reactive oxygen species inside neurons once the drug is being metabolized.

Sure, any drug with powerful psychedelic effects should not be used regularly but I have a hard time believing it is worse for the brain than MDMA.

iirc, just for harm reduction, it's high dopamine activity that's more dangerous in terms of neurotoxicity, however, once again iirc - and this may be incorrect as I'm just going from memory, but I believe this is only the case with chemicals that release both serotonin and dopamine. 6-APB is one of these though.

Status
Not open for further replies.