• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 6-APB Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently acquired and dosed 115mg 6-APB. The effects were dissatisfying to say the least. I experienced severe nausea during the 1 and a half hour comeup and disorientation. After the nausea levelled off I still got no positive effects whatsoever, with the minor bodyload still present which was reminiscient of the 2c-x's. Around the 2 -2.5 hour mark I began experiencing some dysphoria and effects reminiscent of an amphetamine comedown. By about 4 hours I was almost baseline.

Based on the previous reports I've read on this chem, it's supposed to be provide entactogenic effects and euphoria with minor psychedelia, of which I experienced none, except for the slight disorientation and eye-wobbles during the comeup. I suspect the batch I acquired was cut or impure or perhaps 5-APB. It was a white fluffy powder with slight bleachy smell, as opposed to the tan stuff that seems to be going around Europe that is supposed to be the real deal.

Anyone else have similar experiences with white fluffy powder and experiencing similar effects as above?

Perhaps this is due to a methylone session a week ago? Though that was the first in 3 months so I don't think my entactogen tolerance would have been very high.

Last edited by a moderator:
No vendor talk please guys. Vendor talk isn't just naming/linking sources, there should be no need to ever mention vendors at all, and it just leads to the talk going further and the thread derailing. Cut it out :p

We also can't help you identify what you got, but being almost baseline 4 hours in, the powder smelling like bleach etc doesn't sound right to me. I'd consider sending off some of what you have left for testing, and I certainly wouldn't consume any more until you're sure what it is.

Stay safe <3

Well, one can assume everyone is different, but I'd risk to say that if your 6-APB is legit, there is no way you would be disappointed.

So is it true people are having difficulty urinating while on this? Any way to alleviate this problem? I'd imagine the main danger would be you thinking you're not hydrated because you can't pee when you can?

^ I think this is true for most stimulants. I find sitting down tends to help.

I had a tan brown powder with a typical smell tested last week. The result just came in and not only does this contain 6-APB but also 4-APB. Goes without saying I was very surprised. Does anyone know anything about 4-APB (tried google, almost nothing) and how/why it could have gotten in there?

By 4-APB they mean 4-(2-aminopropyl)benzofuran? Maybe someone with a little more chemistry knowledge can chime in and tell us if that's even possible. The only close thing I could think of that they could maybe mistakenly name 4-APB is 6-APDB, since it's also called 4-Desoxy-MDA. The lab didn't give you a chemical name? Just 4-APB? That sounds a bit sketchy to me..

This is a little off-topic but I'd recommend if anyone is trying this at home they try out The Polynomial on steam. Seems the perfect game. Would work for most psychedelics, MDxx etc too :D More videos of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUZZ1eKC8jM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSqJ2_IVMEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXyO1kCsHM4

By 4-APB they mean 4-(2-aminopropyl)benzofuran? Maybe someone with a little more chemistry knowledge can chime in and tell us if that's even possible. The only close thing I could think of that they could maybe mistakenly name 4-APB is 6-APDB, since it's also called 4-Desoxy-MDA. The lab didn't give you a chemical name? Just 4-APB? That sounds a bit sketchy to me..

This is a little off-topic but I'd recommend if anyone is trying this at home they try out The Polynomial on steam. Seems the perfect game. Would work for most psychedelics, MDxx etc too :D More videos of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUZZ1eKC8jM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSqJ2_IVMEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXyO1kCsHM4

Someone said:
The 4-APB you mentioned would have to be 1-(1-Benzofuran-4-yl)propan-2-amine - which has probably never been and will never be synthesized. Although the similar rings might be present in some other chemical powders but rarely in some distinct substance.

So I made another call to the lab... They can't provide me with the results on paper. The laborant said all the substances containing 6-APB (from all thinkable sources) contain this 4-APB. Mabye something to do with the equipment they use for testing...

Last edited by a moderator:
If they can't even tell you the chemical they found, sounds like the lab you sent the products to is a little dodgy. It's not their equipment I'd be worried about, it's the fact they're only saying 4-APB and not being specific, and telling you if it is the chemical that you mentioned above. Call the lab again and ask them for the full name, not just "4-APB".

Also, vendor talk isn't allowed, so I'm going to have to edit your post a bit.

Sorry for the vendor talk, I didn't realise this wasn't allowed.
I wouldn't consider the lab "dodgy" as it's a goverment lab for safe drug use. Mabye 4-APB is a byproduct no one knows of yet.

Just ask them for the actual name, it's unhelpful if they tell you an acronym. :)

I presume they are talking about a compound based on isobenzofuran, a highly unstable benzofuran isomer. The aminopropyl chain would not stabilise this.

I don't see the APDB analogue happening either. My guess is that someone misread whatever spectra came out of this, entirely possible if they didn't give a second thought to the existence of 4-APB.

There must be an awful lot of poor quality or mislabeled stuff going around. All of the experiences on erowid are negative and the experiences reported here alternate between being underwhelmed and "most euphoric drug ever".

I want to reasearch this chemical sometime soon, I want to find some good pure stuff though, I do not want any thing less then that in quality. If this stuff is anything like methylone then I am sure it is awesome!

There must be an awful lot of poor quality or mislabeled stuff going around. All of the experiences on erowid are negative and the experiences reported here alternate between being underwhelmed and "most euphoric drug ever".

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I was very convinced I wasn't going to enjoy the experience at all after I ended up reading through all the Erowid reports I'd yet to read. When I actually tried it I was blown away by the euphoria. I'm half tempted to edit the main post about the "inconsistent" euphoria as that's more likely down to people not always getting the real thing - or taking pellets which have varying dose amounts so sometimes lead to under/overdosing. That said though, we still can't be 100% sure that this is the case - this could always be another chemical like 2C-E in which half of those taking it absolutely love it and have a great time, whereas the other half are overwhelmed by side-effects and get very few of the desired effects, so I'm going to leave those parts in the main post.

Just so you guys know, we now have a combinations subthread and a side-effects subthread which are linked in the main post. :)

The lukewarm reviews and the cheesy name "Benzo Fury" put me off of trying this stuff until now, but I'm pretty convinced most people are just getting bad batches. I ordered some from a trusted vendor who always has high quality products and should be getting it sometime this week.

So the dosage curve on this is pretty much identical to MDA right? Upper limit around 170mg?

Also, this could be my mind playing tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing 6-apdb going around a year or two ago. I wonder why 6-APB was selected for resale rather than 6-apdb. Cheaper to synthesize?

So is it true people are having difficulty urinating while on this? Any way to alleviate this problem? I'd imagine the main danger would be you thinking you're not hydrated because you can't pee when you can?

It´s weird with this one: i need to go to the bathroom more often at first. Kinda has the same effect as alcohol has on the kidneys ( crystal-clear,even makes my kidneys hurt like alcohol does when i pee). Later on in the trip my blatter refuses to cooporate (think it´s the mdai added after the first 2 hours) but by then every bit of fluid is allready expelled.

Last edited:
Any tips on storing this product? I'm thinking of buying a small stash that should last me about two years. I only do drugs 3 or 4 times a year so It's nothig mutch ;) Can I put it in the freezer, or just in the refrigerator?

Status
Not open for further replies.