• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos shooting kpins or ambien???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimh925

Greenlighter
hey I just got two scripts filled for 120 1mg kpins and 30 10mg ambien. can I shoot either of these? and if I can is it even worth it? and what are the side effects to shooting these if I can do it. thanks.

I would definetly never ever shoot pills. I know some people used to shoot original o.c.'s but that was probably through a very complicated process...think off all the filler and binder of the pill that will go in your arm...

They are not for shooting-- the drugs aren't water soluble, first of all (oxycodone or whatever pill you've IV'd was water soluble). They absorb pretty readily from just eating them so I recommend doing that.

Clonazepam isn't worth shooting for a number of reasons, mainly its low solubility in water. It has a 90% oral Bioavailability. If you tried to inject it, you would not recover the vast majority of the active drug from the crushed pill and water solution- so you'd end up shooting water and a load of pill binders and fillers (inactive ingredients); which are the causes of the major health problems associated with injecting pills.

I don't recommend injecting Zolpidem. Aside from the numerous dangers associated with injecting pills, different people experience (or report) very different experiences with IV Zolpidem. Some people say it is stimulating; some say its caused them to immediately pass out; my experience was that it caused a general 'internal numbness' for a short period of time; and if used in combination with any other drug, it would ruin or 'kill' the effects of the other drug(s) in my system. Most people report that the most recreational effects of Zolpidem come from oral consumption or insufflation. As someone who has injected plenty of Ambien, I don't recommend it.

Each 10mg Ambien contains:

Each Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) tablet includes the following inactive ingredients: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, lactose, magnesium stearate, micro-crystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, sodium starch glycolate, and titanium dioxide.

Several of those ingredients are the most damaging inactive ingredients found in pills when prepared for injection. Check out the Case Studies thread to see what happens to people who have attempted to inject pills with these same inactive ingredients.

If you insist on doing it, at the very least use a micron filter and a clean needle.

hey I just got two scripts filled for 120 1mg kpins and 30 10mg ambien. can I shoot either of these? and if I can is it even worth it? and what are the side effects to shooting these if I can do it. thanks.

Well technically I suppose you can, but there is absolutely no sensible erason for doing so. As already said, they are not water soluble, and both have relatively high oral bioavailability (70% for zolpidem and around 90% for clonazepam I believe). Also, consider the size of a Kpin, and that only a measly one milligram of that is clonazepam. The rest? Binders. Do yourself a favor and eat those pills.

Stick to oral with benzos, do not IV them.

rectal can be quite pleasant too, but as t IV is total waste. i think our standard zolpidem pills here (stilnoct-sanofi) are extra dangerous to IV becouse of some special caoting.

Clonazepam isn't worth shooting for a number of reasons, mainly its low solubility in water. It has a 90% oral Bioavailability. If you tried to inject it, you would not recover the vast majority of the active drug from the crushed pill and water solution- so you'd end up shooting water and a load of pill binders and fillers (inactive ingredients); which are the causes of the major health problems associated with injecting pills.

I don't recommend injecting Zolpidem. Aside from the numerous dangers associated with injecting pills, different people experience (or report) very different experiences with IV Zolpidem. Some people say it is stimulating; some say its caused them to immediately pass out; my experience was that it caused a general 'internal numbness' for a short period of time; and if used in combination with any other drug, it would ruin or 'kill' the effects of the other drug(s) in my system. Most people report that the most recreational effects of Zolpidem come from oral consumption or insufflation. As someone who has injected plenty of Ambien, I don't recommend it.

Each 10mg Ambien contains:

Several of those ingredients are the most damaging inactive ingredients found in pills when prepared for injection. Check out the Case Studies thread to see what happens to people who have attempted to inject pills with these same inactive ingredients.

If you insist on doing it, at the very least use a micron filter and a clean needle.
---
There are two, mayee three (forgetting about lorazepam being partially water soluble)... So there are a few exceptions, if done properly.

Last edited:
10mg ambiens can be shot, you need to use at least 50 units though to do it. It does give a kind of neat rush, but the overall effects are over so quickly.

The answer is no - the only benzodiazepine that you can inject with water is midazolam (Versed) and even then it's risky because you can black out with a needle in your arm! (Ambien/zolpidem can also be injected, but again, there's no benefit as it is absorbed rapidly and extensively when eaten and it injecting it just carries the normal risks associated with injecting sedatives.)

Medically prescribed injections of diazepam and stuff are usually in ethanol/propylene glycol or polyethylene glycol. They'll destroy your veins and burn like a bitch if you don't dilute them properly - and even then they are really meant for emergency usage like in seizures.

If you need a more rapid onset for your benzodiazepine, stick it up your ass (plug it) or hold it under your tongue and around your gums (sublingual/buccal). Snorting them ain't reccomended either because you'll end up with a nose full of pill fillers.

This question has been asked over and over again, and now I've answered it (again). Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.