Bluelight

Thread: what's the best kind of morning glory seeds?

1. Collapse Details
    what's the best kind of morning glory seeds? 
    Bluelighter
    Question
    hey, i've heard about tripping off morning glory seeds for a couple years now and i'm finally thinking about doing it. Now, i know that the Hawaiian Baby Woodrose(?) seeds are the best to use because you only need to eat a few seeds. But, due to the fact that those arn't exactly the easiest to find, i'd like to know what you guys think works just as well...oh, and how many seeds would i need to consume?
    also, ive heard that soaking the seeds in water for a few hours before eating them won't make you naseau's...does it work?
    [ 23 April 2002: Message edited by: BeverlyBiscuit ]

2. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew morninggloryseed's Avatar
    Depends on who you consult. Erowid lists that the heavenly blue variety is the most potent, where as in classic literature it has always been reported that the pearly gates variety is the most potent. The only time I tried pearly gates, they were in fact weaker than the heavenly blue. But then, potency has varied so much with heavenly blue I'd say one trial's worth of experience with pearly gates is not a fair means to judge it by. I'd prolly stick to heavenly blue.
    As for soaking them in water, they must first be ground to a powder. After soaking for a few hours, the seeds asre filtered out and the resulting brew is what you drink. It reduces nausea but also reduces the intensity and nature of the trip. I'd say stick with consuming the ground seeds in capsules but that's your call. If you don't want to take the chance of becoming nauseous then don't use morning glory seeds.

3. Collapse Details

I guess I'll tack on a rider to the question since it's similar:
    How is the tainted seed coat best removed?. Or is that just on MGS and not HBR?

4. Collapse Details

definitley eat the heavenly blues, I have tried a couple diffrent kinds due to not being able to obtain LSD but the most potent ones for me were the heavenly blues just grind them up in a coffee grinder and put them in peanut butter or something. Beware they will give you the shits the next day badly other than that they were an alright substitute to LSD

5. Collapse Details

Baby woodrose seeds are not coated with any fungicides. Most morning glory sees you buy aren't either. There was only one brand I ever bought that I know was, and it had a purple powder coating. I just ended up throwing them away. Well I grew some actually. All I ever did to the morning glory seeds was wash them off so I would't be eating dirt. I was never poisoned.

6. Collapse Details

they were an alright substitute to LSD
    They aren't a substitute at all. Morning glory seeds are very different than LSD. I always enjoyed the trip and think of it as reliable psychedelic in its own right. That's like saying mushrooms are a substitute for LSD. My opinion.

7. Collapse Details

Morninggloryseed, since this thread has got your attention:
    If LSA is just a blanket term for lysergic amides, what are the actual chemicals contained within the seeds?

8. Collapse Details

Besides lysergic acid amide (LA-111, ergine) there is isolysergic acid amide, lysergic and isolysergic acid hydroxyethylamide, chanoclavine, elymoclavine, and lesser amounts of ergonovine.

9. Collapse Details

Mushroom
    I agree that LSA is really its own psychedelic. However, I tend to find that some seeds do have a coating on them. If you wash them off in distilled water with some liquid detergent... this can help. The "poison" doesn't kill you... just makes you sick (in case someone thought that). Also... this is on a lot of other posts, check the damn search engine!

10. Collapse Details

The fuzzy coating on HBWR seeds is purported to contain cyanide-like compounds. This is stated on one vendor's site.. could be wrong. I'm no chemist, nor am I an LSA connoseur. But I'd certainly make sure that coating was gone before I ate them.

11. Collapse Details

[quote]Originally posted by OperatesHeavyMachinery:
    The fuzzy coating on HBWR seeds is purported to contain cyanide-like compounds.
    I'm not any authority on the seeds, but I am convinced that is a myth. I have yet to see any place site their source for this information.
    The Journal of Psychoactive Drugs had an extensive article on the seeds, and it never mentioned this. I've personally consumed the seeds dozens of times, sometimes scraping the coating, sometimes not. No difference in the amount of nausea produced was ever noticed.
    If I am wrong and someone has isolated cyanogenic glycosides from the seeds and it was published in a journal, please point it out to me.

12. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    i bought some MGS (heavenly blue) and i was wondering how do the seeds look like when there treated with fungacide cause i bought some the other day and the seeds were a blackish color!! Are my seeds coated with fungacide??

13. Collapse Details

[quote]Originally posted by mightyjoepipe:
    i bought some the other day and the seeds were a blackish color!!
    Oddly enough that is because the seeds are dark brown to blackish color!! The seeds I believed to be coated had a purplish powdery substance on them. Not a lot, but a fine coating.
    If you are concerned about ingesting pesticides/fungicides (which you should be), then don't eat store-bought morning glory seeds. Buy some untreated ones off the net. I must remind you at this point not to ask where to find them. Source discussion is not allowed here at bluelight. Thank you

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I think with the 100 seeds i bought i can grow a couple plants right??? and then ill just pick the seeds from the pods when ready to be picked!! The prob is i would buy some its just that i still live with tha old folks!!!