• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hey ladies! Do you use a menstrual cup?

BTW, if anyone is interested in buying one, eBay can help you save a few bucks if you have time to bid. I bought my cup in a local store but a lot of different brands are available on eBay. I bought a Lunette yesterday for 20$ CDN (usually costs around 35$) and the bidding was ferocious.

I've read the average cup's capacity is more than most women menstruate in a day, but I've also read the average capacity is more than most women menstruate their entire cycle. Because of this conflicting information, I bought a cloth panty liner with my (Keeper) Moon Cup. I have not had it leak, but I've only worn it half a cycle.

I did have mine run over, but that was because I had it in all day and all night without changing it. It wasn't all that messy.

Not as bad as you make it seem. Do your research. When I first heard of Diva Cup years ago, I said ew. Recently, this product came up again from an article online. Did a lot of research and wanted to buy some ASAP. Couldn't find Diva Cups But I found disposal SoftCups (brand). And long story short, I love it. Wish I had this product forever ago. Plan to give up tampons and pads for good. Thinking of doing a post on my experience some where online.

Last edited:
*Periods are something we as women don't want to go through. But we still do. It's human nature. So it may gross you out but periods are yucky no matter what you use.

I mean it is your blood. And you can wash your hands. It's just another sucky thing nature gave us. And some How we have to take care of this shit. tampons and pads are gross. Menstrual cups. Wayyyy better. Even hygiene wise. You can keep this is 12 hours, no leak, no feel at all, no touching the butt. You can use the bathroom and shower without ever touching it. Or feeling it! Lol. But for real. It's cool. With tampons and pads I always have to remove. Not with the cups

Tampons and pads include chemicals that may cause TSS. The cups do not. Which is why it is safer to have in for 12 hours due to How heavy you are. It's even safe to sleep with so you don't have to worry about the 8 hours.

I agree! Clean up is 100 times much better. V.s having to flush tampons. Or wrapping tampons and pads and having to put it in a separate bag. Ugh. Just too much hassle. Better off with the cups

one of my friends uses a cup but must admit I don't like the sound of it I use reusable towels, have done for years, but then I also used reusable nappies lol I am pretty heavy and think I would be worried about potential leakage. Also when you are out if you did have to change it I think I would feel awkward in a public loo nipping out to wash it, that has now put me off :O

No, I don't think I'd ever use one either. I quite like my tampons, not a fan of pads either.

I'm aware that you have to wash these things well each time you empty them. How do you do thst in a public restroom while maintaining sterilization? I'd be concerned about getting infections...

I've heard they are becoming quite popular now :)

However, I personally don't feel comfortable using them. I feel like they'd be too big?

Hell no. A cup vs a fibroid uterus is like a cork vs a tsunami.

Keep your hundred bucks thanks not that desperate.

Tampons and pads include chemicals that may cause TSS. The cups do not. Which is why it is safer to have in for 12 hours due to How heavy you are. It's even safe to sleep with so you don't have to worry about the 8 hours.

Bacteria in tampons which are in use for too long cause tss and are more prevalent in untreated cotton. A cup used in a manner that is similar ie you dont change it enough- will cause the same bacterial build up.

Tampons are fine, just change the bloody things and dont be gross its not rocket science.

No cup, I find it really uncomfortable. But I do use the Thinx period panties in addition to tampons (Lola brand, no chemicals, just cotton) , they are both amazing products.
there is also some new disc that’s popular in LA but I haven’t tried it yet. I’m a little doubtful. It’s sort of like the Nuva Ring but with some material in the circle as opposed to being just a ring and mold to your body.

Yes I do and I love it and it's not as gross as you would think . But I only use it at home because of the cleaning aspect . Once you know how to get it in properly you can't even feel it , it's just hard to find the right size . Recommend for people with a regular or light flow , heavy flow people not so sure .