• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Phenibut Withdrawal

Day 6/7 (took it 7 days ago, but not counting that day as clean from Phenibut)

I got a lot more sleep last night, about 6-8 hours. I woke up at about 3 or 4 am and had to take some more clonidine and then fell back asleep. The only symptoms I'm really having now is still a little trouble focusing, but not nearly as bad. I don't have bad anxiety anymore, although I do have racing thoughts of stuff that is bothering me, but I've also been stressed out before the Phenibut stuff, so it could be a combo from stress. Also itching still, but again, less pronounced. And the insomnia, which isn't really THAT bad. I guess for most people it might be terrible, but since I dealt with that Xanax withdrawal for the past 5 or so months, I haven't been getting nights of sleep of 6-8 hours without the Phenibut. So if I can get at least 6 without benzos or Phenibut, that's good for me...and this is right now, in a couple weeks I'm hoping my sleep returns to a much more normal state.

Again, I know not a lot of people are reading this, but eventually someone with a Phenibut addiction will be searching online and hopefully this will comfort them to know what someone else went through.

It's great that you are posting for the exact reasons that you have stated.Glad it hasn't been as horrible as you were anticipating and I hope things continue to go well.:)

It's great that you are posting for the exact reasons that you have stated.Glad it hasn't been as horrible as you were anticipating and I hope things continue to go well.:)

Well if I can comfort one person going through the same thing, that's good enough for me.

Day 7/8:

Got about 3 hours sleep, woke up, took some more clonidine, and fell back asleep and slept for about 4 hours waking every hour though. I'm really hoping that the anxiety goes away, which I don't feel all that much because of the clonidine, but I don't really care for the way the clonidine makes me feel. Then again, I'm starting to think that the anxiety isn't all from the Phenibut, because last night it was more pronounced than any other night, but then again, I guess that could have been the peak of the WD.

Today I feel better than any other day. The itching went away, until I went out an exercised (but that's not uncommon). Yes, I was able to break a sweat, I really need to start getting into an exercise routine.

The most annoying thing is the panic attacks that seem to last 30-60 min, and they come in waves, then i feel fine for a few hours, then it comes again. It's not a full blown panic attack, but my mind starts racing like during a panic attack, and sometimes I get short breathed.

I started getting a slight panic attack today while walking, I was breaking a sweat at this point. Does anyone know if exercising can cause anxiety since it raises your blood pressure? Overall I know exercising will be beneficial, just curious.

Things are going well, I haven't thrown out the Phenibut, but I will, because I don't have any desire to do it, it really feels dirty. And I feel like I'm slowly getting scrubbed clean each day.

When you say you have had extensive experience with Baclofen and Phenibut, can you elaborate on how much and how long you were doing Phenibut? And Baclofen is similar, but stronger if I'm not mistaken, correct?

2 months consecutive each. Phenibut wasn't as persistently nagging, but they both sucked. What is your question to be specific?

2 grams phenibut. 100mg baclofen. About equipotent I think.

2 months consecutive each. Phenibut wasn't as persistently nagging, but they both sucked. What is your question to be specific?

2 grams phenibut. 100mg baclofen. About equipotent I think.

I was just curious to as how close our experiences were. Judging by your responses, I'd guess our experience with Phenibut was probably similar, as far as I can tell.

I don't need it, but I took a large dose of Valium (well large for my tolerance) of 50 mg, tonight, so that I can hopefully get a full night's sleep without waking up in the middle of the night, and having to down a bunch of clonidine (which makes me groggy, dry mouth, and light headed, although it takes away so many WD symptoms even from Alchohol, Benzos, and Opiates, great little drug). But I am taking the Valium tonight so I can get a good night's sleep, and plan to not do anymore benzos or phenibut for a long, long time.

I never really had a psychological addiction to Benzos, I was just so afraid of quitting because of the physical aspect. After I got through the worst of it, I didn't even want to feel that feeling of Xanax. Same with Valium, it's not a feeling I crave, I just want a night to be able to relax. Which is why I think I won't full relapse, although I am being very careful, because I do not want to get readdicted to benzos.

Oh and plus I have a week left of school, finals week, so I need to make sure to get some sleep. After that I have 3 and a half weeks to chill out, and not take any phenibut or benzos, just sub and herb. It will be the first Xmas in about 5 years I haven't had to worry about drugs.

Been a couple days since my last update, I'm now on Day 9 I think. I took Valium two night's ago, I mentioned it in the last post. It definitely helped calm me down, but other than that buzz, it didn't do much for the symptoms I was having from the Phenibut WD. For the most part, the WDs are gone. I still itch a little bit, I still have trouble focusing, but it's getting less and less severe each day. As for the anxiety, I don't know if that's gone away yet, because I took those Valium 2 nights ago, and it's half life could still be staving away anxiety. I probably won't post another update for a week. I am hoping by then I feel pretty normal. Although I don't know if I even will because as I mentioned in the beginning of this topic, I came off Xanax 5 months ago and I'm still not fully recovered from that, so I might still feel weird, although it wouldn't be from Phenibut. Basically I was taking Phenibut to deal with the post-WD acute symptoms of Xanax.

It's been 14 days since I took that last dose of Phenibut. Just to reiterate, I was taking about 1-2grams for the first month, and progressively raising it by about a gram each month, until about 3-3.5 months later I was taking about 5-6 Grams of Phenibut. So total of about 3-4 months of Phenibut use, after quitting Xanax a few months before that (It's been 5 months since I quit Xanax, so I would have started Phenibut about 2 months after I quit Xanax).

I'm not condoning this, but I honestly think that Phenibut did help me. I was taking it because the Xanax withdrawals were so terrible. Like I said, it had been 2 months since I had taken Xanax and I still felt like crap. It's not that I was still withdrawing, it's that Xanax damages your GABA A receptors so badly that it takes about a year and a half to heal (if you are a heavy Benzo user). Anyways, Phenibut didn't take away all that crappy feeling, but it definitely took away a lot of the crappiness, but it also made me feel weird, but I'd say it was worth it, it probably stopped a lot of panic attacks during that time, and let me sleep.

So, I quit Phenibut 2 weeks ago. I wanted to quit anyways, but the reason I stopped then was just because I ran out, I already returned the other order of Phenibut that I had coming to my house, and it sat in my house for about a week without me wanting to take any.

Here's a small outline of how the WD went:

Day 1 (24 hours after last use): Felt like I normally did when I didn't dose up on Phenibut, wasn't quite WDs, but I wanted to re-dose. I slept.

Day 2: Still didn't feel that terrible, but I knew the WDs had started, I was panicking, mainly because I thought the WDs would get much worse. They did get worse, but not terrible. Couldn't sleep or focus on anything

Day 3-5: Anxiety and panic attacks started to come regularly, but Clonidine helped stave those away, but my body started itching, and it was hard to sit still. Although it wasn't like when you are WDing from Xanax or Opiates when you can't sit still. It was more just like I couldn't get comfortable, I didn't have that feeling like something was crawling in my skin though, thank god. I honestly did sleep a bit during these days. I got about 1-3 hours each night, it wasn't bad. Obviously I wanted more, but whatever.

Day 6-7: Anxiety was still there, but it wasn't as bad. I finally craved taking a dose of Phenibut. The only thing stopping me was basically knowing that the feeling of it wasn't that great to begin with, and if I took it, I'd have to go through those first 5 days of crap again. Slept about the same (3, maybe 4 hours).

Days 8-12: Still hard to focus, still itching, but day by day, it diminishes more and more. The not being able to focus thing is weird. I could focus, but I think I was really low on dopamine because I could find nothing to do that was enjoyable. Usually, even when I'm WDing, I can watch movies and/or TV shows and follow them, and I can sympathize and empathize with the characters, which can actually take your mind off the pain of WD. Well not with Phenibut. I couldn't even enjoy stuff that I know I love, it was like I couldn't feel any sort of emotion. But like I said, day by day, this is getting better. Sleep got better too. It's not the best sleep, but I've been getting about 4 hours of sleep, waking up, then going back to sleep for 4 more hours (but I wake up every hour during the second 4 hours).

Day 13: Yesterday was okay, because I got about 6-8 hours of sleep the night before. But this week I had my finals for class, and it's been a stressful past few months anyways, so I really wanted to take some Phenibut, my craving was stronger than it had been during the past 13 days. The thing is though, I had already mailed that package back. Luckily too, because I would've regretted it.

Day 14 (Today): I got a solid 8 hours of sleep last night. My dopamine levels are still not at their fullest, but I can definitely enjoy stuff now, watching TV shows, movies, and playing games. Although I enjoy them less so than I should. I expect this to get better over the next few weeks and months. Also, remember I'm still recovering from Xanax too, so I'm not going to feel 100% no matter what. It's hard to differentiate between them. I can say this is probably one of the least crappy feeling days I've had since I quit Xanax. It feels nice that the only thing in my system is Suboxone and pot.

If anyone ever comes across this topic and needs some advice or help, feel free to email me [email protected] because like I said, it's hard to find people who have gone through this. From what I've read, it seems like most people have had it worse when it comes to phenibut. I think it might be because I dealt with Xanax WD, so to me this was a cakewalk. But I'm here for anyone who wants support. I am not an expert by any means though. Just a guy looking to share his experience.

Day 6/7 (took it 7 days ago, but not counting that day as clean from Phenibut)

I got a lot more sleep last night, about 6-8 hours. I woke up at about 3 or 4 am and had to take some more clonidine and then fell back asleep. The only symptoms I'm really having now is still a little trouble focusing, but not nearly as bad. I don't have bad anxiety anymore, although I do have racing thoughts of stuff that is bothering me, but I've also been stressed out before the Phenibut stuff, so it could be a combo from stress. Also itching still, but again, less pronounced. And the insomnia, which isn't really THAT bad. I guess for most people it might be terrible, but since I dealt with that Xanax withdrawal for the past 5 or so months, I haven't been getting nights of sleep of 6-8 hours without the Phenibut. So if I can get at least 6 without benzos or Phenibut, that's good for me...and this is right now, in a couple weeks I'm hoping my sleep returns to a much more normal state.

Again, I know not a lot of people are reading this, but eventually someone with a Phenibut addiction will be searching online and hopefully this will comfort them to know what someone else went through.

Yes it helps to read these experiences. I'm on day four and feel like shitt. I've NEVER been through withdrawals this bad. Ever.

Well I'm not sure how you're doing at this point, but I recommend you take a long break if you ever plan on taking it again. Phenibut withdrawls suck. The worst part is the insomnia. I know it sounds bleak, but the only thing you can do is tough it out. Try to occupy yourself, even though I'm sure this won't be easy. Perhaps try some cannabis in the evenings? Although unfortunately the effects will probable be a bit diminished by W/D. Take a looong break and if you return to using, do it no more than twice or so per week. IME, the withdrawls hit soooooo much more easily after the first time you abuse it to the point of serious withdrawls. Abuse it again and you risk nasty and unpredictable PAWS. Try chamomile tea. I found alcohol helps the tiniest bit. They do effect different sets of receptors, but alcohol can prolong xanax withdrawal. It could possibly, but prolong it but probably not to the extent of xanax. A very small amount before bed helped me sleep, but again I can't fully endorse that.

There remain a lot of people CT-ing phenibut. I think phenibut can and should be tapered.

Its quite easy.

Step 1.
Find out what daily dose you need.

Step 2.
Buy a bottle of water. 1/2 liter.

Step 3.
Multiply your daily dose by 5 and put that in the bottle.

Step 4.
Drink 100ml of the bottle.
(You can put a glass on scales: 100mg = 100ml)

Step 5.
Add 100ml of tap water to the bottle.

Step 6.
Wait a day. Goto to step 4.

Example: say you use 4 grams a day. Then you put 5x4 = 20 grams in the bottle. Your dosages will be: 4000 - 3200 - 2560 - 2048 - 1638 - 1310 - 1048 - 838 - 671 - 536 - 429 - 343 - 274 - 219 - 175 - 140 - 112 - 90 - 72 - 57
At this point you can stop using & not have withdrawals. Total taper, in this case, takes 20 days.

If you are a fast-metabolizer and you have inter-dose withdrawals, take 50ml twice a day.

The daily reduction in this example is 20%. This works for me. If it's too fast for you, you can decrease the daily reduction:
For 15% a day, change step 2 by buying a 750 ml bottle and change step 3 by putting 7.5 times your daily dose in it. The other steps remain the same.
For 10% a day, change step 2 by buying a liter bottle and change step 3 by putting 10 times your daily dose in it. The other steps remain the same.
Of course this causes the taper to be longer.

You will want to store the bottle in a cool & dark place to prevent the water from going moldy.

I hope this helps someone.

Vazkor

Last edited: