• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

Jesusgreen

Bluelight Crew

Welcome to the Big & Dandy DXM Thread
Dextromethorphan_transparant.png

Go to: The previous B&D thread, part 1 - Collected Archive

5Y6prie.gif

External Information Links:
5Y6prie.gif

DXM Subthreads:
It seems we've had two (kind of 3) threads but we're not on part two yet, I wouldn't want to leave 2 out, so here it is. Call it 2.5 if you wish.
Back to your dissociation :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If I wanted to try it once, how likely is it I will become addicted and end up doing it often enough for long term damage to arise?

Firstly this depends on whether your body chemistry allows you to even like the effects of DXM or not. I absolutely hate it, but I fully assume this is due to my metabolism, which matters more with this drug than other drugs apparently.
Secondly it depends on whether you are sensitive to addiction or not. Actually the order of this list is irrelevant. ;)

As a general rule, how easy it is to get is also a factor. I can manage my weakness for ketamine (ab)use because it is not immediately available to me, at least I made it so. DXM can be bought in a lot of places which I consider a bad thing with addictive drugs.

It is said 1/3 of people quite like DXM, 1/3 is not really moved by it either way and 1/3 dislikes it - roughly. Apart from body chemistry it also matters if you have a sweet tooth for dissociatives in general or not. They are not a very common class of drugs, and nitrous tends to be temporarily more-ish for the vast majority of people. If you ever tried ketamine that should tell you something about how you like to be in such a typical state.

My opinion is that it is not worth it either way but I have my own disposition. Other than that no one here should try to tell you actual odds of that happening. If you worry about it, you could make a rule for yourself to only use it like once every 2 or 3 months. Make the rule more clear than I am putting it. Then never break it, always tell yourself that if you do that is the first step to addiction. Which is potentially true. People don't see addiction coming a mile away, not usually anyway. It creeps in by you breaking personal rules again and again.

By the way I am amazed that there has only been 1 Big & Dandy DXM Thread. Yes I know there is an archive, also DXM must have a record number of random small threads on it floating around. Anyway JG, I made the numbering a bit more neat. "Kind of" confused me a little. We don't want people thinking PD crew can't count to 2. Lol just messing ofc ;)

Probably for the best, it's a shame I didn't go for "Part 2.5", that would have really confused some people now ;)

On a more personal note, I'd be curious if anyone knows the kind of dose ranges where this starts getting dangerous with low/no tolerance - my NMDA antagonist tolerance seems to have dropped back down, and I feel like giving this one a try, but I'm a very big fan of complete dissociation, so I'd like to push this quite high - but, hospital trips aren't on my agenda :)

Long term side effects? From the articles I've read on DXM (mainly from erowid and studies found through google), there don't really seem to be any. Mainly talking about cognitive abilities (smartness). Using DXM once or twice shouldn't make me noticeably dumber, right?

Long term side effects? From the articles I've read on DXM (mainly from erowid and studies found through google), there don't really seem to be any. Mainly talking about cognitive abilities (smartness). Using DXM once or twice shouldn't make me noticeably dumber, right?
Would you be aware of any cognitive deficits from DXM use if they do arise?

I take DXM Freebase probably 6 times a month and I dig mixing it with shit. DXM+acid is great.

I only notice any residual effects after 48 hours if I smoke a lot of weed or dose a lot of DXM before. It's another story if you are dosing often (more than once every two weeks is often)

The day after is my favorite part. I can smoke weed every couple hours and be lit all day.

On a more personal note, I'd be curious if anyone knows the kind of dose ranges where this starts getting dangerous with low/no tolerance - my NMDA antagonist tolerance seems to have dropped back down, and I feel like giving this one a try, but I'm a very big fan of complete dissociation, so I'd like to push this quite high - but, hospital trips aren't on my agenda :)

I'd try for the third plateau, maybe upper third based on your weight with a calculator and see where that gets you. Really though, I would not go beyond 1200mg no matter what personally, though I've never gone beyond 800 myself, and feel no need to (the 4th plateau seems like taking it too far). With a high third you may find yourself falling into a hole-ish state anyway.

I think I'd take around 700-800 for 3rd then, and 1000-1100 for 4th, based on what calculators have told me regarding my weight. I might just jump straight to fourth, being a bit of a masochist - I assume if I do this though puking is almost guaranteed?

Would you be aware of any cognitive deficits from DXM use if they do arise?
If DXM made me noticeably dumber, then yes I would notice. All smartassery aside, I guess it would be hard (impossible) to tell with nothing to compare to.

I guess what I was getting to was the fact that most people on a memantine (another NMDA antagonist) regimen actually report increased mental clarity after a few days of "brainfog." And aside from this, we know NMDA receptors are implicated in learning. So I guess I was asking if people had heard reports of people saying "yeah, I did dxm once [or a hundred times] a few years back and I really haven't been as sharp ever since" or anything along those lines.

We know drugs of the amphetamine class have the potential to make you dumber through neurotoxicity (though not a concern in reasonable doses). We know weed makes you dumber temporarily but us basically harmless long term. We know alcohol damages dendrites and causes neural restructuring in moderate doses while inducing brain shrinkage over the long term if consumed heavily/regularly. But it seems nearly nothing is known about how DXM effects learning and memory, which is astounding for a legal OTC medication. So I'm looking for anecdotes.

I think I'd take around 700-800 for 3rd then, and 1000-1100 for 4th, based on what calculators have told me regarding my weight. I might just jump straight to fourth, being a bit of a masochist - I assume if I do this though puking is almost guaranteed?

Yes, and probably hours and hours of horrible vertigo on the comedown. I'd really try the third first, you can get lost in it quite easily.

Robojesus please forgive us our sins and trespasses.
/
Bow and pray before the porcelain throne first...

I'd like to mention some nootropics like piracetam/aniracetam are thought to possibly help mend the parts of your brain that become damaged with abusing dissociatives.

I did tussin myself for the first time in about a year a few days ago, combined it with 25i-NBOMe. It was fun, but the way it made my stomach feel has me feeling like I'll never touch that stuff again. So many better drugs out there that I didn't know about back when I was doing DXM.

dxm and weight loss

why is it that when i do dxm the next day i willl weigh around 3 pounds lighter? im just curious i dont mind the weight loss but always wondered why, if anyone knows, that happens and if its just me.

Getting high alone on dxm

I am pretty new to getting high alone. My whole life I've always been with friends when I've gotten high on any drug, except for pot which I often smoke alone before bed. I'm used to smoking pot alone, it's a great way to mellow out at the end of the day and be alone with my mind and thoughts.

I'm new-ish to DXM, but I have done it several times over the past few months with friends. Had some wild experiences and learned a lot. I've tried doing it alone 2 times now, because I want to experience getting high on a more powerful drug alone, especially DXM which I think might be better alone in some ways. This may sound kinda stupid, but I'm having difficulty learning HOW to be high alone on a powerful drug. It's just damn.. confusing. I didn't realize how helpful it is to have a buddy or gf around to help guide the trip and be supportive and grounding and just share the vibe with you.

The first time I got high alone on DXM I didn't take very much, probably about 200mg. It was pleasant, I drew, listened to some Alan Watts lectures and thought about stuff, listened to music, hallucinated a bit.. Last night I tried again and took too much too fast by mistake. I took the gel caps, 40 in the span of 30 mins. Equivalent to 600mg. After about an hour I experienced the nasty stomach side effects, but about 1.5 hours in I was way higher than I expected to be. I had double vision, couldn't walk very well, couldn't read, could sorta talk but too fast and quite confusedly.. This is the kind of high that might be fun with friends, but I found myself very frustrated in this state alone. There wasn't much I could do other than lie down and hallucinate like mad. Which was great for a while, but my goal for the trip was to use my mind, which I find is often more powerful and I can think faster and more clearly on DXM. For some reason I experienced the opposite during this trip. I usually feel smarter and much more aware of higher realities on DXM but in this case I felt kind of dumbed down, which kinda depressed me. All I could really use my mind for was creative doings, so I took some photos and drew and tripped out. I tried thinking and writing and reading but no luck. Eventually I tried to sleep, still hallucinating like crazy, so it took a lot of effort, but finally succeeded. I also found myself quite afraid and psychotic when hallucinating in bed, so I guess that's the one part that deters me from doing DXM alone, is that it can be scary at times. I have done k alone once, which I find to be a very comforting drug, but DXM is darker and less protective to me.

I guess I definitely took too much - I have taken that much before, but never that quickly, and never alone. So it was foolish of me to swallow 40 gelcaps so fast. I guess doing it gradually over the course of a few hours will give you much better results. It really wasn't the high I was expecting. It was also the first time I had taken just gel caps and no syrup, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Anyway, just looking for some other thoughts and opinions on getting high with friends vs getting high alone (on dissociatives) - maybe it's better to plan your trip beforehand when dosing alone? To eliminate getting too confused and lost? But yeah the dosage and speed I took it at surely had something to do with my disappointing high as well. All thoughts appreciated.