• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

I always ate a light meal about 2 hours beforehand, drank a ton of grapefruit juice 30 minutes beforehand, ate grapefruit, anything grapefruit, drank the syrup with grapefruit juice as well, and had everything arranged beforehand so immediately after swallowing I can...
Lay down with my head elevated, listen to slow droney music nothing loud of too stimulating, very important ...music was the added dimension that made OOBE possible for me and also allowed me not to vomit. Lastly, clench your teeth and keep swallowing!

When you feel your body start to spin, even though you're laying down, the trip is about to begin.
When you pee, it's over. Then the speedy part begins.

Even though William White was discredited for claiming DXM caused brain lesions, the rest of his report was very useful for me.
Especially the part about 1/3rd of the people who try it won't like it at all, 1/3 will try it but never reach the full potential, and the last 1/3 will go all the way to many third plateau experiences before their liver enzymes change and they begin getting a rash.

Also, it may take many months before some biochemical change takes place and your body allows the molecule to affect you.
Sounds crazy, I know, but it seemed like truth to me...many years ago...

Be safe, set and setting.

Enjoy.

get some grape/oj flavored syrup. dissolve it in 1 cup of grape/oj juice. grape vitamin water works good, as does regular oj. chug that down quicklike. oj is aite, i reccomend grape that shit tastes good. u can get it as wal-tussin at walgreens.

take 2 benadryls to prevent a histamine reaction which will probably help with your nausea

cannabis is a great potentiator of tussin and has anti-nausea qualities as well

good luck

p.s. personally i can't trip without taking some benadryl bcuz i get a huge histamine reaction = red body, itchy, discomfort
and u make we wanna tussin a lil again hahaha

I've never personally understood what this 'dirtiness' is that people ascribe to DXM, although I've seen it mentioned often enough. Does anyone care to expand on what that they mean by dirty beyond 'I don't like it'? I personally haven't found DXM itself dirty in any sense, although chugging syrup can be unpleasant.

Is it the need to drink syrup coupled with the potential hot flushes/itchiness/other histamine reactions plus nausea or is it something more?

I think what it is is that, compared to ketamine, it has an extra "unpleasant" feel that ket doesn't have. I guess another way to quantify it would be "alien".

At least that's what it is for me.

DXM Coma

I was recently reminiscing about my DXM days back in highschool, and I remembered something that ive always wanted to ask the Bluelight community for a while now - when I would do DXM back in the day, I normally did a bottle of Robo Max Strength Cough, which was enough at the time to put me at a good lower 3rd Plateau.

The day after the experience, I would normally take a nap, as I was drained and didnt get any real sleep the night of doing the DXM. When I would fall asleep the day after, I would fall into a coma like state, where I couldnt be awakened whatsoever - if my parents came in to talk to me, they could get me to sit up, and have my eyes open, but I would just stare off into space, and not respond to anything they said or did. I absolutely do not remember any of this, but it happened MANY times. It was what got me caught doing DXM from them on a regular basis, was this coma like sleep that would happen, where I couldnt be awakened, and if I WAS stirred enough, I would get up and open my eyes, but be completely unresponsive and remember none of it.

Has this happened to any other DXM users here? and what could be the cause of this? Keep in mind this was normally at least 12-16 hours AFTER the end of the experience.

so you would have these coma like states of sleep, then still dose again? Reading over your post like 5 times I now think you might be overestimating these coma like sleeps. Once I started doing dxm and smoking weed in highschool, it wasn't uncommon for me to be completely unresponsive when my parents tried to wake me, until I managed to pretend to wake up so I could fall back asleep and then wake up thinking my parents never woke me up.

OTC DXM is fucking hard on my body, and yeah, if I was dosing 3rd plateaus consistently I'd always expect the day after to be a blissful state of derps and herps

so you would have these coma like states of sleep, then still dose again? Reading over your post like 5 times I now think you might be overestimating these coma like sleeps. Once I started doing dxm and smoking weed in highschool, it wasn't uncommon for me to be completely unresponsive when my parents tried to wake me, until I managed to pretend to wake up so I could fall back asleep and then wake up thinking my parents never woke me up.

OTC DXM is fucking hard on my body, and yeah, if I was dosing 3rd plateaus consistently I'd always expect the day after to be a blissful state of derps and herps

Yeah, I would still dose, I was 15 years old, stupid and thought I was invincible. I didnt care what I was doing to myself. Overestimating how? I dont quite understand what you mean. Maybe im just not reading it correctly, but I honestly dont understand a majority of your post - how do are you completely unresponsive and then "pretend" to wake up? I know from what my parents told me that they would yell at me, wave their hands in front of my face, shake me, and I would have no reaction, I would just stare off into space with glassy eyes. I also dont remember any of these episodes. and what exactly are "derps and herps"? Not trying to be a dick, just trying to understand what you're saying.

If you had a sick experience, maybe this will come as familiar to you

banned-afternoon-picdump-banned-In-hollywood-031-620x396.jpg

LOL @ the cold fighter. try some fruit buddy.

I took a bunch of crap DXM OTC pills one time back in high school. Usually I did other kinds, but tried a different brand one night. After I came home, my mom heard me puke in my bedroom. I was so fucked up laying down in my bed, I tried to puke down the heat vent on the floor to keep it from getting on the carpet LOL.

Well anyway I told her I had ate some taco bell that night and wasn't feeling too good. Haha... mom was so clueless she actually bought it.

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the replies re: the 'dirtiness' of DXM. Makes a bit more sense now, especially the 'dirty by association' re: high school/college kid behaviour (not something I've personally been exposed to at all).

Threw up for only the 4th or 5th time the other night, in well over 100 experiences (most of them 3rd plateau). The other times were directly caused by dosing too soon after a meal and entirely my fault, so I can appreciate the dirtiness a bit from there.

Here's a somewhat related brief summary of my last experience:

I have a limited recollection as I've somehow obliterated most of the memory of the peak - last thing I remember was lying down in bed with headphones on (as per my usual routine) with one vague recollection of my playing minecraft 'in my head' and that I'd found the edge of recursion becuase I'd dug myself to where I found a block of type 'minecraft', and activating it would let me play minecraft inside minecraft (in which there theoretically would also be another 'minecraft' block somewhere). I haven't played minecraft for quite some time.

Apparently I had enough foresight to throw up in the bath and that I helped my wife clean it up as well - all the while claiming I didn't exist. I have one fleeting memory of this point where I'd somehow mixed in the concept of recursion with tiles from a computer game I'd been playing a couple of days ago all turning 90 degrees and linking to something totally unrelated (not sure exactly what, but it was the most WRONG I have ever felt my entire life). I was like "_THAT_ shouldn't be there!!!!". I think the way I saw the vomit on the inside edges of the bath were forming squares, turning sideways and recursing in some way. This is interesting because my OEV's on DXM are minimal. Usually it's a broken black and white of my bedroom and I'm waiting for the universal computer to give 'me' enough cycles to overcome it and get back to normality.

The next continuation of memory was back in bed navigating my way back from my ego dissolution - getting stuck in time loops, deja vu and waiting for the 'reality shifts' to settle down. It seemed like I had specific waypoints for finding my way back, although the memory of these waypoints is also unsettling, the foremost being a surreal less than ideal situation - almost like it's my last savepoint and I haven't made the right choices to move on from it yet, and that this experience was not the first time I'd been back there...except it was is in this lifetime!? Eventually came down but could feel lingering 'closed eye' effects/thought patterns for the next couple of days. In a way it almost felt like I'm randomly wiring up neuronal networks in my brain - the intent is to improve myself, but the results have been so variable I'm not sure continuuing is a great idea, especially if it could involve recursion.

This was the result of something in the vicinty of 1600mg also potentiated by aniracetam. With regards to harm minimisation, I highly recommend you don't try this combination, especially at high doses. Normally I don't supplement doses, but in this case I was 4 hours in and feeling it way less than expected, so in a less than usually responsible state of mind I upped things by 600mg. Oops. (For reference, I weigh just over 200lbs / 90kg). Only second time in my life I've made a mistake of this order of magnitude.

It was still an amazing experience, but there are different types of amazing, and they're not all positive. It was my second definite 4th plateau and very different from the first (no 'ego death' that time), but still very shaken by it and not one I'm interested in repeating - going to take a long time to integrate it and it may be time to hang up the phone for quite a while so to speak. Going to stop attempted to solve/fix the universe/multiverse (or at least 'my' universe/reality tunnel) and settle for ongoing incremental improvement. Going to lay off the drugs and stick to meditation instead for the time being.

Love you all - be safe!

DXM question

This is going be my first time doing DXM. I did my research , but i have a few questions.
Info:DXM hbr 30mg per tablet (only DXM, don't wanna die)
I weight around 140.
12 tablets.

by taking all 12 tablets at once, what plateau will I likely reach? I'm quite interested in seeing/hearing things, as i've hallucinated before on ambien, but i hate not being able to remember.

Take 300 mg for a first try, anything more than this might be overwhelming. You can always take more next time, but 300 mg is certainly a recreational and dissociative dose, especially for a first timer.

Take 300 mg for a first try, anything more than this might be overwhelming. You can always take more next time, but 300 mg is certainly a recreational and dissociative dose, especially for a first timer.

Thanks, i think i want to enter the third plateau on my first time. I'm pretty mentally prepared, as Ambien has already put me through hell. Will 300MG give me the desired hallucinations? I'm looking for a very deep experience.

dude you don't want to do DXM it is pure hell ambien is a cake walk compared

Thanks, i think i want to enter the third plateau on my first time. I'm pretty mentally prepared, as Ambien has already put me through hell. Will 300MG give me the desired hallucinations? I'm looking for a very deep experience.

How can you be "mentally prepared" because of Zolpidem? You can't remember anything from Zolpidem, surely? I certainly never could :S

Just so you know, this belongs in the Big & Dandy DXM thread. I'll merge it there at some point if another mod doesn't beat me to it, but you have a chance to reply first :)

mrflowers00, unhelpful comment, please post something useful in future ;)

That's a stupid thing to say. While some majorly dislike DXM, some happen to like it. I happen to like DXM. Maybe he will too?
Seconded. I personally have never had a good experience with it... But I definitely think I could if I wasn't chugging syrup to try it :L
It makes me feel bloated and sick, the last time I tried (my first serious attempt) I ended up forcing myself to throw up (first time I've ever done that too).

Sorry about posting in the wrong section! I'm new to the forum >.<.

Alright, well instead of doing cough syrup, i instead managed to get pills with 30mg dxm in each. I plan on taking a dose of somewhere between 400-550mg.

Ambien for me was pure hell , but at the same time pretty fun. I got prescribed it for insomnia, a lot of my trips i don't remember, the ones i do remember came back to me sometime during the next day, and i really hated remembering the bad trip (i could probably write a report on my zolpidem experience). What i experienced during my bad trips is probably the worst i could ever be put through. Full blown hallucinations, i sat down and i was somewhere else, i got up and i was somewhere else, seeing bugs on the wall, looking through my kitchen floor thinking it was glass, textures on surfaces moving, clouds flying through me,etc.

I'm looking forward to this, hopefully i'll be able to remember it, and i'll write about my experience tomorrow morning. From what i've read off of here, erowid, grasscity,etc, i think i'll have a pretty good time. I should be able to handle it too based on the amount of pills i've taken in the past.

Cheers.