• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

custard, get DXM powder, mayan. The cost is comparable. Do a google search for DXM's CAS number, and you're set. Much better than adding insult-to-injury by drinking crappy syrups. And a scale never hurts, or so I hear :)

And I'll say once again that DXM makes a great antidepressant; recreational, but great (or maybe that's just what the doctor RX'd?). Been doing it for months now at low doses and I still haven't been disappointed, although I am developing a slight tolerance. Also brain zaps, if I don't take DXM for two days... but I was getting those with effexor, too (only it would be a matter of hours before the 'zaps set in).

cannabis, eh? i often smoke while on DXM to enhance the high, but it's never been a very effective anti-nauseant for me.

as for DXM powder.. i have heard of such a thing but i don't know if it would be any better than the form I currently take DXM in. I take the gelcaps, so the nausea I get has nothing to do with drinking the vile syrup, I think it's just my body's reaction to the DXM itself. So would taking the pure powder decrease the nausea? Also how does one obtain/extract the powder? Seems like a lot of effort.. when it's so easy just to swipe a bottle from the neighbourhood drug store.. :p But I am curious. How does the high from the powder compare to syrup/gelcaps? And how do you consume it?

Also exists, be wary of taking DXM on a frequent basis. I did the exact same thing.. took it every other day for about 2-3 months at low doses.. and the buzz/afterglow felt like an antidepressant from the heavens. But eventually my tolerance got higher and higher to the point where I'd have to take more for the same effect, much more frequently, and the afterglows were completely gone.. high faded after a very short time. I haven't taken any for almost 3 weeks now and I'm thinking of dosing some time this week. Guess I'll see then if my tolerance has gone down out all. How long have you been taking it/how often/what dose? If you don't mind me asking.

(also speaking of zaps. I don't get brain zaps (got those when coming off cymbalta though.. yuck.) but now that I'm on a higher dose of Wellbutrin I seem to get "hand seizures" or "spasms" when I take DXM. my friend told me those split second seizures are all of your neurons firing at once, but that it's nothing dangerous. anyone else get those on higher doses? like your hands get an electric shock and you seem to "black out" for a split second?)

Well, the powder is pure dxm, no fillers etc.. You literally buy the powder online just like you do any other research chemical, just have to find a vendor. Then again if you're swiping your bottles you probably don't care to put in this kind of effort.

Popping 40 gelcals with nothing inside of them is, I would imagine, probably enough to upset your stomach. They're certainly better than the syrup I would assume (I cant get gelcaps here in canada). But the less amount of excess useless shit you can consume the better imo. Id mix it in a drink and wash it down.

As far as the wellbutrin thing goes, I can't say anything with any certainty but I'd imagine you shouldn't be doing dxm or other psychedelics while on meds like that..

Buproprion is cyp2d6 inhibitor, and has been known to make DXM really uncomfortable (ymmv). Evidence suggests you may well respond to the DXM like a poor metabolizer.

I'm a little confused by this but I get your point.

I definitely want to stay on the buproprion but would it hurt to give it up for a few days in preparation for the dxm? I've been on it for 3 or 4 months now and haven't tripped on anything since that point.

gel caps are still really tough on the stomach, custard. nasty dyes and a lot of mannitol. i've had gelcaps and powder both (a lot of both, really), and powder is definitely way easier on the stomach.

Id mix it in a drink and wash it down.

DXM is the most vile tasting substance i've ever come across (and i've tasted a lot of weird chemicals). even a tiny bit mixed into a drink turns the entire drink horribly bitter.

DXM is the most vile tasting substance i've ever come across (and i've tasted a lot of weird chemicals). even a tiny bit mixed into a drink turns the entire drink horribly bitter.
No pain no gain.. as shulgin would say you get a better feel for the soul of the chemical this way too, lol :p

I don't know how else youd do it, upwards of a gram or more of dxm powder isnt going to fit inside a zigzag for a parachute and I wouldnt want to muck around. Use as little water as possible and chug chug, washing down with koolaid with half the water added or something else really sweet.

i use 00 size gelcaps. can fit like 500mg in a single one. shouldn't ever need more than three of them.

you can buy empty gel caps at health food stores and vitamin/supplement stores, or just order them online.

So would taking the pure powder decrease the nausea?

Yes!

Also how does one obtain/extract the powder?

Like I said, do a search for DXM's CAS number (125-71-3 for DXM hydrobromide). Weed out the sites that talk about legal highs, and do an additional search to see if a prospective company is legit.

Seems like a lot of effort.. when it's so easy just to swipe a bottle from the neighbourhood drug store.. :p

You won't be able to do that forever.

But I am curious. How does the high from the powder compare to syrup/gelcaps? And how do you consume it?

Well the high comes on a bit differently, probably because syrups contain polyethylene glycol and other shit. It's basically the same high, only without the nausea or other gastrointestinal distress (which makes a big difference really).

I have just been mixing the DXM into water (I used lemon juice to dissolve the DXM last time, since it was in its base form). I then take the DXM water and mix it into powdered soft drinks, like fruit punch or whatever. I seriously can't taste the DXM at all! I just sip the mixture slowly so the DXM comes on nice and smooth. Slow dosing makes DXM more euphoric, and drinking DXM-laden juice is the easiest way I've found to dose myself slowly.

Also exists, be wary of taking DXM on a frequent basis. I did the exact same thing.. took it every other day for about 2-3 months at low doses.. and the buzz/afterglow felt like an antidepressant from the heavens. But eventually my tolerance got higher and higher to the point where I'd have to take more for the same effect, much more frequently, and the afterglows were completely gone.. high faded after a very short time.

Yeah, I know that I'm developing a tolerance, but DXM is the best antidepressant I've ever tried. I am a much better person when I'm high & happy, so it's worth it to me to keep on taking DXM frequently.

How long have you been taking it/how often/what dose? If you don't mind me asking.

I don't mind. I've been taking DXM every other day for about 100 days now. I started out with 40 mg/day, and am currently up to 120 mg/day. But it doesn't take 120 mg to get the same effect as 40 mg; my tolerance isn't that high.

anyone else get those on higher doses? like your hands get an electric shock and you seem to "black out" for a split second?)

Nothing like that, only zaps that travel throughout my body (mainly felt in my tongue) whenever I turn my eyes or head too fast. And like I said before, it happens when I haven't had DXM for a couple of days.

But when I have taken DXM, I'll get what I think is a seizure when falling asleep. Feels like I'm going to die or start uncontrollably twitching or something. I think what is really going on is that when I'm high on DXM and I start to drift off, my mind hasn't gone into "shut down" mode yet, and I'm conscious of my body falling asleep.

I may have asked you this already, but which form of DXM were you working with when you made this observation? Did you extract it yourself?

I truly cannot taste DXM in the beverages I mix it into. If I could, you can be sure I'd be taking it some other way!

BTW, you mentioned mannitol. I wonder if that substance might change the DXM high to a degree? Mannitol is sometimes used to breach the blood brain barrier in order to deliver drugs which would otherwise not be able to cross. But I think they apply mannitol directly to veins inside the brain; I'm not sure it can be used any other way.

99.9% pure DXM Hbr is what i was mixing into a drink when i made that observation. for me its bitter as hell and creates instant cotton mouth.

and yeah i think Mannitol might affect the DXM high, but not nearly as much as if it was injected.

Mannitol is also an Osmotic Diuretic, and it really flushes my system out a lot (#1 and #2, heh).

i did a sucrets extraction once, don't really remember what it tasted like though

^^ there's questions on this very page that have been asked many times before =p

1st dxm trip one 3oz bottle of adult robitussin

Since I have retired from dxm after doing it five times I figured I'd share each one. Anyways My first dxm trip was cool I remember it like it was yesterday.

I had found a 3oz bottle of it last summer so I drank it I mixed it with some sprite and jolly ranchers and then my family decided they wanted to go to the movies so I was happy that I was gonna trip at a movie theater.

So IMA skip to the trip about an hour after I took it I started to doubt it five minutes later I started to feel happy and the movie was more enjoyable.

We were watching expendables 2 by the way. Anyway I got up and my eyes felt like I had smoked some Skywalker og very hazy I felt very light It was effortless to walk thats about all that really happens no nausea and I had popcorn after that I just enjoyed the car ride home no musical euphoria though I slept like a baby right when I got home

So I've been having a problem with DXM, fellow drug enthusiasts. (Probably not surprising, since I've been taking it every other day for a while now.)

Earlier I mentioned that

I'll get what I think is a seizure when falling asleep. Feels like I'm going to die or start uncontrollably twitching or something.

This has been happening like clockwork every time I dose, and has been going on for a couple of weeks now. I am prescribed mirtazapine for depression (not sure it really helps) and I take that right before bedtime, along with melatonin and sometimes diphenhydramine and/or cannabis. On my DXM days, I'll usually take 120 mg along with 1200 mg gabapentin spread throughout the course of the day.

I'll try to describe in detail what it is I've been experiencing: As I'm just drifting off to sleep, I'll suddenly jerk back awake with a start. Sometimes this is accompanied by a leg kick, sometimes not. Often I'll be very disoriented/confused upon awakening, and if I don't move my body around it will feel as if I'm in danger of going into a full-on seizure. I usually remain semi-vigilant until I can fall asleep normally.

This sounds like myoclonus, right? I've had myoclonus sporadically throughout my lifetime, but it never felt as serious as what I've been going through lately (and never lasted any length of time after awakening).

Perhaps this is sleep paralysis? I've had SP many, many times, but it was always upon awakening (usually in the morning), so I cannot compare the the type of sleep paralysis I've had to what is going on currently.

Long shot: maybe it's serotonin syndrome, since both mirtazapine and DXM have been known to cause SS?

Or maybe I just fried my brain!

Whatever it is, it feels potentially fatal, though I do realize subjective feelings do not equal reality. So what do you think it could be? Should I just go with it?

I'd really like to keep taking DXM, since it's the best antidepressant I've tried. I have already begun the tapering process to get me to a lower dosage. I might score some MXE and take that for a while.