• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

Does anyone have any idea how long the background tolerance of DXM lasts, or how to reduce it? I've found that I can barely trip off of 600mg now after not using it for months, but mixing it with a bit of diphenhydramine hcl seems to do the trick for me at doses as low as 300mg.

what form of DXM do you use?

i used to barely trip off of 600mg. for the last 8 months or so i've stuck to 300mg doses, and now when i bump it up to 600mg it gets fairly intense. i think the repeated low doses have softened up my brain towards accepting the bigger doses. not sure.

i haven't gone above 600mg in 9 months to a year, but i'm fairly sure that a 900mg would kick my ass rightly now... whereas 2 years ago i could dose 1200mg and drive a car and talk to a cop and he wouldn't suspect a thing...

Dissociative tolerance is well known for being near-permanent. How many months have you had a break for?

Took DXM. Feeling very nauseous. help needed!

About and hour and a half ago I took around 250mg of dxm in syrup. At the moment I'm feeling really dizzy and nauseous. I probably could throw up if I really wanted to but id rather not. Will this nausea pass in time? As far as I'm concerned this is horrible and I just want it to go away and start feeling the good effects of dxm. Should I just sit tight and wait for this feeling to pass? Thanks.

if you start to feel the effects then just go throw up, you'll feel much better, since the DXM has likely absorbed already you won't ruin your trip or anything. I generally wait till 2 hours, if i'm still that sick i'll say fuck it and throw up. If you have any ginger around, eat some, it'll help, as well as smoking cannabis.

carbonated beverages may also help though could make things worse.

Some nausea during the come up with lower plateaux doses with syrup is pretty normal IME, and it'll pass soon enough.

I would usually take 600 mg and almost every time feel nauseous for a while starting at about 30mins after ingestion or right before the drug kicks in. Couple of times this lead to vomiting but other times it just went away and I would never feel nauseous during the trip itself. From what I've understood nausea is very common with DXM so it's nothing to worry about. :)

I feel nautious from the syrup constantly. Best thing to do, take like Diphenhydramine or after an hour or two just throw up. Its not like even a full vomit, you just puke up foam and syrup remains. You feel tons better after.

Try smoking some weed, Some ginger ale (make sure it has real ginger in it), or some benadryl.

@thenightwatch: Yeah, 900mg with a bit of DPH gives me the nice closed-eyed visuals.

@Transform: The longest break I've ever had in recent times was two months.

Last edited by a moderator:
So are you guys getting nauseous from pure DXM powder as well? I used to always either upchuck or get diarrhea from syrups, but have had no such things happen with the powder. It's nice to know that not every DXM experience has to GI distress ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the powder to cause plenty of stomach discomfort. Cannabis can be effective but obviously smoking before the peak can lead to a much more intense experience than one is expecting.

Will I die
If I take 300mgs dxm
after having a few drinks
And 5mg ritalin at 8 hours ago?

I don't remember how many I had... I think 5. That was NOT my best choice ever. xp I should also mention I only weigh a hundred pounds. Well, now I know.