• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

DXM sensitivity

Is there anyone here who is sensitive to DXM yet experienced with the substance? I have taken it twice, and plan to take it again, even though I seem to be one of the sensitive ones. There isn't much information on the subject, only people mentioning the enzyme deficiency. There's nothing about how safe it is to take in these circumstances or how the effects vary by dosage.

This sensitivity transforms DXM into a completely different drug, that's why I'm looking for more information about it. Personal experiences and useful tips are welcome. :)

well .. u get a bottle [or two] of robatussin capsules from the drug store -snip- No price discussion ;) ~Jesusgreen .. ask god how many to drop .. [ 20/bottle = 300 mg ] .. trip and walk on tha moon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to enjoy it when I was younger. I used to drink bottles of cough syrup, until after a few trips, the taste of cough syrup made me retch. I should probably get some powder one of these days, but lately, I've been finding dissociatives quite unpleasant. DXM is worth a try though, if you haven't.

What is this dxm? Never heard of it.

Dextromethorphan. It's usually used to reduce coughing. At high doses it's a dissociative hallucinogen. At high doses it can also cause sweating, fever, shallow breathing, diarrhea, and spasms.

Eh.... I enjoyed it at first but I was on zoloft and left confused most of the time. Walking with your friend asking what day it is over and over again is never good. I'm surprised I didn't die on that shit.... cause I swear I got so overheated on dxm and I was walking in snow. I wonder how it would be now that I'm off my medications. Well not really. All it did was make me feel stupid and I'm sure it still will.

And I know never mix dxm with an ssri but I was being stupid and did.

na i never had itchy type shit [like u might imagine] .. you feel weightless , , also , its worth noting .. while on something like shrooms if u have even the slightest hint of a bad trip - the whole thing might be considered a bad trip .. with dxm even if u have one worrying thought , the overall trip is always good [in my exp] .. only thing to watch out for is authority otherwise youre gud

i feel like these ppl arent talking about the same shit as me

its weird how the radio is playing a song with a chorus of "dont wake me up"

Dextromethorphan. It's usually used to reduce coughing. At high doses it's a dissociative hallucinogen. At high doses it can also cause sweating, fever, shallow breathing, diarrhea, and spasms.

You dont say.

-bump-

would i use it if it caused " sweating, fever, shallow breathing, diarrhea, and spasms. "

visions ......

It basically means you trip harder and way longer on smaller doses, so it just means you need to be more careful than most with your dosages.

are you smoking cannabis with your trips by any chance? keep in mind that a lot of DXM reports online are of people combining with weed. 600mg + weed is as intense as 900mg w/o, really.

900mg + too much weed was one of the most intense experiences of my life

I tried the grapefruit juice + dxm combo today. First time I've ever thrown up on dxm in my life. Was this just a coincidence, or is there something about the reaction that might have caused this?

DXM Question

So I weigh 250+ and I have done DXM. I wanted to know how true the mg/kg dosage was. I have gotten effects off of as little as 150 mg of dex and my latest endeavor was 700mg. The two times I've done 700 I hit the third plateau. I've only recently looked at mg/kg chart and noticed maybe my experiences shouldn't have been as strong as they were according to the chart. I do have naturally low tolerances for weed, alcohol, and LSA. Could that be the case with DXM? I'm also going to attempt a little over 1000 mg tomorrow if anyone has any pointers lol

10% of people have enzyme deficiency that results in significantly stronger experiences from the same dose. There are ethnic groups that show different statistics than 10% though, apparently.

Perhaps you are one of these people, but IIRC 700 mg would be incredibly tough for an enzyme deficient person so unless you are dissociative tolerant maybe you are just a regular hardhead.

Yeah I don't think I'm one of the people. Maybe it just felt strong because I'm new to it and don't know it's full effects.

Just posted a thread asking the same question. I seem to be sensitive to most things and dex isn't different. My weight doesn't seem to effect me dosage-wise compared to everyone else.

stormcharger said:
It basically means you trip harder and way longer on smaller doses, so it just means you need to be more careful than most with your dosages.

This.

Though from the accounts I've read, the drug is especially unpopular among these people, but if you're careful things might work out well.

thisperson said:
The two times I've done 700 I hit the third plateau.

That's perfectly normal, before I had any dissociative tolerance that would happen to me too (now it just leaves me disappointed, will have to try an extraction some time so I can actually get down more than 720mg). The mg/kg dosing tables aren't infallible, it's just a useful guideline for most people.