• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Diphenhydramine (400 mg) - Exp. - Deliriants and horror movies, hypnotic and intense!

SpiceHead

Greenlighter
Hi, everyone! Before I get to the report, let me give you a little background info: I have been experimenting with various drugs for about two years. I've really grown to like diphenhydramine (Benadryl) in particular. I've used it in varying dosages around 10+ times in the past, each time teaching me a little more about this sinister substance.

Anyway, it was my friend's birthday (we'll call him "T"). He called me up and invited me to go to the movies with him. While in the car, T and I settled on seeing the new Paranormal Activity 3 film (I hadn't seen the other two, but oh well). We then tossed about the idea of picking up some kind of drug to make the movie a little more fun. We decided we'd return to our old friend, diph. (note: we were both moderately tolerant at the time).

We pulled up to the local pharmacy and picked up some generic, chalky, white pills for some pocket change. There were sixty pills, 25 mg of diph each. On the way to the movie theater, we each took 300 mg. The pills were so chalky, they momentarily got stuck in the back of my throat. I swear, I could've drawn a picture on the sidewalk with these things. Gross. We arrived at the theater and bought tickets, no effects yet. After we got some popcorn, took our seats, and waited for the movie to start, it began kicking in. The familiar "slow motion" effect occurred. When this happens, you can't help but move roughly a third of the pace you normally would. I noticed this most when I tried to reach for my drink. I asked T if he felt it, and he said "yeah" enthusiastically. We both agreed, however, that we wanted a bit more out of the experience - so we each popped another four pills, for a total of 400 mg.

In about 20 minutes or so, things got fun. Being the hypnotic sedative that it is, I got completely immersed in the movie. I'd stare at one tiny portion of the screen, then realize it after about 10 seconds, and force myself to look at a different part of the screen. Even moving my eyes was a task. That is, until I would hallucinate weird sounds to the side of me. I kept hearing odd voices and strange banging noises to my right. I would quickly peer over, then ask T if he heard the same thing I did. "You're trippin' out", he told me with a laugh.

One thing that diph always does is make my limbs feel as though there are sandbags tied to them, or as if Earth suddenly had 3x the amount of gravity. I got up to go pee and nearly stumbled over! Every stair-step I walked down, I would feel how intensely heavy I felt. When I got outside our theater, I noticed how harsh and "real" everything looked. Some drugs make things look hazy and distant, diph does the opposite. The patterns on the carpet were very "in-my-face", in a crude sort of way. In the bathroom, I looked in the mirror and my pupils were HUGE, and the area around my eye was a dark reddish-purple. Without realizing it, I kept making a face as though I had just smoked something nasty. Me and T call this "diph face". I looked much scarier than anything in the movie. I whipped out my weenie and it was about the size of a pill capsule. This is one of the less fun side-effects of diph; D-shrink. I returned to the theater, took my seat and I had the most realistic auditory hallucination to date:

The scene in the movie showed people in a kitchen. I heard, as though it was in the movie, a truck pull into a driveway. I heard the engine revving, the sound of gravel under the tires, even the key turning and the engine shutting off. At the time, I thought they were implying someone arrived at the house, and I'd soon see them enter. Nope. Realizing now that these sound effects had NOTHING to do with what was going on, I described what I heard to T. He just started laughing and told me how fucked up I was.

After the movie was over, we called T's brother for a ride. He dropped me off back at my house, and something REALLY creepy happened. Everything sounded detuned, as if you had taken the pitch and turned it down a little. My dad's voice sounded low and distorted, deep and sinister. I went into my room and played some piano. It sounded creepy and heartless. Each note still sounded detuned, so I decided to stop playing and just go to sleep. Ironically, sleeping was impossible at first, although I did have tons of CEV's that were 100% vivid, as though I was dreaming. Each hallucination would last about 10-20 seconds, then I'd snap out of it, and fall into a new one. A few times, I'd hear random banging on the wall, and my fan sounded like a bunch of voices murmuring to themselves - that one was pretty cool. Eventually I drifted off, and I woke up the next day with no residuals/hangover, except maybe the slightest bit of tiredness for the first couple hours (which might just attributed to me not being a morning person).

All-in-all I'd recommend taking diph while watching any kind of movie (except maybe comedy). You get way more immersed, everything is way more "real", and you even get to experience things in the movie that no one else does. If you are new to diph-tripping, I'd start with maybe 150-200 mg. 400 mg is a great moderate dose, but might sketch you out way too much if you aren't used to handling it. Happy tripping!

Tagged by devilsgospel
substancecode_diphenhydramine
substancecode_deliriants
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man I really liked reading this. Most people hate diphen for some reason. I mean, it's not especially euphoric (compared to my favs amphetamine, ambien, heroin (tho any strong opiate will do in a pinch) and the inimitable DXM), but I personally enjoy seeing how far I can push myself and my mind. CHeers!

BTW just ate 500mg myself :)

This sounds a little crazy. I take 200-400mg routinely and it has never done anything other that help with my sinuses. Last week I took 600mg in the hope it would help me sleep, which it didn't. I don't take it very often (when I say routinely I mean 4-5 times a month) so it's not a tolerance thing. Do people really get high from diphenhydramine?

They get delirious. As in, can not tell what is a hallucination or what is not. It is a delirient in high doses and is not recommended for the average recreational druggie.