• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2011-2012 college football thread v. SEC circle jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.
chickenscratch took a bunch of mushrooms at half time, can you tell?

tumblr_mb52kk8ykz1qc7tbvo1_500.jpg

High life and shrooms, deadly combo.

Fresno State overcame a 14 point first quarter defecit to beat SD State last night. Wish I could have gone, they scored 52 points and Derek Carr threw for 500+ yards, plus it was homecoming....... fucking work. At least I get Sundays off.

lol, I remember the last time an SEC team shut your dumb first-year-fan ass up. Ducks wont make it to the big show this year.

first year fan? i've been following college football and the ducks since i moved to eugene in 06-07. i realize that's not too long compared to all you elitist college football connoisseurs... my music was always a lot more important to me than sports. *edit* oh yeah.. and beating us by a field goal in the final minutes of the national championship didn't really show oregon fans how spectacularly superior auburn was over us.. sorry.
by the way...
how would the game have turned out had the refs not been blind...? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_U8An333hc
or maybe newton shared his illegal pay with the refs???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=3n9LgGf_Iko

^^ he's only got like 60 posts so i went back and looked through them, looking for when oregon lost to auburn and to LSU found myself in a timesink reliving all those terrible/amazing football moments, meeting chickenscratch for the first time and all the blow, jim being an insufferable wanker about terelle pyror, ryan mallet and arkansas, will muschamp to florida and the big 10 losing 5 bowl games in a single day -- tressel van alden, care wandering into the thread and being amazed at everyone getting "worked up over b rate football" as we talked about the iron bowl!

what a year. this year looks extremely boring in comparison. or maybe it's because we're missing some retards to beat up.
yeah, only 60 posts, because i've been strung-out, travelling, and playing music for the past couple years. sorry i have a life outside of bluelight forums..

Last edited:
sorry for the multiple posts, but i have one more video. cliff harris interception
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=A6zOwAZfVww
if this play would've been called correctly it would've made the QB stats look like this:
CP/AT YDS TD INT
Newton 20/34 265 2 2
Thomas 27/40 363 2 2

this shows Thomas (who didn't even get drafted) with 1 less incomplete and 98 more passing yards than Heisman winner/ overall no. 1 draft pick Cam Newton.. also, Thomas was a SOPH and Newton was a 5th year senior.

definitely makes me wonder with these three terrible, game-changing calls, who would've won had the game been called correctly?

as for LSU.. we lost that game fair and square... but give us credit.. who else schedules games like this? the SEC almost entirely (aside from LSU-UO last year and maybe Bama-Mich this year) schedules tough OOC games? Oregon had Kansas State scheduled this year but they backed out scared. unlike the SEC cupcake OOC schedules... Oregon has lined up games with Michigan State, Texas A&M, and Tennessee in the next few years, while Kansas State and Georgia have both backed out on already arranged Home for Home games with Oregon.. this is the reason for Oregon's cupcake schedule this year.. TTU was the only team that had an open spot and would take the Oregon game after KSU backed out.

Last edited:
its cute that you assume that's he's being sarcastic, on a DRUG FORUM.

The SEC generally doesn't schedule tough OOC games, because our conference schedule is generally tough, insofar as winning the conference is enough to get you to the NC without a statement win against an OOC opponent.

As for the AU-OU NC— Auburn pushed oregon around for 60 minutes. Oregon, to their credit, got great milage out of trick plays and fake punts— you gotta do what you gotta do, and its a big game— but lets be real... the Blur offense didn't work, the spread offense got penetrated relentlessly by a big fast defense, and the oregon secondary left auburn receivers uncovered pretty regularly. That game could have easily looked as nasty as the LSU-OU game the following year.

its cute that you assume that's he's being sarcastic, on a DRUG FORUM.
I guess being flamed immediately kinda put me on the defensive.

The SEC generally doesn't schedule tough OOC games, because our conference schedule is generally tough, insofar as winning the conference is enough to get you to the NC without a statement win against an OOC opponent.
the thing other conferences don't understand about the PAC is that in this conference, any team has a good chance of beating any other team. as you can see by the stanford-usc upset, the washington-stanford upset, utah almost beating usc last year, etc. etc. so if you can get by each team without a loss, it's quite the accomplishment. you have to be prepared for each game and take each game as seriously as a title or bowl game. you'll probably say the same thing about the sec, you'd have to have been a part of the pac10 more than seeing a few primetime games to understand i think..

As for the AU-OU NC— Auburn pushed oregon around for 60 minutes. Oregon, to their credit, got great milage out of trick plays and fake punts— you gotta do what you gotta do, and its a big game— but lets be real... the Blur offense didn't work, the spread offense got penetrated relentlessly by a big fast defense, and the oregon secondary left auburn receivers uncovered pretty regularly. That game could have easily looked as nasty as the LSU-OU game the following year.
you said nothing about the three terrible calls that you can clearly see were bad calls in the videos... even with the 3 calls.. which were ALL game-changing.. AU still only won by a field goal in the last seconds of the game. I won't deny Auburn's large SEC Defense and RB pushed Oregon around, but trick plays and fake punts are a part of UO's so-called "blur" offense, (which is really just your average up-tempo, no-huddle, play-option spread offense, just done extremely well by genius offensive mind Chip Kelly)
so we still almost beat them using our usual scheme, and would've beat them if the refs hadn't been paid off by cecil newton. haha ok just kidding about that last part.. but seriously. if the refs got those plays right, oregon would've easily taken the crystal football.

Last edited:
I know I'm late to the party because I just came back from an all weekend burn, but holy fuck Arkansas just keeps getting worse. 58-10....are you serious? If we lose to them on Saturday I might just have to kill myself.

Well our defense finally decided to show up, and we would have won if Bray's dumbass hadn't muffed that punt. I do have a good feeling about the Arkansas game, but with Frazier starting at QB anything could happen (another 5 turnover game wouldn't surprise me).

so we still almost beat them using our usual scheme, and would've beat them if the refs hadn't been paid off by cecil newton. haha ok just kidding about that last part.. but seriously. if the refs got those plays right, oregon would've easily taken the crystal football.

so oregon didn't win because THE SEC CHEATS. or if all the calls had gone your way you would have won. then you really weren't the better team then, were you, if you couldn't over come that?

I guess being flamed immediately kinda put me on the defensive.

you do it to yourself bro

i've got free tickets to a beer fest this weekend and Pander Bear is working all day, so most likely the only game i'm going to catch tomorrow is the big Georgia Sa'Carolina game at 7pm. This time, on our nice big high def tv and without the creeper Florida fan that went along with the UGA - UT game last week at Chicken's house. Maybe I'll sneak away around 4:30 to hopefully watch LSU beat up Florida.

so oregon didn't win because THE SEC CHEATS.
i said i was kidding..?
or if all the calls had gone your way you would have won.
no, if those plays had been called correctly. watch the videos and then tell me they weren't muffed.
then you really weren't the better team then, were you, if you couldn't over come that?
it took at least 3 very badly muffed calls for them to beat us, even with the No 1. overall draft pick/Heisman winner on the roster. how does that make them the better team?? they beat us by a field goal with 3 seconds left on the clock. their defense walked all over us, and the score was still tied for most of the 4th.

you obviously know how to use multiquote, why don't you use it?

if i lose to florida right now all i'm going to be thinking about is CS' gross friend touching my face and whispering in my ear and how disgusting he is and how that's all i can think about when i see florida for the rest of my life.

aaaaand it happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.