AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2011-2012 college football thread v. SEC circle jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you retarded?

btw - Neyland's capacity is 102, 000

Ohio Stadium's capacity is the 102, 000 mark (although we both know they stuff in an extra couple 1,000, and many people don't know that they also count stadium workers such as security, vendors, etc when counting capacity)

so you're wrong on that one (sources: wikipedia)

and I dunno man, I've heard that even the student section at Neyland doesn't stay around for the 4th quarter. I can't say I blame em...

Well in the past they didnt really need to stay around in the 4th when florida was up 55-3 or some shit but now they just leave cause well florida sucks ass this year. Cant wait for LSU vs ARK wooooo pig sooooiiiieeee!

btw - Neyland's capacity is 102, 000

Ohio Stadium's capacity is the 102, 000 mark (although we both know they stuff in an extra couple 1,000, and many people don't know that they also count stadium workers such as security, vendors, etc when counting capacity)

so you're wrong on that one (sources: wikipedia)

and I dunno man, I've heard that even the student section at Neyland doesn't stay around for the 4th quarter. I can't say I blame em...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_football_stadiums_by_capacity

Current listImage Stadium Capacity City State/Province Home teams Refs
Michigan Stadium 109,901 Ann Arbor Michigan Michigan Wolverines [1]
Beaver Stadium 106,572 University Park Pennsylvania Penn State Nittany Lions [2]
Neyland Stadium 102,455 Knoxville Tennessee Tennessee Volunteers [3]
Ohio Stadium 102,329 Columbus Ohio Ohio State Buckeyes [4]

yea, when we're getting the dog shit kicked out of us in the 4th quarter like pretty much every game this year, people leave. but you're crazy to think anyone leaves a good game. that place is insane. i have no idea where you're getting your information.

this exchange is exactly why I luv my conference and hate the big ten, chicken. ;)

i mean, i don't give a fuck if we play in a shoebox, but the facts are the facts.

and neyland held 107k until the renovation.

but for axl to come in here and say "i've heard that people leave in the 4th"....that really just kind of bugs me. you know what dude, i've heard that asian chicks have sideways pussys and that you can dig your way to china.

well at least you're not UGA or Florida. they probably only house like 80, 90k. that's high school where I'm from ;) tOSU's average I believe is like 105k, but whatever. don't get sore about it, CS. Tennessee fans are known to be some of the best in the SEC. you do pack that stadium with enthusiasm, but it's even more impressive due to your best years being behind you - there? you ain't mad now?

12631_966567498945_12422491_52623562_4721708_n.jpg

what a great day to be a Buckeye. Urban Meyer's hard-on for my school is at peak bulging levels, and he has pretty much been rumored to accept a head coaching bid here. welcome home Urbz, welcome to your "dream job." I hope you don't die. I firmly believe that tOSU is a Val Halla of sorts for college footbaw. you can get a job as good, but not a job better than here. sure, I give mad respect and props to institutions like Alabama, which is for sure on the same type of level

ESPiN announced days ago that Urbz will not be in the commentating booth as previously planned for The Game

poor guy prolly didn't want to be drilled by Buckeyes questions, and why he has been being a shade of Scarlet & Grey

FUCK MICHIGAN! ANN ARBOR IS A WHORE!!

where is smotpoker when ya need him? SP, if you're reading this, can you please give me an "I-O???"

UGA's stadium holds around 98k. That's about where the swamp and death valley are.

Quality over quantity, and ya ;), they're all in the top ten, IIRC.

This is the week when UGA pushes its nerdy neighbor in Atlanta down for another year. God do I hate Tech fans. I think the relationship is somewhat like the way OSU fans feel about Michigan fans.

I could see that relationship. tbh I think Georgia Tech fans are steaming piles of lame nerds as well. it's totally not fair that GT gets to represent such a kewl city as the ATL. at least Athens is just as kewl, but obviously in a very different vibe

lately it's been back to tOSU fans as being rabid and crazy fans. but they can be sophomoric and brutish, but charmingly funny in only that "we-were-all-21-years-old-at-one-time" type of way. Michigan fans are lucky they get to rep such a storied history, but you're right in the fact that they're SO LAME. almost like Notre Dame fans, they take up a good amount of people, but they all sit on those comfy-faggoty chairs that they bring into the stadium. and they are more akin to golf clap than to actually bro out. it's nice that they can drink a good pinot noir while watching the game, but THAT'S not what the NCAA is about and we all know that as more true footbaw fans

that whole segment above didn't consider Walmart Wolverines, who have never stepped foot in Ann Arbor. they are a whole other level of fail

Denard Robinson is such a retard that he got his nick-name, Shoe Lace, because he couldn't even tie his own fucking shoe. he might look like the Lil Wayne of college, but come on dude, learn to at least do some bunny ears. and when he finally gets to the level of bunny ears, we can rename him to Bunny Ears

I wonder how many tOSU Frat Bros did partake in smoking some herb in honor Urbz ;)

725053.jpg

apparently that is how Urbz's daughter looks like. now I see why he has made such a point to say that he needed time off from his coaching duties so he could watch his kids play sports :3

At least michigan fans are playing for the same honors, and the same opponents. UGA gets done either beating Tennessee, Florida and Auburn, or gets done being beaten by them, and then has to endure a week of shit talking from people for whom this is THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON, when for UGA, their fate is already settled, for better or for worse. With other SEC schools, there's a loathing of the other fans, disliking certain things about the other fans, but there is a healthy respect for other good programs. GT plays a comical style of football, their fans have spent their whole lives hating the kinds of people they think go to SEC schools, and since they're rarely in the running for ACC honors, and because even when the dawgs suck and the jackets are good, they're the second program in the state, this game casts a pathetically large shadow on their campus.

Fuck them— fuck their option football. Fuck them for believing those statuesque athletic people playing for them are any more qualified than our statuesque athletic people. Fuck their retarded old car. Fuck their shitty campus. Fuck their 5 ugly coeds. Fuck their dumb mascot they voted to the top of some dumb web poll the same way Ron Paul coasts to victory online at the end of a debate. Fuck Paul Johnson's cracker ass. Fuck techies for believing that Ole Miss would ever take his one-dimensional ass— he'd just get turned out relentlessly by more than half of the conference. Fuck Clemson and Tech playing for a conference championship the week after getting beaten by USC and UGA. Fuck having most of your school's cheers built around hating my school. and fuck producing class after class of socially stunted, inarticulate drones wearing white and gold.

there, I'm done.

brush.gif

lets get this shit over with.

no I completely agree and I endorse your bad-ass GT melt

it'd be like Notre Dame trying to say they are tOSU's rivals. while the Big Ten is down this year and it might not be as domineering as the SEC gauntlet, it's still damn difficult for other teams to play Wisco, tOSU, Neb, MSU, week in and week out. while GT plays in the ACC and Notre Dame has oh-such-heated contests against Boston College! oh my!

GT is just a gnat on UGA the 29th's pimply ass. at least Michigan has some clout via their "storied' past

every year - "BOMB ANN ARBOR NOW!"

Last edited:
speaking of Uga's pimply ass:

NY Times— Can the Bulldog be Saved?

mag-27bulldog-uga-popup.jpg

A good read about how the breed is quickly (over say, 40 years) becoming the poster child for unsound, inhumane breeding practices, spurred chiefly by the public face of the breed, Uga. Its terribly sad, and no animal lover, least of all Sonny Seiler, Uga's owner, can abide what these dogs have to live through. Uga is sacrosanct though, and though currently we have a nice stand-in (russ), there will soon be another gasping, fat, all-white Uga to take his place and then die prematurely from on of the litany of chronic conditions affecting bulldogs.

I want them to change their mascot to an American bulldog, or a pitbull. ;)

our neighbor Ned is a normal, baptist, cycling, geologist man with a three legged dog, who happened to go to Georgia Tech. they aren't all terrible. he now tells the state when to tell us when our soil has too much toxic shit in it. he's a great neighbor. he plays the trombone.i feel like i have to say that because not all georgia tech fans are shit... most of the time. but, he doesn't give two shits about football. so maybe this isn't the person to offer as a case study.

yeah. it's soo lame to generalize, and I suspect one would never witness the likes of you, PB and me stereotype too much. but eh, such breaking of societal mores are allowed in the world of NCAA sports ;)

fwiw - I have a neighbor who lives two flats down in my complex who has a car and apt window decked out in GT Yellow Jackets "swag." but he is older, and a bit creepy. my next door neighbor, who moved out a couple months ago, assured me that he's lived next to him his whole like 6 years together at our flat, and that this GT guy is very creepy. GT guy doesn't have a roommate but he has tons of dogs that he apparently yells and screams at all hours of the morning long. apparently, I've never witnessed this myself

we've won the last nine of ten, so the only thing funny here is the haterade you sip because the dawgs are booking rooms in atlanta two weekends in a row. thanks for falling down, cocky. <3

it's strange but spaceyourbass is right, GT usually gives UGA a good game. UGA wins, mostly, but I'm still surprised to see GT perform effectively

now for the more serious game ;)

LSU vs Arkansas, today, at 2:30.

Arkansas has better offense than us. and i bet they are just as hungry. they are always seemingly overlooked in our division because they have the misfortune of belonging to the same one as LSU and Alabama. i think it will be a great game. my fam back in hog country i'm sure are getting an earful.

Arkansas can win if they can keep up the offensive attack. They were playing Alabama hard until an interception and quick score, after which they sputtered.

Status
Not open for further replies.