• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom for Withdrawal - Just a Few Questions if You Will

King J

Bluelighter
I have seen the Kratom thread but I still cannot see adequate answers for this. Is Kratom effective for opiate withdrawal and will it take 100% of the withdrawal away? What is the common dosage like and how long does it last? What is the best way to take it? Orally right? I have 100 gel capsules of them coming and I just want to have a brief thread up for people so people can know if it actually does work, if it does help, and the common dosage to take. Can you feel euphoria similar to Morphine? I keep reading conflicting statements and it's really hard to research this. I've invested hundreds of dollars into it to help me with H and pain medication withdrawals and I'm scared if I made a mistake; I'm still waiting for it all to arrive, and I don't even know how to take it.

Kratom interests me a lot because I've read a lot of success stories. Then again though, I read about people succeeding with DXM on opiophile or whatever that site is and I got the wrong kind (kind with the 200mg of Guaifensin in it) and started puking it all out after the second sip of it.

I've also tried Clonodine to help alleviate withdrawal symptoms and I guess it's a hit and miss. I have the 0.2mg transdermal patch, I even tried putting on 2 at once. They are supposed to last a week. It doesn't help for me.

I'm tired of getting in trouble when I run out of pain medication and going to the hood to get D (H). It's to the point now that I've researched a lot about the legal things that can help and through reading it just seems Kratom is like the "ultimate" solution though there are no specific details about how to take it, if it actually works or is a hit and miss, and comparatively-speaking what it's similar too in feeling.

I would just appreciate for some honest answers to my questions. I know this isn't a forum about specific help questions for individuals so I am trying to make this as brief yet as specific as possible to those who might still have the same questions I do about it.

How many mgs have the capsules? What strain of Kratom? You must be sure that you get a good sedating Kratom strain (high 7OHMIT content).

If you're adictted to H, don't expect to get high on Kratom. Anyway, an high dose will minimize the withdraw.

It will minimize it but you will still have some w/ds. That said, I believe the Bali Kratom strain is what you want and if you have any or can get any benzos, they will help greatly.

Is Kratom effective for opiate withdrawal and will it take 100% of the withdrawal away? What is the common dosage like and how long does it last? What is the best way to take it? Orally right? I have 100 gel capsules of them coming and I just want to have a brief thread up for people so people can know if it actually does work, if it does help, and the common dosage to take. Can you feel euphoria similar to Morphine?

1. Yes, it's not going to take 100% of the w/d waway because it's not a strong and pure opioid agonist like morphine, it's more like detoxing with codeine and caffeine.
2. Common dosage is between 3 and 8 grams of powdered leaf for most people - capsules and extract are usualyly nowhere near as effective, and some people find they may need even more to get "good" effects.
3. A dose lasts something like 4 to 6 hours.
4. Eat the kratom, either in a tea or "toss and wash".
5. Being an opioid agonist, there is definitely euphoria similar to morphine, but it is nowhere as sedating, itchy or strongly euphoric and is closer to a light buzz with stimulating effects on the side.

Kratom is very hit and miss because it doesn't provide a "true" opioid experience, it tastes like crap, and a lot of the commercial products are not as effective as fresh leaf. But lots of people use it anyway as a substitute for opioids and as a recreational drug, so maybe it'll work for you.

Kratom is absolutely incredible. You will love it! It will save your life.

First of all, let us know what strain of kratom you bought, if you bought a plain leaf or an extract. Don't tell us where you got it though, no sourcing allowed. Depending on the strain you have, you can get more euphoric, pain killing effects, or you could get more stimulating, awakening effects. Bali strains (my fav) are more euphoric, comforting, analgesic, and my guess is that bali would be the best at relieving w/d symptoms. A strain like Thai Maeng Da is going to be very stimulating, almost amphetamine like however you don't really get much euphoria, not nearly as much as the bali blanket. The way to go is to mix-and-match strains depending on what you have planned for the day ahead.

A day of socializing? I'd say mostly bali with a touch of MD.
A day of relaxing? Nothin' but bali.
A day of studying? Mostly TMD with some bali to take the edge off.
A day of manual labor? Half and half.

Don't make the mistake of thinking this legal powdered leaf you can order from the internet is going to give morphine-like effects, that just will disappoint you and make you feel like you wasted money. However, if you take kratom for what it is, it will amaze you. It's forgiving nature and extremely low-addictive-potential make it my prime choice OVER opiates. Yes, I like kratom BETTER than oxy. Kratom has very unique effects and a unique method of action, thus producing effects not exactly like that of traditional opiates. I find kratom to be far more stimulating and also has this empathetic side to it that is only rivaled by MDMA.

Here's a comparison:

On oxycodone, all I want to do is lay down and nod out, don't talk to me, don't ask me for anything, don't expect anything from me, I'm going to be a useless bump on a log for the next few hours. I feel great , but not 'fulfilled', I always want just a little bit more. I also dread thinking about when it will wear off.

However on kratom, I know it's starting to kick in because I usually start cleaning my house like a mad man, chatting my roommate's ears off, buzzing around the place in a very comfortably-speedy way. Music sounds great, playing music is even greater, my focus is sharpened, brain fog lifted, and my outlook on the future becomes extremely positive. I also have no fear of the come down, because there isn't one. It also lasts much longer than oxy too. On top of all this, it's much, MUCH healthier for you than synthetic opiates.

I don't want to upset you, but the capsules you bought may not be the best product. The absolute best thing you can do is find the cheapest commercial bali in powdered leaf form, no extracts, no tinctures, no capsules, no resins, ONLY plain leaf. If you already have a high opiate tolerance but not a high kratom tolerance (there is a difference), then I recommend ~6g of powdered, plain leaf, thoroughly mixed into orange juice and chugged all at once. It will be GROSS, but you'll get used to it especially when you see how awesome the kratom works this way. Chances are, if you have a good bali plain leaf, you will get some level of euphoria. It may not be as strong as the morphine euphoria you remember, but once you get used to the kratom euphoria, it's very satisfying.

Good luck! I think you're going to enjoy kratom.

^ Wow, very informative post. Thank you. I'm sure a lot of people will get some useful information and insight out of this.

I've purchased a variety of Kratom. The one that came in the mail today is a 25g variety pack. I know I've bought Super Premium Indonesian - that's the one coming in the capsules form - and I'm pretty sure that I've purchased Bali as well coming in the mail. So we'll see I guess..

I was thinking of combining Kratom with Diphenhydramine and Loperamide, both legal and OTC in the US. The Diphenhydramine I would think would possibly potentiate (since according to Wikipedia it's a opiate enhancer) the Kratom as well as help with any anxiety or mental cravings and help me sleep as well as a sedative/anti-anxiety med that's NOT a benzo. The Loperamide would be because it catches some opioid receptors in the intestines in which I think is REALLY IMPORTANT for a successful withdrawal/detox since you have stomach cramping, you can have nausea, etc from your stomach actually being in the state of opioid withdrawal. It also helps go to the bathroom from what I read. :) Now I just have to see what stores have it OTC..

Any recommendations for combining Kratom with anything, or does my combo idea seem well?

Kratom helps with withdrawal but you need to redose regularly as it has a short half life. Personally for early mild withdrawals I have found a higher than prescribed dose of Pregablin (lyrica) I should have suffering, but I was buzzing and in a really good mood.