• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

25F-NBOMe

blowjay

Bluelighter
There seems to be only 2 search results in google even mentioning this compound. This compound has to have been considered at one point or another and I am curious as to any information relating to it. While there is no great amount of data on 2C-F or DOF I would like to think that 25F-NBOMe could potentially be of interest.

To quote wikipedia:

"At a dose of 250 milligrams, 2C-F produces modest closed-eye visuals accompanied by lethargy [1]. The amphetamine analogue DOF is likely to be more active than the phenethylamine derivative 2C-F, and in animal trials DOF was found to be 1/6 the dosage of the potent hallucinogen DOI, which would make an active dose of DOF likely to be in the 6-18 milligram range, although it is not known to have been tested in humans."

I would guess by the dosage trends of 2C vs NBOMe that 25F-NBOMe would be in the low milligram range for a dose. Seeing as how interesting the NBOMe family is revealing itself to be I am surprised that 25F hasn't shown up, especially considering all of the fluoro compounds out lately, this has to have crossed someones mind at one point.

Any input at all would be nice, I know I will get some negative feedback for just bringing this up.

2C-F is mentioned in PIHKAL #26. I speculate that the scarcity of this compound is proportional with the difficulty/yield in synthesis

25F-NBMeo was detailed in the Nichols et al. article exploring the 25X-NBMeo series. I think that he too quickly dismissed the 25F variant due to the overwhelming binding affinities of the 25-halo variants as skewed comparisons. 25F-NBMeo could be an active, nice compound, but just more likely active at 2CX dosages.

We'd see with more in vitro research.

ebola

If the trend towards higher electronegativity and smaller atomic radius -> higher activity were to continue, this one should be the most potent out of the bunch. The precursor is also unsuspicious as it has no activity.

If the trend towards higher electronegativity and smaller atomic radius -> higher activity were to continue, this one should be the most potent out of the bunch. The precursor is also unsuspicious as it has no activity.

Doesn't lower electronegativity however create higher lipophilicity which increases activity, or am I mistaken here?

I keep thinking of how 25E-NBOMe is regarded as a disappointment compared to 25D... these don't follow the 2C series with predictable activity, anyone else have a thought on this compound? I would love to hear more on either 25B and 25F.

me said:
[herp derp]

Can someone explain to me why we're calling these n-benzoxy-methyl compounds, not n-benzyl-methoxies?

ebola

I move to call them N-benzyldimethoxyphenethyl methyl ethers

Has a nice ring to it :D

Doesn't lower electronegativity however create higher lipophilicity which increases activity, or am I mistaken here?

You would think, but this doesn't seem to be the case with this series of compounds. There are examples of where lower lipophilicity is offset by higher affinity, for instance nitrazepam is equipotent to diazepam.

25F-NBOMe experiments so far... And continuing

Hi All,

I have some 25F-NBOMe, verified as such by LC-MS.

So far I have done two experiments with it... Once at 250 ug and once at 500 ug both with the liquid insufflation ROA.

The effects of 25F-NBOMe are still indeterminate:

* The 250 ug trial yielded not much effect, just a warming, slightly euphoric body feel paired with a slight head change that included increased clarity and some brightening of colors.

* The 500 ug trial was unfortunately rushed; it was performed too soon after several days of 25E-NBOMe, 25D-NBOMe and 25C-NBOMe experimentation... Tolerance was a definite factor at the point fo the 500 ug 25F-NBOMe trial. The effects with this trial were basically the same as the 250 ug trial, with a slight euphoric push, mental clarity and interconnected thoughts and brightened colors. No real visuals appeared.

I plan to revisit the 25F-NBOMe experiments when time permits, but it's hard to resist the other 25X-NBOMe species for long enough to reduce tolerance and give 25F-NBOMe a fair trial.

Is there anyone else on BlueLight that can add their experience?? It's hard to imagine I'm the only person whose tried this!

You would think, but this doesn't seem to be the case with this series of compounds. There are examples of where lower lipophilicity is offset by higher affinity, for instance nitrazepam is equipotent to diazepam.

From what I understand this is the case with ritalin vs cocaine. Ritalin has a stronger binding affinity compared to cola, but cocaine's large clunky structure allows it to pass the BBB much easier.

Can someone also clarify this for me. Off topic but small tangents are ok here and there if it has a purpose I say. Anywho, when I look at a chemical structure, psychoactive ones obviously, and I focus on what groups are attached to where, I have come to this very crude and probably wrong conclusion to how it actually is but I'll shoot and be informed.

When I look at lets say amphetamine, the benzene ring is pointing left, the amine on the right, the electronegative cloud over the benzene isn't "concentrated" or instead a low density electronegative force spread thinly across this ring. The charge density over the benzene in my mind is what gives amphetamine/methamphetamine some, but minor effect on serotogenic systems. The star of the show is what's going on over on the amine side. I picture the Nitrogen's unpaired electrons as having a relatively good affinity for whatever binding sites are responsible for its dopamine/NE activity. The methylated version makes it so that instead of the two hydrogen atoms rotating about the N, the methyl group makes the amine group a little less prone to spinning around the nitrogen, causing the unpaired electrons to be a little more focused and directed electronegativity, as a result being more selective for that receptor. Would the methyl group make it more lipophilic to the same receptor, allowing it to penetrate a lipid more easily and reach/bind to its receptor? Or is the methyl group alone responsible for the increased potency? The methylated amine causes the compound to have a higher affinity for serotonin if I'm not mistaken, and I picture this as a result of the amine group on the other end being a little less mobile and stable, making the electron cloud around benzene more stable.

Now when you look at MDMA/MDA, you have that dimethoxy bridge focusing a giant chunk of the structures electronegativity to the benzene end of the molecule. I imagine the bridge as being a sort of 'knife' or more like a better fitting ligand to serotogenic receptors, and as a result, the star of the show is now the empathogenic character brought on about the increased affinity to those receptors responsible. Is the dopamine receptor's affinity ofset by the heavy electronegative pull on the other end? Because although there is clearly dopamine acting its part in the show, I wonder if serotogenic activity overpowers the effects of the amine or if there is some loss of activity. I'd say its the latter considering getting to sleep after MDMA is worlds easier than it's base methamphetamine structure.
Then with 4-fluoroamphetamine, there is a flourine attached to the benzene end, again causing a more dense concentration of electrons in that area. The effects then exhibit definite empathy/rolling feel due to a more electronegative benzene, should then cause the increased serotogenic effects, but slightly less dopamine activity was noticed compared to its amphetamine backbone, so again, putting the chemical into a new unique balance of activity. Now I go back and think, does that -CH2- in the dimethoxy add a lipophilic aspect to that electronegative knife provided by the oxygens, almost as a sort of sharper point to that knife, allowing for better cross into membranes or reaching its target receptors. And I'll end this with 5/6-APB. These two compounds replace either oxygen in MDA for a methylene group so it seems like it lost electronegativity, but it's much more lipohilic, perhaps accounting for the longer action than its illegal analogues, would the increase in lipohilic tendencies at that end contribute to the more obvious psychadelic qualities(because looking at the trptamines, theyre kinda bulky and less elegant looking than the PEA's but maybe the high concentration of lipohilic properties along with any -OH, -MeO, -AcO play the role of psychadelic effects? The nitrogen in the indole is also a lot more tensed or I'd say, less stable arrangement compared to the PEA's, hence little DA activity, but still some NE activity?
Also look at the difference between 5-apb and 6-apb. The only difference between the two is where the oxygen was replaced my the methylene, so the action is still serotogenic but because it can linger around longer, the visuals and psychadelic headspace play a role. I've read that people mix 5/6-apb and are the first few RC's to come anywhere close to an MDxx replacement(a stupid notion or at least a wrongfully guided attempt to recreate an experience of one chemical by a different one, which by default sounds pointless) and are even showing to be on the same level as MDMA/MDA, some people preferring it. I personally prefer MDA over MDMA anyday, not that I dislike it but MDMA is a little too gentle for me, unless I most likely have just been getting crappy actual MDMA and decent MDA, or I just lucked out and got good MDMA when I thought it was MDA. Doubt its the case because whenever I seek out molly, I specifically ask if the roll feels more intense, sensual, euphoric, and a little more 'naughty' than whats usual, oh and the visuals are quite nice, infact a bonus. I started my drug use with psychadelia, weed for a few years before technically, and even if it has psy properties they're subtle at the most, but that's like the same reaction you get when you explain to some people that ethanol is a drug and the flip a shit.

Last edited:
Haha, holy shit. Start off with SAR talk and then diverge into personal problems.

Try reposting the last 2/3 of that in the Dark Side or a blog post?

Did anyone else even notice that someone has come forward and said they have tried this? Very excited will check thread again soon.

From what I understand this is the case with ritalin vs cocaine. Ritalin has a stronger binding affinity compared to cola, but cocaine's large clunky structure allows it to pass the BBB much easier.

Can someone also clarify this for me. Off topic but small tangents are ok here and there if it has a purpose I say. Anywho, when I look at a chemical structure, psychoactive ones obviously, and I focus on what groups are attached to where, I have come to this very crude and probably wrong conclusion to how it actually is but I'll shoot and be informed.

When I look at lets say amphetamine, the benzene ring is pointing left, the amine on the right, the electronegative cloud over the benzene isn't "concentrated" or instead a low density electronegative force spread thinly across this ring. The charge density over the benzene in my mind is what gives amphetamine/methamphetamine some, but minor effect on serotogenic systems. The star of the show is what's going on over on the amine side. I picture the Nitrogen's unpaired electrons as having a relatively good affinity for whatever binding sites are responsible for its dopamine/NE activity. The methylated version makes it so that instead of the two hydrogen atoms rotating about the N, the methyl group makes the amine group a little less prone to spinning around the nitrogen, causing the unpaired electrons to be a little more focused and directed electronegativity, as a result being more selective for that receptor. Would the methyl group make it more lipophilic to the same receptor, allowing it to penetrate a lipid more easily and reach/bind to its receptor? Or is the methyl group alone responsible for the increased potency? The methylated amine causes the compound to have a higher affinity for serotonin if I'm not mistaken, and I picture this as a result of the amine group on the other end being a little less mobile and stable, making the electron cloud around benzene more stable.

Now when you look at MDMA/MDA, you have that dimethoxy bridge focusing a giant chunk of the structures electronegativity to the benzene end of the molecule. I imagine the bridge as being a sort of 'knife' or more like a better fitting ligand to serotogenic receptors, and as a result, the star of the show is now the empathogenic character brought on about the increased affinity to those receptors responsible. Is the dopamine receptor's affinity ofset by the heavy electronegative pull on the other end? Because although there is clearly dopamine acting its part in the show, I wonder if serotogenic activity overpowers the effects of the amine or if there is some loss of activity. I'd say its the latter considering getting to sleep after MDMA is worlds easier than it's base methamphetamine structure.
Then with 4-fluoroamphetamine, there is a flourine attached to the benzene end, again causing a more dense concentration of electrons in that area. The effects then exhibit definite empathy/rolling feel due to a more electronegative benzene, should then cause the increased serotogenic effects, but slightly less dopamine activity was noticed compared to its amphetamine backbone, so again, putting the chemical into a new unique balance of activity. Now I go back and think, does that -CH2- in the dimethoxy add a lipophilic aspect to that electronegative knife provided by the oxygens, almost as a sort of sharper point to that knife, allowing for better cross into membranes or reaching its target receptors. And I'll end this with 5/6-APB. These two compounds replace either oxygen in MDA for a methylene group so it seems like it lost electronegativity, but it's much more lipohilic, perhaps accounting for the longer action than its illegal analogues, would the increase in lipohilic tendencies at that end contribute to the more obvious psychadelic qualities(because looking at the trptamines, theyre kinda bulky and less elegant looking than the PEA's but maybe the high concentration of lipohilic properties along with any -OH, -MeO, -AcO play the role of psychadelic effects? The nitrogen in the indole is also a lot more tensed or I'd say, less stable arrangement compared to the PEA's, hence little DA activity, but still some NE activity?
Also look at the difference between 5-apb and 6-apb. The only difference between the two is where the oxygen was replaced my the methylene, so the action is still serotogenic but because it can linger around longer, the visuals and psychadelic headspace play a role. I've read that people mix 5/6-apb and are the first few RC's to come anywhere close to an MDxx replacement(a stupid notion or at least a wrongfully guided attempt to recreate an experience of one chemical by a different one, which by default sounds pointless) and are even showing to be on the same level as MDMA/MDA, some people preferring it. I personally prefer MDA over MDMA anyday, not that I dislike it but MDMA is a little too gentle for me, unless I most likely have just been getting crappy actual MDMA and decent MDA, or I just lucked out and got good MDMA when I thought it was MDA. Doubt its the case because whenever I seek out molly, I specifically ask if the roll feels more intense, sensual, euphoric, and a little more 'naughty' than whats usual, oh and the visuals are quite nice, infact a bonus. I started my drug use with psychadelia, weed for a few years before technically, and even if it has psy properties they're subtle at the most, but that's like the same reaction you get when you explain to some people that ethanol is a drug and the flip a shit.

Have you experience with this chemical? We're a concerned family... We're interested.

Please document this in detail.

^ Forgive me for this, but you're post is coming off as vague. Do you mean the thread title's chemical or one of the chems in my tangent story? I can comment to you about ritalin, coke, mdpv, and methylone(which although main effects are different, the cathionone structure seems to rear its ugly head in larger doses of either, small doses greatly reduce this effect), amphs, mdma and mda(yes I'm almost positive I can discern the two easily), 4-fa, these I'm familiar with. Got a few other chems, if again, this is what you're refering to, under my belt, plenty of various PEA and tryptamine psychadelics to compare effects and shit to.

Oh and sorry about the parts after that tid bit, was a tad too open at the time ;]

Having a, quote, large clunky structure, unquote, actually usually decreases BBB penetration ;)

For what its wroth, teh diggity asked about methamphetamine, the methyl group makes it more lipid soluble and able to pass the BBB easier.