Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom Thai Powder 12.5g Tea - First Time

BerryHead

Greenlighter
Bought 25g of Kratom Thai Powder as i'd read some good reports. Looked all over the internet for the best way to make kratom tea.

Ended up putting the whole 25g into a pan added water (Two coffee cups) then lightly boiled it (simmering) for 15 minutes (Till around half the water had evaporated).
I then filtered the water into a bowl with a dish cloth thing as I didnt have any filters. I then put the kratom powder back into the pan and repeated but added a bit of lemon juice as I heard it helped extract some alkaloids better or something like that (Dont know how true this is). The collected liquid me and my friend split into two cups.

We drank our tea over 20 minutes and it tastes awful! Anyways around 10 minutes after we drank it we came up slightly. Just felt really comfy and relaxed we decided to go upstairs to sit on my bed and just chill, then about 15 more minutes it hits us even more! We cant even be bothered to move our arms to change songs on laptop or to get a drink ect. Then when we did stand up it felt like we were just going to be sick so we'd have to lie down again..

This went on for about two hours, during which were times where I was dreaming while awake (Which was quite enjoyable).

I eventually decided to eat a burger.. I couldnt finish it and then I felt really sick again! The whole time from when the kratom kicked in I felt like shit whenever I stood up. I was expecting to feeling slightly sick as i'd read other reports of this but this was awful I couldnt even sit up without feeling REALLY dizzie and ill.

Could it be that I took to high of a dose for my first time? and if I had it again would it feel the same or would the nausea be more bearable?

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_kratom
substancecode_opiates
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
exptype_bodyload
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
You definitely took too much. I've eaten a lot of kratom in my day and >8g is sure to make me get sick. I prefer around 5-7g, depending on strain.

Ahh and do you still get nausea at around 5-7g? I found it hard to find what dose to have because each site I visited stated different amounts! 8(

2nd time I took too much. I didn't measure but i'd guess at least 15g (not sure why I made such a stupid decision tbh). Basically, I had waves of niceness but accompanied with feeling sick (actually vomited after a while), dizziness and also felt extremely tired. Although I overdid it and felt like shit it wasn't a horrible experience- just unpleasant. When I went to bed though and got comfortable (after slightly overwhelming tiredness and vomitting) I actually felt content, nice and relaxed and enjoyed watching Frozen Planet as I nodded off.
Again Toss'n'wash Bali.

Yeah I actually felt quite good when I just lied still in bed too.. I couldnt be bothered to move at all! I'm probably going to get some more this week and take a smaller dosage.. I can imagine it being very enjoyable without the sickness feeling!

Yep, way too much. Thai strains are generally more potent and stimulating, whereas a strain like bali is far more euphoric and recreational. 12.5g of thai is WAY too much, even for me, and I have a tolerance from using nearly every day!! I highly recommend finding some good quality plain bali leaf. Eat about 6-8g of it and enjoy the waves of euphoria!!

kratom always tastes horrible, yuk. the first two times i did it plain, mixed with water. i tryed eating it with a spoon lmao and it got stuck inside my mouth, i was practically choking on it. i mixed it with weed and i felt very relaxed and almost vic'ed out. i had about 7g doses those times. my third time i drank hella alchohol mixed some alchohol with about 10 grams of kratom and smoked some weed. about an hour and a half later i started feeling nauseous so i smoked hella which made mostly all the neasea go away. this was an extreme high, i was so numb and euphoric but spacey. i fought the throwing up with weed for 4 hours at which time i finally puked my guts out. i drank more captain morgan and then passed out.