• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Quote Me A Piece Of Writing That You Really, Really Love :)

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle.
But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

'Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night' by Dylan Thomas. Specifically the line, "Rage, rage against the dying of the light". It inspires me to not just give up my fight against the disease that's killing me. And enjoy the drugs that they give me to combat it.

"If you try, you may succeed.
If you don’t try, you will not succeed. This is true for of all things.
Not succeeding is the result of not trying."

Take not away the life you cannot give;
For all things have an equal right to live,
Kill noxious creatures where 'tis sin to save;
This only just prerogative we have;
But nourish life with vegetable food,
And shun the sacriligeous taste of blood.

Forbear, O mortals,
To spoil your bodies with such impious food!
There is corn for you, apples, whose weight bears down
The bending branches; there are grapes that swell
On the vines, and pleasant herbs, and greens
Made mellow and soft with cooking; there is milk
And clover-honey. Earth is generous
With her provision, and her sustenance
Is very kind; she offers, for your tables,
Food that requires no bloodshed and no slaughter.

Oh Ox, how great are thy desserts! A being without guile, harmless, simple,
willing for work! Ungrateful and unworthy of the fruits of earth, man his
own farm labourer slays and smites with the axe that toil-worn neck that
had so oft renewed for him the face of the hard earth; so many harvests.

^ There are a thousand forms of evil; there will be a thousand remedies.

^There are a thousand forms of evil; there will be a thousand remedies.
All things change, nothing is extinguished.
There is nothing in the whole world which is permanent.
Everything flows onward;
all things are brought into being with a changing nature;
the ages themselves glide by in constant movement.

Dans la nature rien ne se crée, rien ne se perd, tout change.

In nature nothing is created, nothing is lost, everything changes.”
Antoine Lavoisier

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Love is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.
A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

The one thing that matters is the effort.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

That we had to become estranged is the law above us; through it we should come to have more respect for each other–and the thought of our former friendship should become more sacred! There is probably a tremendous invisible curve and stellar orbit in which our different ways and goals may be included as small stretches–let us rise to this thought! But our life is too short and our vision too meager for us to be more than friends in the sense of that sublime possibility. Let us then believe in our star friendship even if we must be earth enemies.

- Nietzsche

“The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die.
As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions;
they cease to be mind.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

Life, authentic life, is supposed to be all struggle, unflagging action and affirmation, the will butting its blunt head against the world's wall, suchlike, but when I look back I see that the greater part of my energies was always given over to the simple search for shelter, for comfort, for, yes, I admit it, for cosiness. This is a surprising, not to say shocking, realisation. Before, I saw myself as something of a buccaneer, facing all-comers with a cutlass in my teeth, but now I am compelled to acknowledge that this was a delusion. To be concealed, protected, guarded, that is all I have ever truly ever wanted, to burrow down into a place of womby warmth and cower there, hidden from the sky's indifferent gaze and the air's harsh damagings. That is why the past is just such a retreat for me, I go there eagerly, rubbing my hands and shaking off the cold present and the colder future. And yet, what existence, really, does it have, the past? After all, it is only what the present was, once, the present that is gone, no more than that. And yet.

― John Banville

“If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.”

And,

“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.”

All other creatures look down toward the earth, but man was given a face so that might turn his eyes toward the stars and his gaze upon the sky

I realize today that nothing in the world is more distasteful to a man than to take the path that leads to himself.

- Hermann Hesse