• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Quote Me A Piece Of Writing That You Really, Really Love :)

Our entire society is based on discontent. People wanting more and more and more. Being constantly dissatisfied with their homes, their bodies, their décor, their clothes, everything – taking it for granted that that’s the whole point of life. Never to be satisfied. If you are perfectly happy with what you got, especially if what you got isn’t even all the spectacular then you’re dangerous. You’re breaking all the rules. You’re undermining the sacred economy. You’re challenging every assumption that society is built on.”

I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense once hate is gone they will be forced to deal with pain.
-James Baldwin

“The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.”
Elie Wiesel

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”

“Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”
Stephen King

i may have shared this already, but it is worth being said again anyhow.

3XwOohH.jpg

^ Nice :)

“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.
When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”

Paulo Coelho

^Love is powerful stuff ;)<3

“What you call passion is not a spiritual force, but friction between the soul and the outside world. Where passion dominates, that does not signify the presence of greater desire and ambition, but rather the misdirection of these qualities toward and isolated and false goal, with a consequent tension and sultriness in the atmosphere. Those who direct the maximum force of their desires toward the center, toward true being, toward perfection, seem quieter than the passionate souls because the flame of their fervor cannot always be seen. In argument, for example, they will not shout or wave their arms. But, I assure you, they are nevertheless, burning with subdued fires.”

- Hermann Hesse, The Glass Bead Game

Today's quotes:

“Time was passing like a hand waving from a train I wanted to be on.
I hope you never have to think about anything as much as I think about you.”
Jonathan Safran Foer

“Friendship ... is born at the moment when one man says to another "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .”
C.S. Lewis

Last edited:
Today's quote:

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

Oscar Wilde.

'to repeat excessively is to enter into loss'

- roland barthes

'happiness is the longing for repetition'

- milan kundera

D:
wait wat

They say when you are missing someone that they are probably feeling the same, but I don't think it's possible for you to miss me as much as I'm missing you right now
Edna St. Vincent Millay

About stress, quite of an issue these days. :\

“You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in co
ntrol anyway.”

“The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.”– Sydney J. Harris

“Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started. David Allen

“I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”
Pablo Neruda

"Time was passing like a hand waving from a train I wanted to be on.
I hope you never have to think about anything as much as I think about you.”
Jonathan Foer

"Oh, the comfort — the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person — having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away."
Dinah Maria Mulock Craik

“If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
Paulo Coelho

^ brings to mind a similar quote...

“Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.” ... The Imitation of Christ by Thomas à Kempis