• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Quote Me A Piece Of Writing That You Really, Really Love :)

...they were too fine, it was not their moment, this era of the adolescent, their appreciation he said would come at a future time... All their childhood she'd helped her friend build, drafty as it was, a sandcastle of protection. Such castles should deteriorate of natural and happy processes. That for Peter his should still exist was simply extraordinary. Grady, though she still had use for their file of privately humorous references, for the sad anecdotes and tender coinages they shared, wanted no part of the castle: that applauded hour, the golden moment Peter had promised, did he not know that it was now?

the bible ~
... always something more then i think.
;-)

1 Corinthians 15
12 Now if Christ is preached as raised from the dead, how can some of you say, "There is no resurrection of the dead"?
13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised;
14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is without foundation, and so is your faith.

40 There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the splendor (AX) of the heavenly bodies is different from that of the earthly ones.
41 There is a splendor of the sun, another of the moon, and another of the stars; for star differs from star in splendor.

42 So it is with the resurrection of the dead:

Sown in corruption, raised in incorruption;

43 sown in dishonor, raised in glory;

sown in weakness, raised in power;

44 sown a natural body, raised a spiritual body.

btw, i cant try and post at the times i do,
that is ridicules... when should i wait until?!?
9:28?
:-\

Last edited:
My favourite poems by my favourite poet, Wallace Stevens.

Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird

I
Among twenty snowy mountains,
The only moving thing
Was the eye of the blackbird.

II
I was of three minds,
Like a tree
In which there are three blackbirds.

III
The blackbird whirled in the autumn winds.
It was a small part of the pantomime.

IV
A man and a woman
Are one.
A man and a woman and a blackbird
Are one.

V
I do not know which to prefer,
The beauty of inflections
Or the beauty of innuendoes,
The blackbird whistling
Or just after.

VI
Icicles filled the long window
With barbaric glass.
The shadow of the blackbird
Crossed it, to and fro.
The mood
Traced in the shadow
An indecipherable cause.

VII
O thin men of Haddam,
Why do you imagine golden birds?
Do you not see how the blackbird
Walks around the feet
Of the women about you?

VIII
I know noble accents
And lucid, inescapable rhythms;
But I know, too,
That the blackbird is involved
In what I know.

IX
When the blackbird flew out of sight,
It marked the edge
Of one of many circles.

X
At the sight of blackbirds
Flying in a green light,
Even the bawds of euphony
Would cry out sharply.

XI
He rode over Connecticut
In a glass coach.
Once, a fear pierced him,
In that he mistook
The shadow of his equipage
For blackbirds.

XII
The river is moving.
The blackbird must be flying.

XIII
It was evening all afternoon.
It was snowing
And it was going to snow.
The blackbird sat
In the cedar-limbs.

Of Mere Being

The palm at the end of the mind,
Beyond the last thought, rises
In the bronze decor,

A gold-feathered bird
Sings in the palm, without human meaning,
Without human feeling, a foreign song.

You know then that it is not the reason
That makes us happy or unhappy.
The bird sings. Its feathers shine.

The palm stands on the edge of space.
The wind moves slowly in the branches.
The bird's fire-fangled feathers dangle down.

"We succeeded in taking that picture [from deep space], and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity -- in all this vastness -- there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. It is up to us. It's been said that astronomy is a humbling, and I might add, a character-building experience. To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."

Carl Sagan.

A human being should be able to change a diaper,
plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship,
design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying,
take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone,
solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal,
fight efficiently, die gallantly.

Specialization is for insects.​

--Robert Heinlein​

^i like it.

The beastly and the beautiful merged at one point, and it is that borderline I would like to fix, and I feel I fail to do so utterly.

"And if Nanna does not help you in this matter, go to Eridug. In Eridug, when you have entered the house of Enki, lament before Enki: "Father Enki, don't let anyone kill your daughter in the underworld. Don't let your precious metal be alloyed there with the dirt of the underworld. Don't let your precious lapis lazuli be split there with the mason's stone. Don't let your boxwood be chopped up there with the carpenter's wood. Don't let young lady Inana be killed in the underworld."

"Father Enki, the lord of great wisdom, knows about the life-giving plant and the life-giving water. He is the one who will restore me to life."

- Inana from the great heaven she who set her mind on the great below from the great heaven the goddess who set her mind on the great below from the great heaven Inana who set her mind on the great below our mistress who hath did abandoned heaven, abandoned earth, and descended to the underworld she Inana who hath did abandoned heaven, abandoned earth, and descended to the underworld.

Last edited:
"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us." ~Charles Bukowski

"All rivers go to the sea,
yet never does the sea become full .
To the place where they go,
the rivers keep on going."
~ Ecclesiastes 1:7

... say wuuUt?!¿

... Well then in that case.
;)

Near the end of chapter 13'

"I awaked up last of all, as one that gathereth grapes after the grape-gatherers: by the blessing of the Lord I profited, and filled my winePress like a gatherer Of grapes.
Consider that I, labored not for myself Only, but for all them that seek learning.
Hear me, O ye great men of the people,
and harken your ears,
ye ruler of congregation."

<3<3
<3

' The blood of love welled up in my heart with a slow pain. '
Sylvia Plath

"Once we know the number one, we believe we know the number two, because one plus one equals two. We forget, that we must first know the meaning of plus."

Lemmy Caution / ALPHAVILLE

" a sphere lying on a table, touches & rests only on one fine point, though it is the entire table which supports the globe"
-?

"Once we know the number one, we believe we know the number two, because one plus one equals two. We forget, that we must first know the meaning of plus."

Lemmy Caution / ALPHAVILLE
"I'm afraid because I know this word without ever having seen it or read it."
-natacha von braun

despite being black & white, it's all blue versus red.

"I'm afraid because I know this word without ever having seen it or read it."
-natacha von braun

despite being black & white, it's all blue versus red.

Despite being up or down, its all really round & round.
Annnd despite being green and red, its all reflected in the dew
each morning bled.

A starry blue sky is one of wanderlust, but a belief in such is a must ~ it is there! it is there! Longue durée de vie à la lumière bénie¡ in the dark its all I can see, in the light its all I can say
~

For ever May, for every I may ?

Romans 3:22
(KJV)
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference

Psalms 119:110
(KJV)
The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts

Benjamin Franklin
“The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance.”

“Good sense is a thing all need, few have, and none think they want.”

“I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong”

heheh

alright alright...
i really do love this piece of writing ;) its like a puzzle with pieces that are puzzles as-well.

IMO, and this has taken a lot of banging my head against the wall to conclude with...but compared to any 'sacred-text' as far as word-for-word effectiveness, and flat-out epiphany status for days on end after reading a couple of dozen words(oh my) ;) the King James Version Bible is, well, endlessly effective.

it i think is impossible to be read by any one person. or thousands. centuries worth of devoted scholars etc etc - understatement...and the more i read, and re-read, the more clear it seems that, this "book" was written by no man. lol i am serious, it is far to complex and consistent, so simple.
far far way too perfect.

anyway, hope you too enjoy gain as much i feel that i do.

Aleph (01)
8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
Beth (2)
16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
Chet (3)
24 Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counselors.
Dalet (4)
32 I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.
Gimel (5)
40 Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.
Heh (6)
48 My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved;
and I will meditate in thy statutes.
Zain (7)
56This I had, because I kept thy precepts.
Vav (8 )
64 The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes.
Teth (9)
72 The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.
Jod (10)
80 Let my heart be sound in thy statutes; that I be not ashamed.
Caph (11)
88 Quicken me after thy lovingkindness; so shall I keep the testimony of thy mouth.
Lamend (12)
96 I have seen an end of all perfection: but thy commandment is exceeding broad.
Mem (13)
104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Nun (14)
112 I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.
Samech (15)
120 My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; and I am afraid of thy judgments.
Ain (16)
128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right;
and I hate every false way.
Pe (17)
136 Rivers of waters run down mine eyes, because they keep not thy law.
Tzadi (18 )
144 The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: give me understanding,
and I shall live.
Koph (19)
152 Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever.
Resh (20)
160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.
Schin (21)
168 I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee.
Tau (22)
176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.