• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Quote Me A Piece Of Writing That You Really, Really Love :)

Here was a panacea, a φαρμακον for all human woes; here was the secret of happiness, about which philosophers had disputed for so many ages, at once discovered: happiness might now be bought for a penny, and carried in the waistcoat pocket; portable ecstacies might be had corked up in a pint bottle, and peace of mind could be sent down in gallons by the mail-coach.
-Thomas De Quincey, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater

Gazing up into the darkness, I saw myself as a creature; driven and derided by vanity; and my eyes burned with anguish and anger.
-James Joyce, from Araby from the collection of short stories 'Dubliners'

I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again. For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate.
-Albert Camus, The Stranger

"..but the white flesh creature's trail is easily followed. There before that shimmering vale of light, the ivory skinned slug thing.."
- Groundhog Day, MMLP2

I know I'm lost with no motivation to find my way back I left myself down a paper trail of the pages of my mind, now I want them back, I'm somewhere between no courage among the other things I lack Lost in desperation where an ember turns to an ash Somewhere along this path I crossed the line Broken promises I've made without thinking twice Left my second thought and reason behind All in the name of making this world mine All in the name of building my own Why do I think that I have to live this life alone, I know I'm lost

I know, I know I'm lost, I know, I know I'm lost But what scares me the most is I'm starting to feel at home I know, I know I can't stay here forever, when we lose ourselves we find each other

I find this strange comfort in being lost in life Wherever I end up will I belong there this time? So when you feel your heart sink into your chest Don't forget everything is okay in the end We are not okay but this is not the end yet

From "Strange Comfort" by The Color Morale ♥

likes to watch me glass room, bathroom
chateau marmont
slipping on my red dress, putting on my makeup
glass room, perfume, cognac, lilac
fumes

Last edited:
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Lewis Carroll - The Jabberwocky.

I have so many anchors
So many, so many
So many anchors
Far too many to be sailing on these seas
They're pulling me under
And I just want to be freed
But I'm just drowning and clasping

To the tinder and twine
Not the firm planks and rope
That I know to be mine
That I know to be mine
I have so many anchors
Bound to my feet
It feels like I'll forever be bound
To the bottom of these seas

Will you hear nothing I say
As the tide just sweeps and sways
As the anchors that bind me
Just rust and decay
As I tear my flesh from bone
As I scream out to the sky
When will I find my way home?

There are sirens watching me
And they whisper and smile to me
And I'm screaming out to them
Please take these anchors from my feet

I see the moon up above
I've failed my hope
I've thrown out my love
I still want to live
I still want to hope
I still want to give
I still want to grow
I was dead and gone
I was cold and alone
I was weighed down and buried

Will you hear nothing I say
As the tide just sweeps and sways
As the anchors that bind me
Just rust and decay
As I tear my flesh from bone
As I scream out to the sky

"The desire for fame springs from man's best part. It was and is the sister of the giants; it always goes to extremes — horrible monsters or brilliant prodigies."

-Baltasar Gracián

Oh, to be a hot dog inspector. Can you imagine? Every time you shut your eyes at night, thousands of slippery pink meat tubes fluttering in your mind. Some with bits of casing, some not. You try grabbing the defects, but they just slip through your fingers.

^I like that a lot, Joe. I have often thought, when people are saying that they are going to be reunited with their loved ones in "heaven" that this thought holds little comfort for me. Aside from seeming like total fantasy, there is also that part of me that says, No, I'm ready for something different. Exhausted consciousness, indeed.

Are you reading the book? Recommended?

Basically anything that comes out of Rust's mouth in True Detective but here's my favourite:

I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.
There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.
When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.

Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

If you are not rain, my love
Be tree
Sated with fertility, be tree
If you are not tree, my love
Be stone
Saturated with humidity, be stone
If you are not stone, my love
Be moon
In the dream of the beloved woman, be moon
[So spoke a woman
to her son at his funeral]

Basically anything that comes out of Rust's mouth in True Detective but here's my favourite

Agreed. I've re-watched it over three times now, it has some of the best writing I've ever seen for a television series.

“If heaven really exists: then heaven is the job, hell is unemployment, while life is merely an interview.”

I loved, and, blind with passionate love, I fell.
Love brought me down to death, and death to Hell.
For God is just, and death for sin is well.

"I do not rage against his high decree,
Nor for myself do ask that grace shall be;
But for my love on earth who mourns for me

[FONT=Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]" 8. And how war yore maggies?
Answer: They war loving, they love laughing, they laugh weeping, they weep smelling, they smell smiling, they smile hating, they hate thinking, they think feeling, they feel tempting, they tempt daring, they dare waiting, they wait taking, they take thanking, they thank seeking, as born for lorn in lore of love to live and wive by wile and rile by rule of ruse 'reathed rose and hose hol'd home, yeth cometh elope year, coach and four, Sweet Peck-at-my-Heart picks one man more"

[/FONT]

Be Nobody's Darlingby Alice Walker

Be nobody's darling;
Be an outcast.
Take the contradictions
Of your life
And wrap around
You like a shawl,
To parry stones
To keep you warm.
Watch the people succumb
To madness