• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Experience with Kanna (Sceletium Tortuosum)

yawning man

Greenlighter
Hello again :)

I was just reading the wiki for kanna and the effects section lists a whole heap of shit. While annecdotal reports don't rate it as anything special. A friend has a decent sized plant so we're wanting to know others experiences before we have a try.
I would ask about best method of ingestion and quantity but that would get this thread deleted probably.

cheers man

I like kanna either buccal (against the gums) or smoked (usually alongside cannabis) at 50-200mg doses for a mild psychedelic and euphoric effect, or as a synergist. Active ingredient is mesembrine. It's one of the few euphoric SSRIs I know of. Mind you, I'm using dried and ground plant matter.

Try chewing half a gram of the wet plant and see how that does for you. It's mild but nice, a bit like coming up on E or something of the like. You can always take more, but doen't take too much or you may get sick.

bumpin this cuz I had some questions if anyone could answer... mainly I'm thinking about getting this because I'm on probation/getting drug tested and I haven't smoked weed (or gotten high at all) in 6 months now and I'm getting to the point where I just need something.. but I really can't piss dirty and violate. Everything I've read says this won't show up on a piss test, can anyone say from experience that it definitely won't?

Also if I do end up getting some, I heard the best way to take is just to put a little on your gums/under your tongue, any reccomendations?

And can anyone reccomend a good brand?

Brand discussion or drug test discussion are not allowed here on Bluelight.

Smoked, or buccal/sublingual are proably the way to go with this. Kanna is originally meant to be chewed on.

Anyone willing to give a serious description of effects? Duration? Dosage? Tolerance development? Synergism w/ other drugs? I can't really find solid info, the google search yielded many sellers but few reliable experiences, outside of erowid is there more solid info about Kanna?

Sekio, you really notice an effect from Kanna? Is it something where you almost have to "will" the effect on yourself or rather a herb like Kratom where you really know you have igested something?

Brand discussion or drug test discussion are not allowed here on Bluelight.

Smoked, or buccal/sublingual are proably the way to go with this. Kanna is originally meant to be chewed on.

fasho wasnt aware.. appreciate the info

I notice mild f/x with 100-200mg of "high grade" kanna powder buccal, it's a change in headspace similar to low dose marijuana+caffeine, or low dose MDMA... relaxing yet slightly stimulating. It's also good for changing the 'feel' of cannabis, with 50-150mg smoked. Too much brings unpleasant body load, sweats, makes it hard to concentrate.

The f/x are comparatively mild to cannabis, comparable to kava kava I'd say. You can defnitiely feel something going on, but it's not as obvious as kratom. I want to say it feels like a SRI combined with caffeine/cannabis, but I haven't done any SSRIs.

No idea about withdrawal, it's apparently a SRI though so I would expect discontinuation effects like SSRI/MDMA.

I took 300mg kanna and didnt feel a damn thing.

Maybe I took too much??! 8(

when buying, look for kanna that has been fermented. this somehow increases the potency. I have kanna that in one hoot brings a slight feeling of intensity, similar to caffeine or mdma, as others say. I enjoy music a little more, and conversation is less of a chore (I am rather shy at times). taking too much leads to something like taking 600mg caffeine, a strong anxious feeling and rapid heartrate. It is still nicer than too much caffeine though, as it doesn't make me as jittery or nauseous, and passes into a nice feeling rather quickly (about an hour).

I took 14 grams of kanna .... with 1 gram 50x bluelotus. . I felt a strong mood lift, followed by extreme nausea and vomiting

Obvious conclusion to be drawn: 14 grams of kanna is far too much. Even anywhere around 3-4 g for me is a little nauseating!

Would this be a good thing to add with some opioids (I'd assume since it has some stimulation after first, take it a bit before you take a opioids like heroin IV/snorted, oxycodone oral, etc. so once the sedative effects kick in it would meld in with the opioid. If it has some quasi psychedelic effect, from what I'm thinking in the combo with an opioid, and you taking a nod dose of the opioid, the psychedelic like effects could add some vivid colourness to the nod dreamy state.

Or say taking it with a dissociative like ketamine (not DXM if it has some SSRI effect), as even the stimulant effects would be nice with k, and then the sedation would mix well.

If it adds a little effect like people are prescribing I'd imagine a little bit of this substance with a dose of an opioid, a little bit of marijuana and some ketamine would make a nice relaxing high.

Whats the duration like? How long does the stimulant like effects last until the sedation starts? Seems like it could be an interesting drug to add to other drugs.
u into
I'm kinda interested in potentially picking some up at some point.

Another herb I'd like to try with some substances would be zacatechichi with a nod dose of opioid. I'd be curioous if it could add some of the dream like effect to a nod. Or some zacatechichi with a high dose of ketamine to add to the world ketamine throws you into.