Bluelight

Thread: Codeine Promethazine Dosage Question

1. Collapse Details
    Codeine Promethazine Dosage Question 
    My dealer says he has some codeine promethazine syrup (aka lean). How much would it take to get me feeling good? I really only mess with hydrocodone and it takes about 40 mg to get me to where i want to be. Also, is the high all that different from hydro?

2. Collapse Details

As far as i know this syrup is about 6.5 mg of promethazine & 10 mg of codeine per 5 ml spoonful. This is a problem cos you'll want around 150/200 mg of codeine really & ingesting that amount with the promethazine will be unpleasant. Anything over 50 mg of promethazine will make it next to impossible to stay awake without an injection of amphetamines.

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    A glass bottle in the ocean between waves and rocks
    i would suggest at least 300mg of codeine and 50 mg of promethazine...

4. Collapse Details

First of all, codeine, from what I understand, is weak by comparison with hydro. Certainly it's weak compared to oxy.

So you'd need to take, like someone said, around 300-400mg, perhaps a bit less as the anti-histamine will potentiate it. But at that dose you'd be taking too much of the anti-histamine and would probably just pass out.

Besides which, why would you buy cough syrup from a dealer? Just go to a chemist?

5. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    According to a dose converter, 40mg hydrocodone is equivalent to 266 mg codeine. So I would try 200-250mg codeine and however much promethazine that comes with. Don't want to take too much or you'll get sick.

Codeine is notably more sedating and itchy than hydrcodone, but the highs should be pretty similar.

Besides which, why would you buy cough syrup from a dealer? Just go to a chemist?
    Codeine cough syrups are not over the counter (at least not the good ones) in many jursidictions.
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28

6. Collapse Details

I think you mean that it's 'behind-the-counter', viz., that a pharmacist has to be involved in the sale. But it's not prescription. And I'd rather talk to a pharmacist than deal with a dealer any day.

7. Collapse Details

You need not worry about doing up to 100 mg promethazine. Compared to diphenhydramine, which it shares a cross-tolerance with as an old-school antihistamine, 100 mg will not lead to dysphoria. The two antihistamines are roughly equipotent by weight, with promethazine being much more sedating. It should synergize well as it does with any other opioid I've taken it with. I used to eat capsules called Meprozine Forte which were 50 mg meperidine/pethidine, 25 mg promethazine each before meperidine was kicked out of most dentists' offices and hospitals. 4 capsules made for a wonderful experience with the promethazine completely inhibiting itch and providing clean sedation (a four hour nod) without the nasty anti-cholinergic dysphoria DPH gives at the same dose. I can't give you a safe ceiling dose, but the most promethazine I've taken with opioids was 150 mg, which still felt cleaner than 100 mg DPH, granted a stronger opioid will better cover negative side effects. Sounds like decent syrup for your tolerance.

8. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    I think you mean that it's 'behind-the-counter', viz., that a pharmacist has to be involved in the sale. But it's not prescription
    In some jurisdictions (certain parts of thye States), yes it's behind-the-counter, but in others like Canada the only OTC cough syrups with codeine will have only small amounts (1-5mg/ml) and a whole shitload of other bad things (guaifensin, acetaminophen, huge amounts of ammonium chloride). The Good Stuff like Cheratussin AC is all Rx only.
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28