• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Skyrim

Albion

Bluelight Crew
So who's playing Skyrim?

Although...stupid question really. Anyone who is playing it certainly won't be on bluelight again for a few weeks.

Picked my copy up today and I'm going to be playing all weekend. The game seems to have got strong reviews across the board.

After 17 hours i've needed to take a break, this is by far one of the best games i've ever played. It's a HUGE improvement from Oblivion, new death cut-scene animations makes close combat all the more immersive, the world is stunning visually and the music makes running around the mountains of Skyrim with a battleaxe feel epic. I've already re-rolled about 7 times to get a feel of the game and what i want to play, decided on my first proper play-through as a wood elf assassin/illusionist allied with the dark brotherhood.

There is a lot of replay value here :)

I can't read any text on an SD TV. Booo.

Pretty fun so far though.

It's incredible. I can't stop playing it. Also started playing in 3D which is amazing as well haha.

Got this earlier. bought a few things from tescos, they removed the tag but forgot to check it through... free copy of Skyrim =D

plus its my birthday today. cheers tesco

Will buy it but waiting for mods to come out for improvements. Ive heard that the monsters aren't nearly hard enough so I will wait for some good AI tweaks.

Rofl, they're hard if you up the difficulty. I'm not sure how much harder they can get, they already kill you in one shot.

Will buy it but waiting for mods to come out for improvements. Ive heard that the monsters aren't nearly hard enough so I will wait for some good AI tweaks.
I got raped by a yeti and a giant troll in 1 shot. not everything is uber hard, but there is definately some monsters that require skill to take down... im play default difficulty too.

I got raped by a yeti and a giant troll in 1 shot. not everything is uber hard, but there is definately some monsters that require skill to take down... im play default difficulty too.

Yeah there's a lot of monsters that will own you at lower levels. I spent about 20 minutes slowly killing two giants that were the other side of a door...That got pretty tedious pretty quickly.

Other than that I'm loving Skyrim.

I've never been a big fan of Elder Scrolls. My friend use to play Morrowwind all the time, and I played Oblivion when it came out but never got into it as much as I did with Fallout 3 and New Vegas. After watching videos, gameplay walkthroughs and what not, I legit can not get over how good this game looks. It's like their using the New Vegas engine, but improved dramatically. It looks like it takes a lot of inspiration as far as gameplay goes from Fallout, and that is certainly a welcome change.

I've been planning on getting a new Xbox since I sold mine last year, and with the release of Battlefield 3 and Skyrim, I can't help but feel now is the perfect time to do so.

yeah it has quite a "Fall out" feel with it, anyone whos played fallout will like it. only played it for about 45 mins but like it a lot. gonna be a very immersive deep game

Epic. The dual wield thing is a good time. I actually like that some of the enemies are much weaker because I always thought it was dumb for a mage/warrior/whatever to get owned by a wolf or something regardless of level. The right enemies are tough though.

gonna play this on a small amount of MXE soon, it'll be so deep

gonna play this on a small amount of MXE soon, it'll be so deep

That does sound like a good idea.

I'd love to play Skyrim on shrooms. The pretty visuals work well as a twisted juxtaposition to the actually-quite-sinister content. Would love to see how that would be interpreted by a tripper.

Elder scrolls are some of my all time favorite RPG's. Im hoping skyrim lives up to that pedigree.

Damn, I should've just gone to the midnight launch. I pre-ordered it on Amazon because I figured it would be sold out in local stores before I could get my hands on a copy, but now I've got to wait till Nov. 17-22 for my package to arrive. At least that gives me time to pick up a bag of weed, which is a gaming resource that has recently been depleted. =D

With regard to the difficulty level, honestly for a game like TES, I'm not sure it matters so much. At least, for me, the joy in these games comes from making MY character powerful, and general role-playing rather than vanquishing enemies that have loads of HP and attack strength.