• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Skyrim

Ah c'mon man! :) We know.. but the thread's about Skyrim, no point living in nostalgia eh.. otherwise i would of never played anything but Ultima :p
I get scones from my friend that guaranteed me it would be good at the cost of scones. I can't complain about that.

You mean to say Skyrim?

Also, have you tried scrolling with your mouse wheel? I wonder if that would work. If navigating menus actually requires arrow key usage, this seems like an absurd oversight.

Actually, on second thought, what seems more likely is that they want to take out any advantages that the PC version has over the console version, and level the platform playing field a little bit (gamepad menu navigation is equally clunky to keyboard usage), to encourage people to choose a console version of the game over PC. Why? Simple -- piracy. PC games are MUCH easier to pirate than console games. Less piracy = more profits.

Yes I did mean Skyrim, sorry, I believe I was still on MXE when I wrote that, I can't remember. Fixed now.

Mouse wheel didn't work last I checked, but I might be wrong. I'll double check later if I remember.

And, well, if that was their intention, they seem to have messed up - as I bought their games up to and including Oblivion, but Skyrim I have been playing a free copy because I don't want to spend my money on something with such a faulty UI. On a bit of an off-shoot, most of the previous games I tried for free before buying them, and wouldn't have even considered ever buying if I didn't try them for free and see they were games deserving of my money ;)

Anyway, this is an immersive and very fun game, and I'm enjoying it - when the price is reduced, and they actually patch the horrible UI, I might even buy it. Until then though it's in my section of games that are fun when high but don't really compete with my favourites. :(

So I ended up buying a whole new Xbox console just to play this game. And Battlefield 3, but I only got Skyrim.

I have to say...I'm about 12 hours into the game, and I just can't get in to it. RPG's are my favorite type of games, but I just can't get into it. It feels shallow. None of the towns or characters have left an impression on me, all of them feel shallow as a kiddy pool. I think maybe because I keep comparing it to Fallout. I don't know...I'm giving it a chance, but as of right now I plan on selling it for some bud, then I'm gonna buy Battlefield 3 at the beginning of the month.

Perhaps I'll get into by then.

So I ended up buying a whole new Xbox console just to play this game. And Battlefield 3, but I only got Skyrim.

I have to say...I'm about 12 hours into the game, and I just can't get in to it. RPG's are my favorite type of games, but I just can't get into it. It feels shallow. None of the towns or characters have left an impression on me, all of them feel shallow as a kiddy pool. I think maybe because I keep comparing it to Fallout. I don't know...I'm giving it a chance, but as of right now I plan on selling it for some bud, then I'm gonna buy Battlefield 3 at the beginning of the month.

Perhaps I'll get into by then.

It's very shallow bud. The college of Winterhold quest line was pathetically short and not very detailed. very little character interaction and no real story. I keep playing to see if it will get better, but it only continues to be more and more of a disappointment.

It's very shallow bud. The college of Winterhold quest line was pathetically short and not very detailed. very little character interaction and no real story. I keep playing to see if it will get better, but it only continues to be more and more of a disappointment.

I just started the College of Winterhold questline, and so far it's alright...but the first quest already glitched out! I arrived at the cave, but nobody is showing up. It points to the door, and I wait figuring maybe the characters will show up, but nobody does. Had to reload from an earlier save to get out of it, figuring maybe they'd patch it up or something.

Very disappointing...I play it figuring maybe I'll get into the more and more I play, but it feels like a chore just to play. I hate saying that, considering how much I love RPG's, but this just feels very mechanical, like text book made into moving pictures. No real substance to it, just words and meaningless dialogue.

Came across this site which shows screenshots of Morrowind and Cyrdoiil landmass's within TESV; as for Bethseda's reason for this no one knows.. possibly it will act as future DLC or an expansion of sorts, maybe it was left for the modders or it could be entirely for show, but considering none it can be seen from anywhere within the Skyrim province and most of the mass is 3d-rendered with roads from Skyrim leading in that direction suggests that it will act as further content in some-way.

Considering TESV is based 200? years beyond TESIV i'd imagine alot would have changed in those provinces which is also another opportunity for huge DLC/expansion's.

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

whats wrong with the UI?

Example, during character creation there are several options at the top of the screen, and several further details in the box below. I click on one of the options to go to change it.. nothing. Hmm, that's weird - I try again, nope, still nothing. I can only go to it using arrow keys, I can't click it.. If a game's released for PC you should be able to navigate menus with your mouse.

Came across this site which shows screenshots of Morrowind and Cyrdoiil landmass's within TESV; as for Bethseda's reason for this no one knows.. possibly it will act as future DLC or an expansion of sorts, maybe it was left for the modders or it could be entirely for show, but considering none it can be seen from anywhere within the Skyrim province and most of the mass is 3d-rendered with roads from Skyrim leading in that direction suggests that it will act as further content in some-way.

Considering TESV is based 200? years beyond TESIV i'd imagine alot would have changed in those provinces which is also another opportunity for huge DLC/expansion's.

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

I would love for Bethesda to release the entirety of Tamriel through DLC. The ultimate Elder Scrolls game?

I just started the College of Winterhold questline, and so far it's alright...but the first quest already glitched out! I arrived at the cave, but nobody is showing up. It points to the door, and I wait figuring maybe the characters will show up, but nobody does. Had to reload from an earlier save to get out of it, figuring maybe they'd patch it up or something.

I thought this was a problem as well until I actually went into the cave and then the characters just showed up.

I would love for Bethesda to release the entirety of Tamriel through DLC. The ultimate Elder Scrolls game?

That would be bad ass. To wander all of Tamriel getting into crazy adventures? Sign me up.

haven't bothered that much with the main quest yet, been running around doing random shit for awhile,

Well Vvardenfell is supposed to be dead lands because of the volcano as well as most of main land morrowind as well. Many of the dwenmer moved to Winterhold and stuff but then the sea of ghosts expanded and flooded a good part of skyrim, which i assume means it flooded most of NW mainland morrowind. Southern Morrowind was invaded by the Argonians and most of Tamriel is under oppressive occupation by the aldmeri dominion as they genocide Talos worshipers. Unless you are an altmer you cannot go to the somerset isles. Hammers fell is an independent country now after rejecting the white-gold concordat but is also sacked by war with the aldmeri. Really, pretty much the only area that isn't ruins after a few centuries of war at this point is Skyrim.

Yep. The one where you are suppose to meet the teacher and your classmates at the entrance to the cave, can't remember the name of it though.

Yeah Saarthal.

It could be glitched, when i went there the characters hadn't shown up.. so i set the wait time for about 5 hours and then they appeared. But it seems quests involving the AI been at a particular location seem to be buggy, i've had major trouble with triggering the Blood on Ice quest in Windhelm where i need to walk into a murder scene.

Yeah Saarthal.

It could be glitched, when i went there the characters hadn't shown up.. so i set the wait time for about 5 hours and then they appeared. But it seems quests involving the AI been at a particular location seem to be buggy, i've had major trouble with triggering the Blood on Ice quest in Windhelm where i need to walk into a murder scene.

I'm having problems with that one too!

I'm stuck with "Investigate the crime scene" and when I do, nothing to click or find...also, it says to get help from the J guy, but when I talk to him, no options related to the quest appear...

This game is ridiculously buggy. Everytime I start to enjoy it, something happens that prevents me from going any further.

I'm having problems with that one too!

I'm stuck with "Investigate the crime scene" and when I do, nothing to click or find...also, it says to get help from the J guy, but when I talk to him, no options related to the quest appear...

This game is ridiculously buggy. Everytime I start to enjoy it, something happens that prevents me from going any further.

well it just came out. All the elder scrolls have been horribly bugged when they first came out.