• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Skyrim

Honestly I doubt it has anything to do with game quality. I think it's just that people have high speed internet connections, torrent sites are gaining popularity, and it's just become a lot easier in general. There are plenty of high quality games out there.
I have about 20 gamer friends and plenty of acquaintances. all but one of them buys good games. and I'm the only one who didn't buy skyrim.

Getting a new PC soon, gonna get this game once that happens =D

I'm considering actually paying for this game, is there any DRM or stuff like that? One of the things I loved about torrents is all the flexibility you get.

Getting a new PC soon, gonna get this game once that happens =D

I'm considering actually paying for this game, is there any DRM or stuff like that? One of the things I loved about torrents is all the flexibility you get.
The game was cracked in less than as few minutes.

God I love this game though sometimes I hate playing it on drugs. Whenever i'm even high sometimes the temptation to wack someone in the back/head or hit them with some spell in the middle of a conversation is to much....... I also hope there will be another person who can follow you around and will creepily just be standing next to you when you awake after its killed. Climbing the mountains and paralyzing him, then watching/listening to him tumble down the mountain to his death was amazing, as well as seeing every enemy instantly choose to chase him instead of me. He was like siren sometimes because he would scream when a wolf or bear would start running towards him. One things for sure though, I have to play more, only spent a fair chunk of time playing it and some of that was messing around.

Found my first major bug, unable to purchase the house in Windhelm if you've already completed the Dark Brotherhood quest-line as it cause's the triggering of the murder quest in windhelm to break which is essential in the process of buying the house, seems this has effected alot of people.. c'mon patch!

Just completed the Winterhold College quests. I think I deserve a fucking medal...The Eye of Magnus story is hard as nails.

haven't really been into games for years, but gotta say this game is a masterpiece, dont think ive been this immersed into a game since FF7 and things like that. MGS etc. haven't spent that much time on this though (well not compared to a lot of people, not a fan of dedicating hours and hours in games, few hours here and there) but loving this. plus i got it for free. fuck yeah. highly recommend this. exploring some tomb with a guy whos been helping me for a little while, got my 2 handed ancient coldsword out smashing the fuck out of everything

the amount of effort that must of gone into making this must have been pretty immense

Last edited:
haven't really been into games for years, but gotta say this game is a masterpiece, dont think ive been this immersed into a game since FF7 and things like that. MGS etc. haven't spent that much time on this though (well not compared to a lot of people, not a fan of dedicating hours and hours in games, few hours here and there) but loving this. plus i got it for free. fuck yeah. highly recommend this. exploring some tomb with a guy whos been helping me for a little while, got my 2 handed ancient coldsword out smashing the fuck out of everything

the amount of effort that must of gone into making this must have been pretty immense

I haven't really gotten so into a game since my dreamcast days, where Skies of Arcadia and Jet Set Radio ruled my life. The level of detail and the sheer depth to the back story and lore is second to none.

Have you guys seen the "Making Of Skyrim" documentary? It's around 45 minutes long, and it shows interviews with some of the lead developers of the game, and really cool footage of them working in the studios, developing 3D models, recording dialogue and soundtrack, among other fun stuff. Highly recommended for pretty much anyone interested in the game.

Apparently the only way of getting a legitimate copy is to buy the ridiculously-overpriced "Collector's Edition" Skyrim box. The film is on torrent websites for those who didn't have the luxury of ordering the Skyrim C.E. (which I certainly didn't).

You should play Daggersfall, or Morrowind then.

Skyrim is laughable compared to it's predecessors. Compared to the elder scrolls of the past depth in Skyrim is like a puddle to the marianas trench

Last edited:
You should play Daggersfall, or Morrowind then.

Skyrim is laughable compared to it's predecessors. Compared to the elder scrolls of the past depth in Skyrim is like a puddle to the marianas trench

Ah c'mon man! :) We know.. but the thread's about Skyrim, no point living in nostalgia eh.. otherwise i would of never played anything but Ultima :p