• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Skyrim

With regard to the difficulty level, honestly for a game like TES, I'm not sure it matters so much. At least, for me, the joy in these games comes from making MY character powerful, and general role-playing rather than vanquishing enemies that have loads of HP and attack strength.

The default difficulty setting is really perfectly optimized. Poses enough of a genuine challenge to keep you on your toes, yet never crosses into frustratingly unfair territory. Every time you die, it's due to bad play on your part.

At least that gives me time to pick up a bag of weed, which is a gaming resource that has recently been depleted. =D
Yeah I haven't been smoking, and get real mad after a random monster kills me, because I always forget to save while im running around.

Yeah I haven't been smoking, and get real mad after a random monster kills me, because I always forget to save while im running around.

Haha this has happened to me far to many times that now my hand is never to far away from F5.

I've reached level 8 and am really enjoying this game. It's slightly dumbed down compared to previous Eldor Scrolls games (for example if your weighed down with goods the game still lets you move, just not run and also you now have this Fablesque cut sequence flourish when you slay an enemy). The usual glitches are there, I saw a mammoth float in the air, fall down then flop over and die.

But despite all this is still a magical game with a great atmosphere and a gripping story, with plenty of caves and dungeons to pull you away from the main quest.

Yeah can be a little glitchy at times but thats to be expected. Really good game. The Dragons are tough as fucking hell to kill especially if you fighting them alone. Having problems figuring out the Shouts aspect of the game. Haven't figured out how to fully unlock all three dragon words for 2 new shouts I've acquired yet.

Ya I don't quite get that either. I assume that you have to find more "word walls" to complete it but, maybe you just add more dragon souls.

In my usual TES playstyle I have already abandoned the main quest for the mages guild and then likely the dark brotherhood.

nsfw for spoliler
NSFW:
I have heard that in The Companions faction you can become a werewolf at some point

Yeah can be a little glitchy at times but thats to be expected. Really good game. The Dragons are tough as fucking hell to kill especially if you fighting them alone. Having problems figuring out the Shouts aspect of the game. Haven't figured out how to fully unlock all three dragon words for 2 new shouts I've acquired yet.
grey beards teach you shoutin' skillz

I have the game but have been putting off playing it until i get some long due work finished up, otherwise i might not ever get it done. Hoping tomorrow or tonight I can start it. It's just sitting there, waiting... waiting... soon...

i got up to level 12 and decided to reroll my guy. i was trying to play as an archer with light armor. falling back on one handed weapons and spells when my enemies drew too close. this was not a very effective strategy as i was getting owned everytime a bear or sabre cat found me. gonna go melee/spells with heavy armor this time. opening sequence of game is fucking baller

level 5 at the moment, just been to the top of the snowy mountain to learn the dragon shout and dragon sprint thing from the cloaked grey beard people

Just out of interest, what races and combat types are people playing as? I've gone for a high elf mage, with practically every perk invested into the destruction tree. Using magic in Skyrim is so much fun...Waay better than Oblivion. It's a very effective tactic for the most part. I can't let enemies get too close though since my health is low and I wear robes instead of armour.

Just out of interest, what races and combat types are people playing as?

I've chosen to go with a Wood Elf assassin/thief.. my sneak is up around 80 with all my other perks spread-out across the 'thief' tree. I can clear entire dungeons without ever been seen which is a lot of fun, my backstab is 30x normal damage with a dagger that has a small chance to kill instantly; so boss fights can be relatively easy or very difficult depending on if i can sneak around behind them. I'm really loving the whole assassin feel with the new death animations, i played a warrior role in Oblivion so this is a nice change.. my second play-through will probably be a Nord warrior focusing on the main questline.

Just out of interest, what races and combat types are people playing as? I've gone for a high elf mage, with practically every perk invested into the destruction tree. Using magic in Skyrim is so much fun...Waay better than Oblivion. It's a very effective tactic for the most part. I can't let enemies get too close though since my health is low and I wear robes instead of armour.

Dark Elf playing as a "battlemage" mostly destruction but, some conjuration, illusion, alteration and one handed. I started with light armor but, I am now going with no armor and just using spells to toughen me up. I'm only at level 9 but, I find that even low level destruction spells rape when dual wielded and after a couple well invested perks. I love the overhaul of the magic and how it works compared to Oblivion

im a level 9 nord. playing with light elvin armour, and rocking a bow like a sniper.

I've been trying to build up a jack of all trades guy. Gotta admit I picked some perks I now regret but they still come in handy. Lately I've been focusing on being a sword and shield guy. I like man to man combat. My guy can take on 3 or 4 bandits head on at once no prob even if one of them is a bandit chief. Oh and I'm an Imperial because IMO they are the most well balanced race.

As dispointed as I predicted I would be. MORROWIND IS STILL novaKING. Spells are way to strong. Fatigue drains way to fast. bows are under powered. acrobatics is gone so I can't jump off shit. Dialog options are few and far between. Many areas you can just take whatever you want from someones house. sloppily put together, Totally dumbed down. Killed the reason why I enjoyed it in the first place.