• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Skyrim

Just dealt with that business in markarth. On to the dark brotherhood quests.
Fuck the thieves guild, they just steal, and killing "isn't your way".

The dark brotherhood kidnapped me in my fucking sleep and immediately made me kill three people.
That, and if you talk to a mark before you kill them, it gives you the option of saying some seriously dark shit.

I went to kill a bard and told him to "sing me a song of fear and darkness".
Awesome.

Dark Brotherhood questline has glitched for me.

I'm starting over with a new character, because this one is fubar.

I think I waited just long enough to get a copy that fixed most glitches.
I'm still waiting to see this backwards flying dragon.

And markarth wasn't glitched, it just turns out you aren't supposed to just murder everyone.

Also, tambo, can't you just download the patches? Sounds like your version is real bad with glitches.

I'm on xbox.

I'm up to date on patches, but, for whatever reason (gameplay style, quest order, etc), I seem to be running into glitched quests all over.

Sooooo tempted to upgrade my PC.

The dark brotherhood gives you a horse.
It's jet black, has glowing red eyes, and plain and simple does not give one single fuck.
I got off it to kill a bear the other day, fucker charged ahead of me and killed it for me.

So then I put it to the test. It took three mammoths and one giant all attacking it at once to kill the fucker.
Took them a good five or six minutes to do it too.

Maybe I'm totally jaded on video games because the game should be enthralling given it has everything I could possibly want out of a game. Got to level 11 or something and got bored.. haven't turned it on since. Sigh.

The dark brotherhood gives you a horse.
It's jet black, has glowing red eyes, and plain and simple does not give one single fuck.
I got off it to kill a bear the other day, fucker charged ahead of me and killed it for me.

So then I put it to the test. It took three mammoths and one giant all attacking it at once to kill the fucker.
Took them a good five or six minutes to do it too.

Yeah that horse is bad ass.

Too bad I lost mine. I went into a cave on a quest and when I came out it was just gone. Thought it would come back eventually but it didn't. Still haven't found it.

In Oblivion, if you ever lost Shadowmere, he/she would return (very slowly) to the place you first received them, at Fort Farragut.

However, in Skyrim, Shadowmere will respawn in the location of death after 15-20 days. Tough luck if you don't know where it died.

Maybe I'm totally jaded on video games because the game should be enthralling given it has everything I could possibly want out of a game. Got to level 11 or something and got bored.. haven't turned it on since. Sigh.
No, it's okay. Skyrim sucks compared tot the other games.

Eh, I've always been a sucker for games like this.
All the grand theft autos, gun, ultima online.
Basically any game where I can just spend hours exploring and doing nothing.

That being said, I think I did something that everybody knows about and is secretly pissed over.
I've tried like 5 times to get married, and either the bitch just doesn't show, or I tell her to follow me, lead her to the wedding, and she tells me she never wants to see me again and all my wedding guests tell me to "just leave" and some other mean shit.

Could have to do with all the people I've killed. Not sure.

Could have to do with all the people I've killed. Not sure.

Hmmm that is interesting. I haven't tried to get married yet in the game but my brother has and he didn't seem to face this problem. Probably a glitch as I don't think there is a reputation thing in the game.

It's either bugged, or it's because I have a bounty on me wherever I go and instead of paying it, I bribe the guard to look the other way.

Might also explain why the companions are acting weird as hell.
They see me and draw their swords like they're going to attack, but I'm the harbinger of the companions.
So instead, they just force dialogue. As if I'd walked up to them and pressed "talk to so and so".

It's creepy proposing to a chick that keeps running up on you and drawing her sword.

got married. shot my wife with a bow and sliced and diced with a knife.

good times.

Bout to try one last time to get married.
My only thought is that I was still wearing that amulet at my wedding.

If it doesn't work, it's either glitched or because I'm a wanted murderer.
If so, back to wandering around and getting destruction to 100.

I'm really only trying to get married so Lydia has someone to hang out with at my house.
She's kinda like my pet that I just keep around.

If you've accidentally killed a relative of the person you're trying to marry (and been witnessed doing so), that can sometimes cause a glitch.

^it is entirely possible that I have.
At the end of the dark brotherhood questline you begin "dark brotherhood forever", and it just sends you on endless missions to kill random NPCs.
Sometimes it gives me the target and it's immediately completed, because I've already killed that person just randomly.

On level 20 at the moment, save file is around 7mb, starting to get a bit laggy in places

this Mace of molag bal thing is pretty badass

2059957-2011_11_15_00001.jpg

I was just about to go get that after looking up the specs.
Then I read that you have to go into markarth.

I don't have the best luck with that hold.
Can't even get near it without people trying to arrest me.