• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

mix butalbital and methadone

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeymackpot

Bluelighter
I have a little methadone I was going to take and was wondering if adding butalbital would make the feeling even better. I get the methadone in liquid form so im not exactly sure the mgs but the butalbital pills are 50mgs each and have about 7 of them. Any help with this would be appreciated. The question i am trying to ask i guess is would these two drugs compliment eachother nicely or potentiate the mthadone?

Taking sedatives on top of methadone is one of the easiest ways to accidentally overdose, I would strongly advise against it.

Yep, worst idea ever. And if you don't know the dose of methadone you're planning to take, that's no a very smart idea either. Be very careful, if you're not tolerant to opiates, taking an unknown dose of methadone is a sure way to die.

I have been taking methadone now fro about 5 months and have developed a good tolerance. I have found out it is 60mg of methadone which is slightly lower than what i normally take. So would this be a potentiation if taken togehter? I have read that the butalbital will actually decrease the effects of the methadone and make the effects go away faster. Is this true? Also i am very careful when mixing sedatives and any opiate so I know the dangers.

Well, barbiturates are enzyme inducers, so yes, they can decrease the effects of another downer taken together. That said, it's still not a good idea to use butalbital with methadone, moreso than benzos as barbiturates are much stronger.

Given that you have a tolerance to methadone, you *can* try to mix the two drugs, but be very careful with the dosing. Disclaimer: if you don't have a tolerance to BOTH, don't do it.

Better idea to forget about the butalbital. Barbs + methadone just sounds terribly unsafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.