View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Eating San Pedro Cactus

motiv311

Bluelighter
Hi, Today my 24" piece of San Pedro Arrived in the mail. Originally I was planning to do an extraction or at least a reduction to a potent tea. I prepared 12" of cacti , by cutting into star shapes... but THEN I decided they weren't so bad, So I've just eaten 12" after peeling the outter layer (just barely) and getting out the spines.

I've read that certain parts of the cacti can make you nauseas, So i'm a little worried, I've jsut barely consumed the 12" and now I have class for 1 1/2 hours, and then I come home. I think It won't kick in that strong untill two hours from now , but Im not quite certain?

Has anyone just strait eaten the cactus? this is my first time.

muppet !! don't get high your not in a safe place to be high

I find cactus kicks in within an hour. I know synthetic mescaline takes a while, so I guess it's the other alkaloids at play.

Most people throw up anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about which bit you ate.

I don't know whether 12" will be enough to get you past threshold. Not sure whether fresh cactus causes much nausea but dried cacti makes you vomit up your own arsehole.

I daresay by now you've found out either way. But I reckon you should be fine to go to a class, just... it's not the best place to be while tripping. Fortunately the come-up is very gradual and gentle, and you haven't taken that much, so if you're going to do it on anything, san pedro is the one. In future, I'd make sure to have a full two days set aside - one for the trip, one for recovery - where you don't have to do anything.

How the hell did you manage to eat that much san pedro? In the specimens I have acquired, 12'' cuttings are 3-5 pounds...

I didn't break through the threshold.... Felt great and invigorated though! I left class a bit early to go "bouldering" with a friend.

I only ate 2/3rds of it... then I blended the last 1/3 heated it with equal parts water for 15mins and strained with some panty hose... I think if I would've manned up and just ate the hold thing, I could've broken through.

I experienced virtually no nausea... just a hint now and again. I found chewing on the skin like a cud while hiking seemed to give the most effect.

I have another 12" cutting... I'm gonna wait a few days and eat 100 percent of it, minus the the prickers and let you guts know how it goes.

stuff actually tastes pretty good! Really squashy and sappy. like bell pepper and cucumber kinda

Isnt it the outer layer that has the highest concentrations of mescaline? You really should have researched this a bit more beforehand but I have done less than sensible things with drugs in the past too.... Im just finding it hard not to call you an idiot right now... no offence.

Isnt it the outer layer that has the highest concentrations of mescaline? You really should have researched this a bit more beforehand but I have done less than sensible things with drugs in the past too.... Im just finding it hard not to call you an idiot right now... no offence.

Quoted for truth.
I'm 100% with this. --^

Umm ? ok ? What did I do that was not sensible ? I researched plenty... and the traditional way to do san pedro is just to eat it. I felt fine , I could have gone to work or school and been just dandy. I hate how BL is turning into a buncha prissy know it all dorks who just wanna prove how smart they are. Offense is spelled with an S too.

Umm ? ok ? What did I do that was not sensible ? I researched plenty... and the traditional way to do san pedro is just to eat it. I felt fine , I could have gone to work or school and been just dandy. I hate how BL is turning into a buncha prissy know it all dorks who just wanna prove how smart they are. Offense is spelled with an S too.

Depends on the variation of the language you speak.
Offence is spelt correctly here in Australia, and I assume the UK too.

Anyways, not looking to get into an argument about your other text, but was wishing to put that statement forward.

^Lol

Yeah, it's the deep green outer layer, under the waxy coat, outside of the core, that is the desirable part.

For me ive done a cut less that 12" & just did a quick tea extract. Took about 30 minutes instead of the long 4 hour extraction & it did pull me head over heels. Took a little over than an hour for the come up. Idk how u find it good tasting??? It tastes like complete crap... Even with the tea extract. I just dont understand yd u consume this before class?

Because I was already planning to bail out of that class early anyway, to go hiking.... Half of life is just showing up right? (It was "guitar making: woodworking) and it was a 4 1/2 hour class. I was only planning to attend the first hour lecture portion and bail anyway, and I had nothing else to do that day.

So I guess I mightve got weak san pedro. You can get anything on amazon . com these days. for my next 12" should I just eat the whole thing, inside and out? Even though its quite weak in the center?

12" should be basic amount for breaking threshold, especially with a newbie to mescaline.

I had a similar first experience with mescaline. I recommend finding someone who has several mescaline trips under their belt and learning from them. I think you'll find that this person will be able to guide you to the best trip.