• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

"Corepharma" Adderall ?? WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluntedskier

Bluelighter
Alright so I've tried my fair share of different types of Adderall and Dex (and vyvanse)... and never had a reaction to any amount like I had tonight.

Planned on trying to get some work done, I do not take adderall/dex regularly, but I take it pretty often though - 60-90mg of Vvyanse is a nice super focus dose for me, and 30-50mg Adderall (IR or XR crushed).

I was in Lisbon, Portugal for the weekend and got into an unfortunate situation where 4 parts of my cheek/face were broken (jumped outside a club early morning by North Africans...) and I have been put on Endoset (perk 5/325), Pseudoephedrine (and anti biotics, other non-psychoactive stuff). I only have taken 7.5mg of the Oxy today and I take klonapin 3mg a day (heavy heavy benzo tolerance doesn't weigh in as much of a factor).... but still felt real tired, probably mostly the jetlag... Going in for the first steps before surgery tomorrow and wanted to get shit done one last night before I'll be all doped out for a while,

To the point: I just got four 10mg adderall IR pills tonight and split them with my girlfriend. Not expecting much from 20mg of IR adderall, but haven't had any amps recently (just 90mg Vvyanse on the plane on the way in).... but I've taken orange 20mg IRs and same with crushed up 20mg XRs... and even 2x 'normal' scored blue adderall IR and felt a consistant way: mildly euphoric, focused, confident etc just doesn't last too long.

HOWEVER these addies.... came with NONE of these positive effects. Instead, as soon as I got home, I began to become extremely fatigued for a while, almost falling asleep on the couch (??). I have never heard of anyone having a paradoxal effect from amphetamines....

So I looked up and found out they are "Corepharma" or "cor" brand adderall and found a whole lot of hate towards this generic brand... seems like it is not just me?

Now the unnatural fatigue has passed for the most part, but I just feel slightly uncomfortable, little bit jittery and anxious... any 'focus' I temporarily have now is clouded and not how I normally feel. Better off sober, without anything.

I've always believed the fact there CAN be at least a tiny bit of difference in generics with drugs... but hardly anything as profound as this!

Maybe anyone else has some insight on my observations?

Just glad I didn't take my normal -40-50mg dose of this crap brand!! Also I pretty much ruled out interacting drugs I am taking because my girlfriend noted the same basic things.. as though maybe not as pronounced as the effects on me... but then again I took Psedo, kpin and Oxy too.

Face is hurting a little bit so I am just going to take another Perk and hope it somehow synergizes and I feel better/get some pain relief. Never really mixed Addy + Oxy but then again these are such tiny amounts and this adderall is hardly working so I'm not too concerned.

I've actually had a similar experience before with this generic brand of Adderall. The come up seems to take a few hours. Let me know if anything changes!

Good luck.

It wasn't the generic brand of pills that caused this to happen. In my opinion it sounds like you experienced a paradoxical reaction from the adderall. It's not horribly uncommon and does indeed happen.

Of course the other stuff you were taking might have had some bearing on the way the stimulants affected you, whether or not you ruled it out, as well.

My point is, the generic pills are the exact same potency as their brand name counterparts. There is not even a tiny bit of difference. Whatever the bottle says the dosage is, that's what the dosage is. Any perceived difference in potency/efficacy is all in your head.

Last edited:
I don't really believe there is a major difference between the brands. I believe this solely because Adderall is a drug which produces rapid tachyphylaxis. I have found that d-amp and d-methamp don't produce tachyphylaxis at the same rate Adderall does.

I've seen and heard of a lot of people taking a *lot* of Adderall, whereas with d-amp for instance, there are less people who take the dosages to extremes although they most certainly do exist.

Yeah, I dunno maybe I'm wrong then. It just ALWAYS seems to be a back and forth on this general subject (generic brands vs brand).... without an actual conclusion.

I've felt the same with every other perscript I've ever tried, but not this one.... Also if you search the terms on Google, there seems to be a lot of people who have experienced the same thing. Who knows..? I feel like there is truth to both sides of the argument.

And kind of off topic... but ya, dexamphetamine alone (not adderall) works sooo much better for me..... the other 3 amp salts just seem to bring out the effects that make me hate the drug: anxiety, jitteryness, severely worsened crashes, depression etc.

I don't care what anyone says Vvyanse is THE best for these so called 'pro-drugs'...... I've argued with very bright friends for long periods of time and concluded that they all just are drawn to the "cracked out speedy high" that the combination of all the 4 salts produce and won't admit it.... I don't have any understanding of what the point of any of the other amp salts are for the purpose of actually focusing, studying, ADHD, motivation etc..

Most people would probably laugh at this but one of the best drug-experience days I've ever had was from taking 150mg of Vvyanse (after eating a dank meal) in Paris @ ile du saint louis on the river , perfect day out and just being SOO euphoric, but also the most calm, collected, confident and overall happy I've ever been from sitting at a cafe writing all day.... With a bottle of wine and just a light amount of benzos there was hardly any crash, and did not feel that "dead, cracked out, worthless" feeling the next day.

as opposed to me taking 60mg of adderall IR (spread out or at once) and feeling amazing but then just absolutely feeling like shit the next day, no matter how many benzos I have.

D-amp = $$$

We don't usually allow generic vs branded threads, as there is usually absolutely no difference (with a few exceptions eg different types of fentanyl patch) - I don't know much about these different Adderall brands at all, being from the UK, but I would be extremely surprised if there was a noticable difference. Some formulations can release the drug quicker than others, but if it's a genuine registered medication, there should be the same amount of medication in it as it says on the label..

I'm going to close this, but if anyone would like to make a case for reopening feel free to shoot me a pm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.