• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

NMDA antagonists for anxiety?

So the answer is rather that one simply could not achieve sufficient concentration of Mg ions in the CNS to yield the desired effect.

ebola

Why are some stuck on DXM?

DXM is a terrible drug to use in this manner.

Understand that DXM is not doing what most of you think... I have some issues with this drug:

-Barely binds to NMDA receptors in low to low-medium recreational doses. (What this whole thread was talking about. Heavier doses would be impossible to roam on.)

-Antagonizes the nicotinic receptors incredibly strongly. (I would find very mood un-stabilizing.)

-Binds heavily to sigma type 1 receptor. (May be a good thing in depressed individuals. Might be the reason for "mind fucking" in larger doses. Might be the main reason for the "moment of clarity" it gives in light doses.)

-It blocks the re-uptake of serotonin very strongly. (Would mean watching what else you might intake during the day. Becoming necessary to prevent serotonin overload.)

-It blocks the re-uptake of norepinephrine strongly. (Again, would mean watching what else you might intake during the day. Becoming necessary to prevent hypertensive crisis.)

DXO is the real answer...

This is like using opioids for anxiety

Oh, by the way

Never underestimate the power of the placebo effect, and the mind in general.

I heard IV Mg used for anxiety but i wouldn't want to ingest a laxative everyday for anxiety. I heard of sigma agonists being used for anxiety tho... I can say from personal experience that PCP in sub "P-Hole" doses is by far the most powerful anxiolytic i ever had and it can last quite long so there is something to be said for that however PCP is also a strong sigma agonist and DARI and I personally believe it has effects on hormone levels to some degree, makes me feel more masculine. Brain damage is definately a concern for long term daily use but not sure if small doses are that damaging?

Effective? Or did you mean effective but not a long term solution, in which case it's pretty similar to using benzos for anxiety..

Not a long term solution

Nor are either even used off label for anxiety

I heard IV Mg used for anxiety but i wouldn't want to ingest a laxative everyday for anxiety. I heard of sigma agonists being used for anxiety tho... I can say from personal experience that PCP in sub "P-Hole" doses is by far the most powerful anxiolytic i ever had and it can last quite long so there is something to be said for that however PCP is also a strong sigma agonist and DARI and I personally believe it has effects on hormone levels to some degree, makes me feel more masculine. Brain damage is definately a concern for long term daily use but not sure if small doses are that damaging?

I have to agree about PCP. Only light doses are required.

I think it has the perfect qualities for this type of application. It's half-life is perfect. The sheer anti-depressant power is staggering. Stress will physically "float off of your shoulders."

I feel weirdly "normal" on the right dose. My mind that is clouded with "what if" thoughts, clears until I am ready to think about something.

This is a once a day thing. Just a light dose to "ease" out of things.

^precisely, it's kinda like what Adderall does for me in school but on a grander personality level. Like I still retain my creativty yet all weird useless "junk" thoughts disappear and my daily/life goals suddenly seem clear and with in reach, i almost feel manic but it doesn't get out of hand and I never experience any crash off it either, it just tapers off. I've been in all kinds of crazy situations(not necessarily as a result of being on the drug), but situations that should give most people a pretty big dose of stress and anxiety and felt totally calm and relaxed the whole time, like everything was going to work out. Neither ketamine nor DXM have ever had this effect or to nowhere near the degree

You think you know what being slammed with NMDA antagonism really feels like...

...One word...

...Phencyclidine...

For harm reduction... BLAH BLAH

Nitrous oxide.

Methoxetamine is quite the contender in that feild.

But yes, anxiolisis is what you make of it. The klonopin under my tongue helps me when I haven't had it in a few days... Otherwise it's commonplace. No immediate reservations to be made.

N20 is a mild euphoriant with dissociative properties. Nothing concrete or medically viable unless via an o2 feed.

Sounds like dicksizing. I'm sure the kid knows about disociatives.

PCP is a peice of shit compared to ketamine/methoxetamine/dxm combinations and a neurotoxic one at that.

Not to mention the combinations with phenethylamine psychs/tryp psychs to facilitate the experience further.

I would like to acknowledge the fact that neurotoxicity of NMDA antagonist can be prevented with several classes of other drugs... That is even if they do kill neurons with light usage in humans... We aren't rats and guinea pigs.

If you want to call PCP neurotoxic... ALL NMDA antagonist are neurotoxic by some standard. We are not talking about recreational doses here anyway...

Now, I was referring to the sheer potency... How is that "dick-sizing"?

I didn't down M-ket in any way... I love all NMDA antagonist besides DXM.

I can't even come close to agreeing with you about DXM... Now that is the prime example of a "shitty" drug. It's dirty.

The key to PCP is... Do not be a dummy and smoke wet off the street pre-made. Who knows what solvent they used. Get powder A-dust and a bottle of acetone to mix it down yourself... This ensures you get the cleanest mix possible.

PCP is tried and true in the neurotoxic/mania inducing field.

2/3 meo pcp/y are hardly as mania inducing.

You sound like a personal fan. We've a lot of underground rappers here and they love dust. It's fucking pretty bad.

This is coming from a man who's personal favorite is ketamine and other analogs. Just admit pcp is a primitive analog of the newer disociatives. You might sleep better.

Don't smoke dust is the key.

Facts.

Addendum:

DXM:

Shitty, yes. Over the counter, yes. As detrimental as leak? Not nearly.

Admit the meo analogues have more promise and give up your dust. It's a dinosaur drug, like STP. Belladonna, Datura, bananadine, shit like that. Why the ego about it?

No ego dude. I am in Houston... You think I don't know about underground rapper dustheads?

I'm not a heavy user. I only use it on weekends... I spray it on rolling tobacco. Never smoke it wet.

PCP in excess is where the mania sets in... I know this secondhand. (My friend who bought some wet and did not control his intake. He got pumped full of Haldol at the hospital.) Why are you so geared to getting on my case? If you feel disrespected... My bad bro. I was having fun, bullshiting.

No puns ever intended...

Anyhow...

I agree hands down that there are way better analogs. But, access is the whole problem for me. Might as well be non-accesable... I personally don't want to take chances ordering stuff from "dodgy at best" internet sources...

Old is wonderful... I love the shit out of ketamine. That is something to keep away from my ass.

Very rarely do people go bananas around here. It's usually some washed up kid OD'ing that is walking around ass naked...

AZD6765? Anyone has any info on this, it is currently in trial...

Is this the same compound as the one called Delucemine?/QUOTE]

No, It is a new drug that is supposedly a weaker NMDA antagonist with good oral bioavailibility.

But, that is all I know and could find.

Some interesting discussion going on here...

I would just take memantine but its not cheap even ordered online and I experienced respiratory depression at 40mg/day - I suppose I could probably get by on 20-30mg a day though.

Its certainly cheaper than the 115 I'm paying for 56 Teva generic Valium online...

EDIT: And I still keep contemplating DXO from SA but I just don't know about trying to order anything from them since they are an above-board "legit" chemical supplier... DXO isn't scheduled but I would rather not draw any attention to me.

Also why would DXO be perfect? Doesn't it only have a 3-4 hour half-life?

I would be curious to see any papers that compare DXM HBr to DXM Polisterex in terms of metabolism, affinity, etc. I'm not the first person to report DXM being good for anxiety and I am extremely sensitive to anything that messes with norepinephrine - when I was taking Delsym my resting heart rate actually DROPPED rather than increasing and my social anxiety was alleviated better than it is with a few beers and with no cognitive effects noted.

Last edited:
I don't know about DXM.

I find myself needing a constant low level of alcohol to ward of certain stimulatory effects. It feels jagged sometimes. Like it is making me speed up in all the wrong ways.

About Mg++: My wife has been on 2g MgSO4 IV every hour for six weeks now. She reports cognitive and memory disturbances, somnolence, slowed breathing, and derealization at high doses. All of these effects clear up in minutes when she's given a break from it. From what she describes, there's absolutely no antidepressive merit in magnesium at psychotropic doses.

About DXM: I took this at 60mg for almost six months. I took it with white grapefruit juice to ensure the lion's share was converted to DXO, and with 200mg theanine. I found the stimulating effects fairly useful and sometimes euphoric, though not always. The opposite of euphoric was 'edgy', but tinged with a devil-may-care sort of detachment, so unlike the sharp, focused, obsessive anger that the flip side of amphetamines could bring. Loved the effortless social confidence and, increased ability to handle stress, and upbeat positivity that I could practically turn on like a lightswitch. Hated the word-finding difficulty, decreased motivation to write, and occasional mania and derealization. I give this drug a B- for treating anxiety related to social phobia. I think it's a good one for people, like me, who found an anxiolytic benefit to stimulants, but can't tolerate the considerable side effects of stimulants. I imagine it's not nearly as good a choice for someone whose anxiety is provoked, not relieved, by stimulants.

About Memantine: I've got to get me some of that and try it.

MXE is excellent for anti-anxiety, and the afterglow from it leaves me feeling pretty free from anxiety for weeks on end. used to get anxiety for days after stimulant use on the weekends, but after doing MXE on and off for awhile i dont seem to get that anxious anymore

I found Mxe worked for anxiety, its a proper confidence booster too!

Definately