Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Misc. Natural Sources) - Experimenting - Harmless and Effective Herbal Ecstasy

Er hem...anyway....

I've found that pretty much no matter what I do, the mushrooms win in the end. Mushrooms are only sometimes unpleasant during the come-up but then once they manifest and your body is over the initial shock, there's pretty much nothing better, including MDMA itself. Not long ago I had some MDMA for the first time in several years. I tested it and it came out with the purest, most potent result I've ever witnessed. The roll was absolutely perfect, incredibly fun. Half way through, we started eating mushrooms and the buzz only got better. ~12 hours later when the MDMA should have LONG worn off and I should be coming down, I was feeling better from the psilocybin than I had from the MDMA all night! Case in point, psilocybin > MDMA. No different with my herbal concoction, which leads me to a slightly different strategy....

...make the come-up fun, stimulating, social and euphoric instead of anxious, introspective and sedating. Have the psychedelic effects of whatever medium you're using, mushrooms, mescaline, whatever, and just ease the come-up with pleasant, safe, natural compounds. Kratom and kanna do a great job at this, but what if there was something that just felt even more ecstasy-like? There is....

Phenylethylamine (or PEA). Found in chocolate and our bodies naturally, PEA is directly related (and somewhat parental) to some of our favorite recreational synthetics like 2C-E, 2C-I, and yep, you guessed it, MDMA! It sure feels like it too. In doses of ~700mg, I personally feel a rush come on that is almost indistinguishable from the come-up on the purest MDMA imaginable, with perhaps less euphoria. Read my trip report here for more insight: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ed-Ideal-for-rolling-when-rolling-isn-t-ideal

Granted, I have not yet combined PEA with mushrooms, so I have no idea the synergy. Also, to prolong the PEA effect, an MAOI must be introduced, I usually go with hordenine which is also a phenethylamine-stimulant derived from the mescaline cactus. It has seemed safe and short acting, and apparently reversible, so I don't anticipate big problems but I'd better micro-dose to be careful first.

In the end, I could see the following mixture as a potential candidate:

Kratom (adjust dose for tolerance)
Kanna (500-1000mg oral, tolerance doesn't seem to play a role)
Mushrooms (1-2g oral)
Cannabis (oral, or smoked after effects have manifested, adjust for tolerance)
Phenethylamine (500-1500mg oral, adjust for sensitivity and tolerance)
Hordenine (200mg oral)

Some adjustments will clearly need to be made for tolerance and sensitivity. I hear PEA tolerance develops rapidly but I haven't used it in succession enough to notice. Some folks are more or less sensitive to it as well, I've read about people scarfing down grams and feeling nothing. It's one of the fastest-broken-down compounds by MAO, so the slightest variances in body chemistry could be the difference in feeling 500mg w/o an MAOI and eating 3g w/ hordenine and not noticing anything. Also, all these different compounds and their resulting effects become apparent at different rates, and for the proper experience you may want certain effects in a certain order, make sense? For example:

1- PEA and hordenine hit first, producing that "something is happening" feeling, which turns into a "whoaaa....here we go!!!" rush. Environment intensifies, feelings of oneness and interactivity begin to burst into the user's consciousness, blast off!! No real euphoria yet, but all the expected alerts of a recreational stimulant that can feel euphoric in themselves.
2- Then the kratom and kanna start to take hold, synergizing with one and other, introducing real euphoria, calmness, warmness, satisfaction, that "Ughh wow I feel so good...." feeling. The desire to chat someone's ear off becomes overwhelming. Colors intensify even more, music becomes spacial and interesting, vision sharpens to a literal razor-sharp focus. You feel like you can cut the air with your laser eyes and cure world hunger in one swift movement.
3- While you're lost in the PEA rush and the kratom/kanna blanket, you will eventually notice colors have become more intense than you may have ever seen. Music sounds downright orgasmic, your body is tingling with pleasure and feels like it's in a Jacuzzi tub, you're seeing tracers and maybe even just saw a swirling pattern, and find yourself closing your eyes a lot and diving deep into the moment when you realize....oh yeah!! The shrooms! As everything else comes and goes, the mushrooms really take hold and deliver an immersive, stimulating, euphoric experience that you could simply continue to re-dose on all weekend if you please!!! Get up, go to work on Monday and laugh at all the "I'll drink you under the table" types as you run circles around them. :)

So perhaps consuming all these compounds in a manner than ensures they all hit in the desired sequence would be ideal. It could be a several-step process, like down this 5Hr Energy bottle full of extracts now, down this other one full of different extracts 20 minutes after, etc..

You're gonna get withdrawals when you stop using kratom man, at twice a day. And then using it regularly at all will produce withdrawals thereafter. I used it even more than you (for many years) and they were the worst opiate withdrawal ever. But even when I used it twice a day for months and then when I stopped the first time due to running out, I was an anxious, restless mess for 4 days.

You're gonna get withdrawals when you stop using kratom man, at twice a day. And then using it regularly at all will produce withdrawals thereafter. I used it even more than you (for many years) and they were the worst opiate withdrawal ever. But even when I used it twice a day for months and then when I stopped the first time due to running out, I was an anxious, restless mess for 4 days.

Off-topic, and this gets discussed/argued/beaten-to-death in the kratom mega-thread...to simply put this to bed, I will say this: In my own personal experience, from using kratom in the same dose and frequency for upwards of 5 years, the "withdrawals" I have experienced from stopping cold-turkey have been limited to minor insomnia/restlessness, cravings, boredom, watery eyes, and fatigue/lack of motivation, all of which are nearly completely gone by day 2, and insignificant by day 3, and this is the extent of my factual knowledge on this subject. If that's worse than heroin, then I need to start on heroin immediately! :) Just one off-topic question and then I'm done, but what was your opiate experience before you started using kratom?

Back on topic, I had another trial run with the PEA. We found a great local EDM show going on with all sorts of circus acts and such, so we got ready to go and I grabbed one ~200mg hordenine capsule and about five ~700mg PEA caps. Before entering the club, we took some pulls of whiskey and smoked a bowl of cannabis and I also had kratom and kanna earlier in the evening. At the event I swallowed the hordenine and one PEA, and about 30 minutes later I didn't feel much so I swallowed another PEA. Almost INSTANTLY I feel that intense rushing come-up, just as strong as ever but this time was IMMENSELY euphoric, I simply could not tell the difference between this and MDMA, aside from the almost complete non-existence of any psychedelic effects (aside from the visual sharpening). I saw other people on the dance floor clearly on drugs, and I felt like I was probably higher. I kept closing my eyes and drifting to a cascade of buzzing euphoria over my whole body. There were little bouts of nausea, but they passed quickly and gave way to even more euphoria. I had a beer in my hand and very quickly lost interest in it as it only made me feel more nauseous. I danced the night away and kept popping another PEA as I felt the last dose plateau, and they would hit me in succession reliably as I took them, producing a strong rush every dose. The nausea got pretty gnarly for a couple minutes at the peak of each come-up, but always passed quickly and opened the flood gates for euphoria.

I'm inclined to say the search is over. I would still rather explore more natural options and use compounds in their raw, plant forms, however these PEA experiences are glowing way too bright to ignore. My biggest complaint with the PEA is how it doesn't last long enough, and I have found that simply continuing to pop more PEA will indeed keep the buzz going pleasantly. You just HAVE to keep moving otherwise you will feel anxious and nauseous. By the time we left, I was battling another bout of nausea but as soon as we got outside to the fresh air and were walking, I felt great again. Got home feeling amazing, slept great, woke up still feeling kind of stimulated and in a great mood, walked a 4 mile hike the next morning on ~4 hours sleep and felt fantastic, no feelings of drainage or hangover whatsoever. This stuff feels very non-toxic.

Anyone else try this?

Last edited:
Guessing no one is really reading this anymore. Let me know if anyone still cares, I'll keep updating.

I love this thread SS I remember the original years ago! You are a gift to the BL community. I will definitely try some PEA. I've been fucking around with kratom lately. I will try this PEA I'm actually looking for new drugs\supplements to take. I'm having my quarter-life crisis and I feel like I haven't tried\done enough drugs at this point in my life. Funny my parents always said no one regrets not taking drugs. If I could go back idda went much harder when I was younger and cleaned up sooner.

Last edited:
I love this thread SS I remember the original years ago! You are a gift to the BL community. I will definitely try some PEA. I've been fucking around with kratom lately. I will try this PEA I'm actually looking for new drugs\supplements to take. I'm having my quarter-life crisis and I feel like I haven't tried\done enough drugs at this point in my life. Funny my parents always said no one regrets not taking drugs. If I could go back idda went much harder when I was younger and cleaned up sooner.

Aww thank you :) I'll keep 'er goin' then!

I haven't had PEA again since my last post but definitely will again soon. I finally got my hands on a quantity of really good mushrooms, so I can start integrating them into my experiments again. I want to try this combo very soon.

I've also begun experimenting with Noopept and PhenylPiracetam with CDP-Choline, neither of which are yet to give me a discernible effect, however according to some people's reports, these could be a great addition for the stimulation, social lubrication and thought/speech fluidity, as well as color and music perception. One thing I remember really appreciating on MDMA is the way your thoughts seem to just flow through you like water flowing through a freshly cleaned pipe, everything just seems so clear and easy to understand or learn, and nothing you can't wrap your mind around. Some folks report this type of effect using nootropics, so I'm seeing what they may have to offer! I haven't been using CDP-Choline with the Noopept and PhenylPiracetam until yesterday, and never took all three together until today....oddly enough today is the first time I thought I felt some kind of shift in perception this morning. Certain sounds that I hear every day (like the "3rd floor" voice recording in the elevator at work, and a Guns n Roses live set I'm extremely familiar with) sounded slightly different. I can't put my finger on how different, but it was certainly clearer. I'm almost certain this was the nootropics.

In addition to the nootropics, I've been doing a ton of reading about cognitive enhancers because not only are they safe, but can often be neuroprotective from things like alcohol damage. Like I mentioned, I absolutely love the hyper-focus and wakeful stimulation I feel on MDMA, so the closer to this I can get using safe, legal, and mostly natural sources, the better. I'm looking into mushrooms such as Lion's Mane as well. Just the right combo of cognitive enhancers and nootropics have been reported to occasionally deliver 'amphetamine-like stimulation' with the negative sides. One particular person I read about was experimenting to replace his daily Adderall dose with a stack of nootropics and sups, and apparently succeeded with a stack that produced "indistinguishable effects".

Hopefully this weekend there will be some show that I can attend to test my combinations in a somewhat-consistently intense party setting.

Definitly keep thread open! It's interesting stuff, just read the whole thread and it was a good read. As far as mescaline goes it's an awesome time man, the most enjoyable drug experience I've ever had. I've never laughed so hard or so much. Tears streaming down my face cause I can't stop laughing . Didn't get any paranoia/anxiety, the cleanest psychadelic I've ever tried and the only one I'd ever do again. It doesn't turn you "inside out" like LSD and shrooms, an epic experience...

Your very right Seatle Stranger about timing your drugs. That's the hardest part of any combo. For instance I notice that caffeine, then kratom, then an hour or two, then a beer is a nice nice buzz. But if I had that beer right with the kratom I'd throw up green bubbles all over my toilet for sure!

Definitly keep thread open! It's interesting stuff, just read the whole thread and it was a good read. As far as mescaline goes it's an awesome time man, the most enjoyable drug experience I've ever had. I've never laughed so hard or so much. Tears streaming down my face cause I can't stop laughing . Didn't get any paranoia/anxiety, the cleanest psychadelic I've ever tried and the only one I'd ever do again. It doesn't turn you "inside out" like LSD and shrooms, an epic experience...

Yeah mescaline is wonderful, beautiful stuff, so clean and glowing, I love it. :) I'm slowly working on a trip report with mescaline and a camping trip from recently, hopefully I'll finish it.

I absolutely love the hyper-focus and wakeful stimulation I feel on MDMA

Wow, MDMA produces anything but focus in me, I get sedated from pure MDMA and it makes me feel less there. Add a bit of a dopaminergic stimulant and that changes.

Mixture - BK-2c-b, Nitracaine, AMT, ethylphenidate, methoxphenidine

Hey Buddy. Xorkoth. Just taken just under 100mg of bk-2c-b with a little proper nitracaine. Got another 100mg if it doesn't work. Also got a sma amount of ephlyphenidate for extra stimulation plus methoxphenidine to ease things at the end. Have drunk a little booze. You know I can handle my psychedelics. Is this an ok combo from what you know of me? Can I add 50mg of AMT safely? Would appreciate your knowledgable and experienced advice. Thank you x

Last edited:
I don't think you should add AMT, definitely not... I think that could be quite dangerous, I think it's very likely going to be quite dangerous on top of the other things. As for the other stuff, you know you best I hope, I certainly don't. Sounds on the risky side with all those stimulating drugs, but maybe it's fine for you.

I got through it with all that stuff fine. It was actually great. But I wouldn't recommend taking the risk to others. As you say, too many stimulating compounds together.

Hey Buddy. Xorkoth. Just taken just under 100mg of bk-2c-b with a little proper nitracaine. Got another 100mg if it doesn't work. Also got a sma amount of ephlyphenidate for extra stimulation plus methoxphenidine to ease things at the end. Have drunk a little booze. You know I can handle my psychedelics. Is this an ok combo from what you know of me? Can I add 50mg of AMT safely? Would appreciate your knowledgable and experienced advice. Thank you x

I'm really confused as to what that has to do with this thread? I'm using mostly natural sources for this combo, and anything "synthetic" that I might add is simply a synth version of a natural compound, like PEA.

I understand that. Not quite the right forum sorry. But all these drugs come from natural sources, some closer to others. WIll check I am posting in the right place in future. I was just seeking advice, and this page came up on auto. All the best xxx

I understand that. Not quite the right forum sorry. But all these drugs come from natural sources, some closer to others. WIll check I am posting in the right place in future. I was just seeking advice, and this page came up on auto. All the best xxx

No harm no foul! I won't say I'm not interested by these RC's you speak of, but generally synthetic substances just don't agree with me as well as naturals do.

I'm tempted to add phenibut to this mix, but that would tromp the whole 'natural' thing, even if it is harmless.

Not long ago I started experimenting with phenibut and I have to say, there are most certainly recreational entactogenic effects, strong ones! Once I hit a good dose, the effects I experienced were like the effects of MDMA but stretched out over an entire day, so not intense, no rush, not much of a HIGH but most certainly bursting with empathy, sexual energy, the desire to yap yap yap and an almost inhumanly positive outlook on the future, basically the best day ever. Then, that night in bed making love with my lady was absolute pure ecstasy, and better than MDMA in the sense that I actually was able to get it up :) MDMA turns me into a wet noodle, kinda frustrating when you're feeling those waves of insane sexual force. Phenibut provided almost similar sexual feelings, but with the added benefit of performance! I felt extremely "in control" for how horny I was too, whereas usually holding back the fireworks can prove to be a challenge even with my fiancee whom I've been with for 8 years.

The only problem is it takes a solid 4 hours to kick in and another several before there are any real manifestation of the euphoria. You feel 'effects' like anxiety prevention at the 3-4h mark, but I usually don't start feeling euphoric and happy until nearly a whole work day after my morning dose. It is pretty reliable though. In the morning, if I decide "tonight is going to be a romp night!" then I'll pop about 1200mg phenibut before work, and almost guaranteed by the time I get home I will be poking holes in my boxers.

See my trip report here about a phenibut/nootropic stack that provided the day of ecstasy that I spoke of: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-NooPept-Phenylpiracetam-CDP-Choline-EUPHORIA! I'm sure the other compounds had some contribution, possible the sulbutiamine because the euphoria definitely felt very dopaminergic.

The dose would simply have to be taken way, way earlier than the rest of the compounds. I'm curious how this mixes with PEA!

Last edited:
Phenibut would be basically the same the sleep walkers, it's the main thing in them. They do have GABA and caffeine too, but I can't imagine that makes much of a difference, well the caffeine a little.

I love your descriptions. =D It's definitely good for sex, no doubt.

Sleep Walker, hmm, interesting. All these "party pills" and "herbal E" things I see seem to be aiming in the direction I am, but just not doing it right, trying too much to capitalize, etc.. Regardless, I think phenibut is going to be a part of this whole thing simply because of the reliable effects I've been seeing. I still am yet to replicate that ecstatic day though, it feels like I just got lucky that time. Now all I seem to get is that 'anxiety prevention' where I feel like I just don't care enough about anything negative to become anxious about it.

Anyone have anything they're like to recommend?