• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

8mg Dilaudid (hydromorphone) vs 30mg oxy (oxycodone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inthehospital

Greenlighter
My pain management guy offered me the choice between those two options. I don't wanna bang the dilaudid so which should I choose. I just spent a month kicking h now I'm in the hospital for other reasons. What should I choose for oral administration.

30mg of Oxycodone is slightly more potent orally than 8mg Hydromorphone. But will it be IR or OxyContin?

Not sure if ir or oxy. I've been getting 15mg ir oxy then 4mg dilly every 4 hrs. Now I'm about to leave and he wants to know which I want. I love dilly but it has to be purdue 4 or 8, no generic and I gotta iv it. I've never had oxy so idk what to say

Take the oxy since you'll be more inclined to relapsing and IVing with the Dilaudid.

This is a dosage conversion question and is better suited for Basic Drug Discussion, I'll move it over there for ya.

OD --> BDD

No problem man.

In my opinion, I would go for the oxycodone, it is more effective orally, as opposed to hydromorphone (Dilaudid), which is basically worthless if you take it orally. I've taken 8mg hydromorphone orally and got no effect, but 2-3mg snorted hydromorphone was very effective (I had less of an opiate tolerance back then but the story still applies).

My pain management doc has prescribed me both 8mg Dilaudid and 30mg Oxycodone over the years and I must agree with previous posters, as an oral ROA, it's Oxy (ir) hands down. The oral bioavailability of hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is extremely low.

So to wrap up the story, I told the guy I changed my mind and the dillys didnt work for me. He said ok.are you sure and I told him yep. There was a screw up and they wrote 15s but my doc just said double up and we will write you a refill. I have to say I made the right choice. I got 60 it roxys and not only did it help with pain, I got a nice little nod going. Thanks bluelighters. Much appreciative

Excellent, glad we (well, not me personally, but we as in BDD) helped :)

Going to close this now but shoot me a pm if you have any further queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.