• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opana Crush-Resistant Formulation OPANA(R) and (R) ER

Actually I've never tried the ERs, and the last time I did any oxymorph, it was already in ampules. %)
Aren't those pills like a fraction of the size of your standard OxyC's (and even more potent by weight).

I agree btw, those are far too strong for most people to get their hands on them.

nah the ER opanas aren't all that small. They are the same shape but just a little smaller than a suboxone. I would compare an opana ER 20 to a real OC 80 all day. I actually think the IR ten mg opanas are about like a real OC 80, somewhere around there. Damn oxymorph already in ampules, now thats whats up. I hate going through the alcohol extraction method to shoot them but the finished product is worth it and looks just like water, its pure oxymorph when you do it because you have filtered out all of the cut from the pill. The first time you pull it up your like "damn man this stuff looks like the water i just squirted in there." Then you get a rush like you wouldn't believe from it.

I agree with you. I wouldn't let an intolerant user to IV oxymorphone. Also, another simple way to check if someone is high and it works every time and everyone knows this, just simply look in their eyes--the pupils never lie.

"Federal regulators approved a new, crush-resistant version of an Endo Pharmaceutical pain treatment which comes with patent protection until 2023, sending shares sharply higher before the market opened Monday."

"He also said he assumes Endo will switch the entire Opana ER franchise to the tamper-resistant version in the first half of next year, before the old formulation's U.S. patent protection expires Jan. 1, 2013."

None of this has anything to do with preventing abuse or protecting any-damn-body. All about the patents and $$$. We see it every damn time, with drugs from a purposeless bupe/naloxone
combinations, to the oxy transition and again here.
Sorry off topic but it's all just so transparent and frustrating.
/end rant

Yes I have confirmed this with Endo, My Pharmisist & my Doctor. Per my Pharmacy, and a direct email from Endo they claim the recall is because of dosage and bottle labeling no one would confirm or deny the reformulation to crush proof Opana ER 10, 20, 30 & 40 MG tabs.

Below you will find the email I received from ENDO:

to: confidential
cc: [email protected]
date: Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:44 PM
subject: FW: ENDO contact page
Thank you for contacting Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

We apologize for the short term supply disruption of our Opana line due to the issues at our contract manufacturer who needed to implement manufacturing process improvements. These improvements are intended to address rare instances of errors in the packaging of the tablets, potentially resulting in product mix-ups.
This temporary supply disruption is not related to the efficacy or safety of these products.

We started shipping the Opana 10MG; Opana 20MG and Opana 30MG yesterday to our wholesalers and will continue to release and ship the product now in hopes of having all the stores supplied within the next few weeks.
We do not have a release date yet on the Opana 40MG but we could be releasing this strength to ship at any time.

You may also contact our Opana Pharmacy Locator at (877) 498-3869 to assist you with finding a pharmacy in your area with product.

I hope this was helpful in some way and should you have further questions, please feel free to contact Endo Customer Service at 1-800-462-3636.

Sincerely,
Endo Customer Service
800-462-3636

SADLY, I can confirm that the Opana ER pills have been "reformulated" with "New NDC and Tablet Appearance". Instead of being octagonal and rounded, the new ones are simply round and concave on each side, with the consistency of a gum completely through. For anyone who used to like the way the old formulation smelled when broken down, you are going to be severely disappointed. Unless someone has worked out a process that separates the active ingredients from the gummy gel-like substance on the new Opana ER, you will not be getting the powder you did previously via the traditional methods (crushing, cutting, shaving, grinding, filing...nothing). At best, all you will get are multiple smaller gum-like pieces, but still nothing that can be broken down to a powder. And all you will get from a microwave is a warm gum-like substance. They really did a number on these. IF ANYONE FIGURES OUT A WAY TO WORK WITH THE NEW "REFORMULATED" OPANA ER, AND SEPARATE THE POWDER FROM THIS GUM-LIKE SUBSTANCE THAT KEEPS IT FROM SMELLING GOOD...PLEASE POST YOUR FINDINGS AND LET ME KNOW! I'm sure this month was a big let down for a lot of people...but usually, where there is a will, there is a way (and I know there's no lack of will). <<<<< Uuuuggghh! >>>>> <<<<< Uuuuggghh! >>>>> <<<<< Uuuuggghh! >>>>>

SADLY, I can confirm that the Opana ER pills have been "reformulated" with "New NDC and Tablet Appearance". Instead of being octagonal and rounded, the new ones are simply round and concave on each side, with the consistency of a gum completely through. For anyone who used to like the way the old formulation smelled when broken down, you are going to be severely disappointed. Unless someone has worked out a process that separates the active ingredients from the gummy gel-like substance on the new Opana ER, you will not be getting the powder you did previously via the traditional methods (crushing, cutting, shaving, grinding, filing...nothing). At best, all you will get are multiple smaller gum-like pieces, but still nothing that can be broken down to a powder. And all you will get from a microwave is a warm gum-like substance. They really did a number on these. IF ANYONE FIGURES OUT A WAY TO WORK WITH THE NEW "REFORMULATED" OPANA ER, AND SEPARATE THE POWDER FROM THIS GUM-LIKE SUBSTANCE THAT KEEPS IT FROM SMELLING GOOD...PLEASE POST YOUR FINDINGS AND LET ME KNOW! I'm sure this month was a big let down for a lot of people...but usually, where there is a will, there is a way (and I know there's no lack of will). <<<<< Uuuuggghh! >>>>> <<<<< Uuuuggghh! >>>>> <<<<< Uuuuggghh! >>>>>

Everything you said is, sadly, so true. It's like something from outer space! I cannot believe this goop could dissolve in anyone's stomach here on earth. Maybe it's designed for Martian addicts! I tried many things and wasted 5 pills in the process. They gum up and the gummy threads stretch for two feet! I don't see how anyone could ever get a powder out of this piece of gunk. So sad, so sad.