• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opana Crush-Resistant Formulation OPANA(R) and (R) ER

DaddyPhatSax

Bluelighter
My friend goes to pain management for Rheumatoid Arthritis. He had been getting 10mg Opana ERs, plus other shit. Well he goes in to see doc for monthly visit and the tell him opana is going to be pulled from the market soon to be reformulated. They gave him 30mg morphine ERs instead and said they wanted to make the switch now since it will be pulled soon. He didn't get an exact date when it would happen.

Anyone else hear this?

Maybe its old news to everyone, or maybe its just b.s.?

Without a source this is just hearsay and speculation. I see nothing in the news so I can't keep this thread open. PM me or make a new thread if you find reliable info from Purdue/FDA that Opana will be pulled.

Hopefully this is just talk. I insufflate the Opana ER's just fine and found them to hit equally as good as the IR's. I would hate to see my DOC turn into Purdue OP Oxycodone like time release

Oh, sorry if the thread was to speculative. I thought my buddie's Dr. saying it was a decent enough source. He said they were changing it to make it "abuse-proof". Wish I would have gotten a date that it was gonna happen.

Again, sorry for not having more concrete evidence, ill try to dig some up.

I posted two links. It is true. There is no indication if the old formulation will be pulled but I suspect it will.

Am I missing something here? The first article you linked us to is from Jan. 2011 and the second article is from June 24th 2006.

Hopefully this is just talk. I insufflate the Opana ER's just fine and found them to hit equally as good as the IR's. I would hate to see my DOC turn into Purdue OP Oxycodone like time release

That's bullshit. Opana IR is snortable like a regular drug. But the ER's gel up, making them practically useless for snorting. Not syaing yoru lying, but anyone getting high off of Opana ER's either has an extremely low tolerance, or it's the placebo effect, and they are simply getting high from the gel dripping into they're nose, with the little bit that does absorb when first snorted, combined with the thrill of snorting resulting in a placebo sensation.

I don't wanna be an ass, but I have snorted the ER's, and they didn't even take me out of DT's. And believe me, 10mg Opana IV is supposed to be equal to 200mg oral Oxycodone.(roughly 125-175mg oxy IV, and 200-250mg nasal oxy) Nasal BA of Oxymorphone averages 43%, meaning 10mg snorted should be roughly equal to to 100-125mg nasal oxy. The way my toelrance is now, that would at least take me out of DT's for a couple of hours, implying the BA of nasal oxymorphone is well under the 40% of actual oxymorphone...

Sorry, just stating facts and my experience... I guarantee you someone on methadone maintenance won't be able to get high snorting ER's!!!

dude thats total bs no offense I get loaded on the opana ERs and have a high tolerance not to mention I know so many people who get high snorting opana ERs. Id equate a 40mg opana snorted to like 4 30mg roxis about and because of the gel i wouldnt say i feel 100% effects until an hour later. But to say the high from them is placebo etc etc is completely false i snorted 1.5 40mg opana last night and got loaded off my ass compared to snorting 3 roxis about 3 nights earlier and didnt get much more then a light buzz

My mom got told the same thing, but she just switched to them and was being scripted 15s(she got it filled after 10 pharmacy calls), which were cancelled months ago, so I thought that was why. Are they taking all the ERs out while the new ones are being finalized? How long til those come out? Same sizes? What about IRs? I think the 10mg IR is way more dangerous than any of the ERs for the average user.

Gotta say when I had a 2bag/day habit, I sniffed a 20 and after a 10 minute onset it felt like I IV'd 5 good bags. No one on MM is gonna feel that though.

Lets try to keep this OT. Not about whether OPANA ER is or is not a good way to get "high"

Would love to know what Endo's status is. Has anyone else had their Doc tell them anything about the availabilty of the ERs?
My mom hasn't been able to get ahold of her doctor recently since she's on holiday and my mom has been worried since she finds these way more useful than the Oxycontin OP's she was on. I can't imagine that they'd remove all stock before the new formula is ready; instead of just selling the old ones till they're gone.
Below is only thing I found. Mentions a date of 12/13/11 for a PDUFA,but I dont know what that means.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=123046&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1579508&highlight=Opana It
Endo Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ENDP) announced today that it received notification from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that Endo's complete response to the FDA's Jan. 7, 2011 Action Letter relating to Endo's new drug application (NDA) for a new formulation of OPANA ER has been accepted. The new formulation was developed in partnership with Grunenthal GmbH and is designed to provide some resistance to certain types of product manipulation. FDA has set a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) date of Dec. 13, 2011.
(Really is about my mom, not trying to SWIM)

Is it really crush resistant, surely a hammer or coffee grinder could reduse it to fine powder. You could probably even extract the OxyMorphone if your clever.

...surely a hammer...could redu[c]e it to fine powder...

lol...When I read this, I just thought:

JUNKIE MAD! JUNKIE MUST SMASH!

and envisioned a cave man with a club bashing on a tiny little pill lmfao...

Sorry to go off-topic; I just had to say this lol...

Just got an Opana 40, and was told that it is the new formula. However, it looks EXACTLY the same as usual (octagon, yellow, "40", size).

I broke up some and tooted a line, and it seemed to have broken up a little differently. It also had a different smell and feel in the nose. It seems to work the same though. This all could be placebo so I don't know what to believe.

Does anyone know if the reformulation is going to look different and/or have a different imprint than the old ones? Is it possible it could look exactly the same, or is there a regulatory requirement for the new pills to look different?

Just got an Opana 40, and was told that it is the new formula. However, it looks EXACTLY the same as usual (octagon, yellow, "40", size).

I broke up some and tooted a line, and it seemed to have broken up a little differently. It also had a different smell and feel in the nose. It seems to work the same though. This all could be placebo so I don't know what to believe.

Does anyone know if the reformulation is going to look different and/or have a different imprint than the old ones? Is it possible it could look exactly the same, or is there a regulatory requirement for the new pills to look different?

This is talking about the new ER pills, they say that they will look the same and everything. I wonder if you can still shoot them through the alcohol extraction method. Whoever said you cant snort is definitely wrong there. Ive seen dozens of people drooling on themselves after snorting them. I def prefer to shoot them though because using the alcohol method its like shooting pure oxymorphone and it gives you a rush that I think is better than heroin just doesn't last quite as long.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/45639320/Ahead_of_the_Bell_FDA_OKs_new_Opana_ER_version

I would think that they are drooling mostly because of the drip, due to the insolubility issue as well as trying to put too much inter material up one's nostril at once.

I would think that they are drooling mostly because of the drip, due to the insolubility issue as well as trying to put too much inter material up one's nostril at once.

I'm guessing you either haven't done it before or your tolerance was just ridiculous when you did if you don't believe blowing them works. Ive seen people snorting pieces of the ER 10 mg pills and getting off to it. I guarantee you if I lay out a 20 mg ER pill for someone that is not opiate tolerant and they blow it down, they will be feeling it like they just blew down 3 blue oxy 30s at least 2. I wouldn't even let them shoot it. I was doing a gram of good H everyday and decided to shoot 3 opana ER 30s instead once and thought i was gonna fall out. I barely walked outside because I wanted someone to see me if I did and my legs were twitching the whole time.