• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxyketamine Thread

<snip> No advertising/hyping for vendors or their products.

~Never

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't be long before an arylcyclohexylamine ban is introduced, believe me.

MeOK is just the next level in the dissociative drug game.

I would have to disagree with this sentiment. MXE has been a very popular drug for some time now and has a very safe profile of effects. Some users have reported consuming doses up to a gram in a single session without ill-effect. It hasn't been in the media spotlight as an evil drug that kills children like Mephedrone. Also Ketamine has been in the news for the past couple of years as a powerful anti-depressant "wonder drug". There was a major report on NPR just last week detailing the use of Ketamine as an anti-depressant.

I just can't imagine this will be considered as much of a harm as cathinone derivatives and put on an emergency ban list. There's very little street market for K here in the States. At least compared to amphetamine derivatives and cannabinoids.

Just my opinion though.

I'm personally excited for this compound. I just hope my MXE tolerance won't impact the effects of this, I much prefer ketamine to MXE but the latter is so much cheaper.

Last edited:
I'm excited to see this happening, what scares me though is the more Ketamine analogs we have out there, and if the majority of people enjoy them, then I fear that real Ketamine will be replaced. Why go through all the legal BS to get real K out there when you can just have a lab make a shitty alternative legally.

MXE has been a very popular drug for some time now and has a very safe profile of effects. Some users have reported consuming doses up to a gram in a single session without ill-effect.

I've never seen any reports of people taking this much, are you sure that figure is accurate? Maybe possible with crazy tolerance, still seems highly reckless and risky though...

^There was a reply to an MXE report somewhat recently describing a friend finishing off a gram and ending up flopping around on the ground and foaming at the mouth. They were taken to the hospital. The replier insisted that 1 gram wasn't that high for some reason. I suspect they were one of the innumerable k-tards who enable their own gluttony by willfully embracing ignorance and choosing to make dosage judgments from within their bubble-like milieu of fellow k-tards rather than using the wealth of reports instantly and conveniently accessible to them online. I think they're getting desperate during the current drought, turning to MXE, then getting frustrated because it's not K and basically deciding "fuck myself and semi-responsible users, I'm gonna do this shit until I'm in oblivion, one way or the other. If I happen to survive maybe later I'll vent by insisting MXE is a shit product online." I don't know how accurate the report of that one gram dosage is, but it's all I can think of indicating MXE may be physiologically dangerous at a gram or under (at least for some people).

Then of course who could forget that thread we had here recently by phatass? Mr. phatass took three grams along with massive doses of 2C-P and 25C and went into a coma. He spent 8 days hooked up to IVs at the hospital, which ultimately brought him back from the acute kidney failure he had been experiencing in his (presumably) MXE induced coma. Afterwards he came into PD completely befuddled as to why taking one hundred or so times a recreational dose of an untested dissociative might be expected to result in a life threatening overdose. Phatass was quite tolerant to dissociatives, but, again as above, I suspect it was inconvenient for him to conclude that maybe a tolerant brain doesn't equate to tolerant organs.

It'd be fascinating to capture some dissociative fanatics and put them in a Skinner box kind of scenario. Trouble is, if one tries to bag them in their natural habitat tranq darts aren't gonna do the trick... pretty much have to bludgeon them.

It'd be fascinating to capture some dissociative fanatics and put them in a Skinner box kind of scenario. Trouble is, if one tries to bag them in their natural habitat tranq darts aren't gonna do the trick... pretty much have to bludgeon them.

sorry, but I laughed so hard :D

I've never seen any reports of people taking this much, are you sure that figure is accurate? Maybe possible with crazy tolerance, still seems highly reckless and risky though...

if you have a dissociative toleranse 1 gram goes away very quickly maybe not in one session but 2-3 at most. its kinda sad and sucky but thats what you get for doing too much k...

Anything new? Not sure wether or not I will hit this chemical before it's been used through. Have been (still am) very hooked on MXE and I'm breaking my habbit at the moment. Nothing like Ketamine :'(

I would have to disagree with this sentiment. MXE has been a very popular drug for some time now and has a very safe profile of effects. Some users have reported consuming doses up to a gram in a single session without ill-effect. It hasn't been in the media spotlight as an evil drug that kills children like Mephedrone. Also Ketamine has been in the news for the past couple of years as a powerful anti-depressant "wonder drug". There was a major report on NPR just last week detailing the use of Ketamine as an anti-depressant.

I just can't imagine this will be considered as much of a harm as cathinone derivatives and put on an emergency ban list. There's very little street market for K here in the States. At least compared to amphetamine derivatives and cannabinoids.

Just my opinion though.

I'm personally excited for this compound. I just hope my MXE tolerance won't impact the effects of this, I much prefer ketamine to MXE but the latter is so much cheaper.

There will always be some guy/girl that ruins it for all of us, I've been traveling a lot lately and seeing RC use across the world is pretty interesting how it spreads.

There was a guy a few weeks back I was talking to who said he was IVing Methoxetamine mixed with powdered Cannabis and peach juice.

*Facepalm

Sorry that was off-topic but yes, there are people in this world that do such a thing; it almost screams Methoxetamine ban. The sad thing is, that's probably not even the thing that will kill him in that cocktail; but of course it'll be the blame.

*Also, haven't you guys heard about the whole VICE/roflcoptr mess, it's only a matter of time.

Last edited:
Yeah it's pretty sad that people have a habit of taking wonderful therapeutic compounds and giving them naive pseudo-names and linking them to generally stupid and uneducated drug use.

Also Ketamine has been in the news for the past couple of years as a powerful anti-depressant "wonder drug". There was a major report on NPR just last week detailing the use of Ketamine as an anti-depressant.

I know it would be impossible for them psychiatrists to prescribe ketamine for people suffering from depression. But I would like to see ketamine used in the hospital wards for people suffering from depression and anxiety. I can't see that coming. So we get nothing from magical antidepressant qualities of ketamine. Just like marihuana, it's the public enemy number 1 in my country after one party stated they would try to depenalize at least possessing amounts for one's own use (too bad they don't mention how many diseases can be cured or helped in some way with it, they don't quote any scientific journals - that would help a lot of people against it understand it's actually them who is wrong about marihuana; and they're wrong about most psychoactive substances). Another promising antidepressant (or rather its derivatives) is buprenorphine, it worked wonderful for me, it lifted my mood during the period I used it and it was something totally unlike dirty feeling one gets from SSRIs.

Big pharmaceutical companies won't let this all happen because they make too much money off SSRIs, SNRIs, etc. which simply just pretend to help, then you start feeling like a crap so some non-working anti-anxiety medication is added to the treatment. Eventually you're tapered off one shitty (S)(D)(N)RI to be transferred to another shitty one. This generates so much money because these drugs are expensive. In reality even when you compare the synthesis of ketamine or Bentley compounds with the syntheses of any of these novel (S)(D)(N)RIs, you see it costs less to synthesize the former. Buprenorphine synthesis - no refined substrates.

I am really sorry but if such bills like SOPA and ACTA are passed in the U.S. just like that, in the 21st century, then I don't believe ANY substance being a real real antidepressant will ever enter the market.

Really, if it's anybody's fault that ketamine isn't used in medicine as an antidepressant, it's not black market's fault or some "RC vendors' " selling various arylcyclohexylamines.

I'm really intrigued about 2-MeO-Ketamine. Are there any full on trip reports about? I haven't been able to get ketamine since around october last year, everytime i've got it since, it's either been cut to fuck and incredibly week, not even hole achievable. And i made the mistake of ordering MXE and that was just straight up awful, I hope to god it get's banned then hopefully people will stop shifting it saying it's K as much.

But yeah, i really wanna find something to fill the void.

I described it but it's not a "full on" trip report. It's very similar to ketamine, even in dosage. The metabolism of the two compounds certainly looks different concerning ortho position but then again chloro group isn't one of the hardest group when it comes to "ability to leave". I wonder if 2-fluorodeschloroketamine would be of some use and maybe it would last a bit longer. But I guess active metabolites of ketamine are mostly N-desmethylketamine and some hydroxylated on the aromatic ring compounds.

I'm really intrigued about 2-MeO-Ketamine. Are there any full on trip reports about? I haven't been able to get ketamine since around october last year, everytime i've got it since, it's either been cut to fuck and incredibly week, not even hole achievable. And i made the mistake of ordering MXE and that was just straight up awful, I hope to god it get's banned then hopefully people will stop shifting it saying it's K as much.

But yeah, i really wanna find something to fill the void.

That's so not cool that you'd hope it be banned just because you didn't personally like it. Its not MXE's fault that douchebag dealers sell it as ketamine.

so is norketamine likely to be a metabolite of 2-meo-k ?

Very unlikely ;)

Norketamine still has a chlorine atom at the 2'-position on the phenyl ring. The compound discussed here has a methoxy-group at this 2'-position instead of the chlorine. Therefore the N-demethylated metabolite lacks chlorine and just isn't norketamine.

I personally would like to have the thread title changed, because that name (2-MeO-Ketamine) is kind of misleading. I know, I know, it's just a name, but it's incorrect :) Maybe change it to 2'-MeO-2-Oxo-PCM or something else more systematic?

I personally would like to have the thread title changed, because that name (2-MeO-Ketamine) is kind of misleading. I know, I know, it's just a name, but it's incorrect :) Maybe change it to 2'-MeO-2-Oxo-PCM or something else more systematic?

I doubt many places will list it as "2'-MeO-2-Oxo-PCM" as that does not contain the word "Ketamine"

Well it appears as if we may have to wait quite a bit longer for this to become available to test as it's (1) route to the general public seems to have been disabled although I'd be shocked if it doesn't become available with in the next year or so especially with the preemptive hype it's been getting