• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxyketamine Thread

The reason for chloro group on ortho position is its electron withdrawing properties, it makes the compound have less psychotropic properties (ketamine vs. tiletamine that has 2-thienyl group instead of phenyl and no electron withdrawing group, if whoever has taken tiletamine, he/she knows it's not really a light drug). Like I previously wrote you can count electronegativity of a functional group, methoxy seems like a good substitute for chlorine regarding both electronegativity and size. Also again, I have taken 2-methoxydeschloroketamine - it's not a wonder drug (although I understand why some are so excited - legal ketamine substitute might show up!).

Placing a carbonyl group on position 2 has already been explained. Easier metabolism leads to decreased half-life and easier excretion. It does change drug affinities at different sites, that's SAR. 2-carbonyl compounds have greater affinity to opioid receptors than compounds with nothing there.

There was some site explaining it all in a simple language but I don't have the address and I don't know if it's still up (well, I noticed such sites often disappear...).

The reason for chloro group on ortho position is its electron withdrawing properties, it makes the compound have less psychotropic properties
so you think that the ketamine analogue without the 2-chloro-substitution on the benzene ring (i.e. 2-phenyl-2-(methylamino)cyclohexanone if I have gotten my IUPAC nomenclature right) would be even more psychedelic/dissociative than ketamine, which would it make more similar to tiletamine? if one would lengthen the methyl to ethyl to get 2-phenyl-2-(ethylamino)cyclohexanone, one would most likely get a compound of similar properties, but a bit more potent, right? all those possibilities sound so very very exciting to me...=D

Well, 2-(methylamino)-2-phenylcyclohexanone actually existed (not sure if it's still an impurity in ketamine or not, or if it is/was sold as ketamine anywhere, I'm guessing the UK is the biggest "K market", but I think lazy asses preferred to start with plain benzonitrile) on black market and it's simply called deschloroketamine. It's more potent mass/mass compared to ketamine and effects are much more PCP-like, maybe not counting bodyload. It's not really so "wild" as tiletamine, I mean I'd rather describe it as a plain dull dissociative, definitely not psychedelic, not at all. Sure, it's possible to go "holing" but it's not the same after all.

So unfortunately, both 2-(methylamino)-2-phenylcyclohexanone and 2-(ethylamino)-2-phenylcyclohexanone wouldn't get much of attention in manner of longer time. That's my experience with lab grade deschloroketamine.

Well, 2-(methylamino)-2-phenylcyclohexanone actually existed (not sure if it's still an impurity in ketamine or not, or if it is/was sold as ketamine anywhere, I'm guessing the UK is the biggest "K market", but I think lazy asses preferred to start with plain benzonitrile) on black market and it's simply called deschloroketamine. It's more potent mass/mass compared to ketamine and effects are much more PCP-like, maybe not counting bodyload. It's not really so "wild" as tiletamine, I mean I'd rather describe it as a plain dull dissociative, definitely not psychedelic, not at all. Sure, it's possible to go "holing" but it's not the same after all.

So unfortunately, both 2-(methylamino)-2-phenylcyclohexanone and 2-(ethylamino)-2-phenylcyclohexanone wouldn't get much of attention in manner of longer time. That's my experience with lab grade deschloroketamine.
sounds very interesting to me, many thanks for your input! I would definitely like to try them all, just because I am an arylcyclohexylamine connoisseur. also tiletamine is still on my to-do list - if only I could find it... :(

Last edited:
Yeah, it's legal in the UK at the moment, there's no catch-all clause for arylcyclohexylamines. I imagine that if it got popular (which it surely would), it would be put on the new temporary schedule they're bringing in, and nothing's ever coming off that.

Well, it surely would on the black market and it might even push ketamine schedule up eventually if more arylcyclohexylamines started to show up on the streets (I don't know how ketamine is spread across the UK, I hope it's not hard to find=D). Anyway, I'd rather see 2-MeO-deschloroketamine coming on the streets than plain deschloroketamine because the former one at least resembles ketamine and the latter is substantially different.

^Ketamine was everywhere in the UK until recently, a change in the law in India has really pinched supply. Lack of substitutes was a big factor in mephedrone's rampant popularity here, so watch this space, we might have a new moral panic :\

Interesting...

I've had street ketamine which sent most people into a psychotic state, how I imagine PCP to be like. It looked and tasted just like real ketamine but had a strange undertone. Perhaps this stuff already exists?

^We don't do substance ID, but methoxetamine feels like PCP (well, it feels like 3-MeO-PCP, which apparently feels like PCP) and has been sold as K in the UK.

Yeah sorry, I wasn't asking for an ID, but it definitely wasn't MXE. I thought it was tiletamine or some other K analogue.

Fuck 4-EAR. Thats some 18 hour half life tweaker bull shit.

RC Stims available: 10+
RC Disso's available: 3

bring on the 2-meo!
Actually good RC stims available: 0
Actually good RC dissociatives available: I've counted 5

Can we stay on topic? ;)

It's definitely a point worth debating whether it's stimulants or dissociatives that get the better hand when it comes to RCs. However this is a topic for discussing 2-MeO-Ketamine, and I suspect a debate over which RCs we need to see more of would last several pages and divert even further from topic than it already has.

All in all, 2-MeO-Ketamine sounds interesting if you think it'll have a similar potency to Ketamine itself Sekio, I look forward to hearing more.

<snip> hopefully we'll see something soon. love ketamine. have considered trying MXE, but what I enjoy about K is its short duration, and the reports of manic episodes after MXE have worried me.

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't be long before an arylcyclohexylamine ban is introduced, believe me.

MeOK is just the next level in the dissociative drug game.

Well, staying on the topic, there's nothing much left to say. I don't know what's going on in the UK concerning MXE and PCP analogs being sold as ketamine but such sources selling something else. But bad move 'cause it's not hard to riddle out K is not actually K if you've had lab grade K and lab grade analogs of PCP and PCE. In this case 2-MeO-deschloroketamine could be a good enough substitute but if it appears on the street, it might really push plain ketamine up in schedules and it's enough for other analogs to be considered banned, end of story.:|