• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxyketamine Thread

Can anyone who has bought methoxyketamine / 2-MeO-Ketamine describe the smell? And color?
the 2-MeO-ketamine sample was a light brown sticky powder. some smell, unfortunately I can't remember what it was like (this trial was already several weeks ago), the only thing I can say for sure is that it didn't smell or taste anything like ketamine, but rather unpleasant (while I quite like the smell of ketamine and N-ethyl-ketamine). my guess/hope is that the material was rather impure, and that quality might increase until this compound finally comes to the market.

the N-ethyl-ketamine was a fine powder, perfectly white. smell and taste were similar to regular ketamine.

How much N-ethyl-Ketamine have you used? Even with 90+mgs plugged i only got light effects, nothing to fly away or even hole with. Don't even wanna think about what 90+mgs of MXE would've done, so i dunno if these Ketamine-derivates are really worth the money (and from what i've heard they're damn expensive).
I have used 200 mg N-ethyl-ketamine nasally over several hours (of course starting with the obligatory adverse reaction test and then slowly increasing the amound insnufflated). this resulted in a medium strength dissociative experience (still far from holing) quite similar to ketamine with only slight qualitative differences. unfortunately, I am quite a hard-head when it comes to dissociatives (and tolerance of course even increased with years of usage, and as you know, tolerance to NMDA-antagonists is partially long-term; but I have no short-term tolerance at the moment), that's why my effects may seem weaker to the light-heads of you than they might suspect. also, I assume that the effects would have significantly been stronger if I had consumed all of my 200 mg sample at once, probably enough for a hole. comparing with my experiences with ketamine, I estimate that the potency of the (obviously racemic) N-ethyl-ketamine is about 1.5x the potency of racemic ketamine, or comparable to the potency of s-ketamine.

about rectal consume: while it works pretty well with methoxetamine, plugged ketamine is significantly less potent than nasal ketamine in my experience. I would not be surprised if the same was true for N-ethyl-ketamine.

what I found interesting is that despite the increase of potency the change of the N-methyl substitution for an N-ethyl causes, the length of the experience was not increased and quite the same than with regular ketamine.

Last edited:
Seems like *some* vendor i was following have finally put up pre-orders and promised me a gift! hope they cough up!.....

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no violation in asking about a chemical that is being sold! The rule states not sourcing, not no asking about drugs. This is the whole point of the forum!

Hahahhahaha! Are you freaking serous? Boy you need to lay off the arylcyclohexylamines! Or else grow up...

Anyways just to add I can not wait for this compound to reach my hands. I would love too see how it compares to ketamine, but honestly I am much more interested in ethyl-ket. I was not a big fan of MXE, which is the only compound I have tried with a methoxy bond to date I believe (such as 5-meo-dmt vs. dmt). I believe that has something to do with it, but I don't know it is just me. Deschloro-ketamine was an interesting one I came across my searches too, although it was lightly described and there is not much info about it. Definitively more interested in the versions that are less of a mindtrip and more of a body trip that connects with sound, while still being sedating.

Any who just my 2c so I did not just look like a jerk trying to seek attention. Go about your discussions I may be back if I try it.

Seems like *some* vendor i was following have finally put up pre-orders and promised me a gift! hope they cough up!.....

Yeah, they started taking pre-orders a day after tweeting that thier product was 'not perfect'.....
Does that not bother you in some way ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they started taking pre-orders a day after tweeting that thier product was 'not perfect'.....
Does that not bother you in some way ?

In my experience with research chems is that they often just have to wait for the product to be up to a certain percentage pure, and that can take a while of refining by the supplier to get rid of all the solvents used in the process. This is why i think many people are not happy with certain new rc's until the third or fourth batch is release. I think eager vendors just take the first sample they get and decide to sell it to be first!

I'm pretty sure they will get it, just are waiting for the best batch.

On the other hand, i am still a little worried, as they still have not priced!

In my experience with research chems is that they often just have to wait for the product to be up to a certain percentage pure, and that can take a while of refining by the supplier to get rid of all the solvents used in the process.

So it means so-called "research chemicals" are synthesized by some chemists bunglers? Not implying anything, never bought anything via Internet.

Dear PD-ers, please cut out the "insider talk" about vendors. It's very simple: discuss the compound, not anything about acquiring it. If the prevalence of the compound is lacking, this does not qualify you to hint about 'what is taking them so long' or any other topic in the "acquisition stage" of experimenting with this drug.

Rules are rules, don't be surprised if posts get unapproved and pop off the forum or warnings after persistence.

Full stomach, 100mg 2-Meo-Ketamine
Mental effects: Pleasant, positive 'whooshing' body high, ideal state to watch mind expanding films on big screens - a bit short-lived, though.
Body: Leaves you dizzy, giddy with glittering vision. Stumbling is blatantly obvious, drunken but clinical and cold. Little bit dirty, irritating on the nose at first but soon passes. Mucus isn't bad at all! Definitely do this one sitting down, get your drinks fridge stocked and Js rolled beforehand because trust me, walking is not a realistic option.

Waited quite a while for this one, pretty fun and I'm glad I got to try it.

i could not tell you what it is other than the bit iv posted and i sure as hell aint going to be a test subject with that one after the reviews iv read worse than tiltamine so people say

Yeah, i suspect the "description" on the site is probably made up or copied from some old MXE description. I seriously doubt this is anything special or exclusive.

Same principle as bath salts and any other branded shit, if the vendor can't tell you exactly whats in it then don't buy it.

can anyone help me out here, really confused!

So what is the difference between n-ethylketamine and just ethylketamine, have seen vendors selling both! and what is nethylnorketamine??

n-ethylketamine is the same as ethylketamine. The "n" simply denotes where the ethyl group is on the molecule. This is analogous to n-n,DMT being the same as what people normally refer to as DMT.

n-ethylnorketamine is presumably the major metabolite of n-ethylketamine in the human body. It will probably have psychoactive effects too, like norketamine. (And possibly physiological effects such as toxicity to the bladder/gall-bladder.)

EDIT: Nevermind the last paragraph, I read Transform's post below and I was obviously completely wrong about n-ethylnorketamine.

Last edited:
N-ethylnorketamine, N-ethylketamine, ethylketamine and NEK are all the same thing. Starting with the most technically correct and finishing with the least.

N-ethylnorketamine is the most correct because technically N-ethylketamine indicates that you have normal (methyl) ketamine and an ethyl group on the nitrogen. norketamine is the name for ketamine without that methyl. N-ethylnorketamine is the name for ketamine with an ethyl group replacing the methyl group.

N-ethylketamine I found quite disappointing when snorted. 85mg the effects were quite pleasant but only last about
30 minutes.

N-ethylnorketamine, N-ethylketamine, ethylketamine and NEK are all the same thing. Starting with the most technically correct and finishing with the least.

N-ethylnorketamine is the most correct because technically N-ethylketamine indicates that you have normal (methyl) ketamine and an ethyl group on the nitrogen. norketamine is the name for ketamine without that methyl. N-ethylnorketamine is the name for ketamine with an ethyl group replacing the methyl group.

I edited my last post to indicate that I was wrong in my post. Thanks for clearing that up.