View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxyketamine Thread

ungelesene_bettlek

Bluelighter
Note that the correct full name is 2-MeO-Deschloroketamine Also called 2-MeO-Ketamine

150px-Methoxyketamine.svg.png

I have heared that the ketamine derivate 2-MeO-Ketamine (i.e. ketamine with the 2-chlorine group replaced by a 2-MeO-group, or more precisely, according to IUPAC, 2-(2-methoxyphenyl)-2-(methylamino)cyclohexanone) may have interesting properties. anyone knows something about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
no only found one site with anything about it but they aint saying much

"Interesting properties" my ass, it's just a closer knock off of K than MXE that vendors can sell

There was a thread that discussed this
and poster claims:
Route/dose: 100mg intramuscularly of HCl salt
Report:
This is ketamine with chloro group substituted by methoxy group. Like predicted before synthesis they are really similar. With such a dose i.m. it was easy to go K-holing. What’s the difference here? Chlorine is very electronegative but not as much as flourine. This is yet to be examined what concrete impact has methoxy group here because from subjective effects it’s really hard to tell if it’s more potent or less potent. Actually I see no difference. Well, at least I can’t report on any. This is as good as plain ketamine and if ketamine is easier to synthesize – why bother?

For all intents and purposes, treat this like ketamine. MeO-K has a MW of 233, ketamine has a MW of 237. So it's got a relative potency of 1.017x with no corrections for the group substitutuion.

An excerpt from the thread about arylcyclohexylamines I created last year:
myself said:
Route/dose: 100mg intramuscularly of HCl salt
Report:
This is ketamine with chloro group substituted by methoxy group. Like predicted before synthesis they are really similar. With such a dose i.m. it was easy to go K-holing. What’s the difference here? Chlorine is very electronegative but not as much as flourine. This is yet to be examined what concrete impact has methoxy group here because from subjective effects it’s really hard to tell if it’s more potent or less potent. Actually I see no difference. Well, at least I can’t report on any. This is as good as plain ketamine and if ketamine is easier to synthesize – why bother?

EDIT: oh, I see sekio has already posted it but to clean everything up:

At that time I would need exactly 100mg of ketamine HCl to get a proper K-Hole experience so it was really nothing different. It was rather like ketamine-without-panache feeling.:\ This was a > 99% lab grade sample just like all PCP derivatives I wrote about.

Like I said in the previous thread in the OD, if you count the electronegativity of the methoxy group by the method I used, you get a value very close to chlorine electronegativity. And electronegative groups are placed on ortho position to decrease psychotropic effects. So that's probably why you don't have such a bodyload and hard-on-the-mind feeling after ketamine, most have after PCE.

I can ask other people who also consumed this compound from the same batch and via different ROAs if they have some description of the experience in their old notes and I will check my old notes because I guess I collected all notes anyway (but it may take some time, I've got a flight in a few weeks and a lot to do for my moving from Poland).

This just popped into my mind... There are countries like mine (Poland) where there's a list of illegal substances but there's no analog act or anything similar so according to the act of illegal substances this is 100% legal. I guess this one has a chance of substituting ketamine in countries like Poland because in the US and in the UK this is going to be as illegal as ketamine.

Last edited:
This just popped into my mind... There are countries like mine (Poland) where there's a list of illegal substances but there's no analog act or anything similar so according to the act of illegal substances this is 100% legal. I guess this one has a chance of substituting ketamine in countries like Poland because in the US and in the UK this is going to be as illegal as ketamine.

Not in the UK, would be legal here..

An excerpt from the thread about arylcyclohexylamines I created last year:

EDIT: oh, I see sekio has already posted it but to clean everything up:

At that time I would need exactly 100mg of ketamine HCl to get a proper K-Hole experience so it was really nothing different. It was rather like ketamine-without-panache feeling.:\ This was a > 99% lab grade sample just like all PCP derivatives I wrote about.

Like I said in the previous thread in the OD, if you count the electronegativity of the methoxy group by the method I used, you get a value very close to chlorine electronegativity. And electronegative groups are placed on ortho position to decrease psychotropic effects. So that's probably why you don't have such a bodyload and hard-on-the-mind feeling after ketamine, most have after PCE.

I can ask other people who also consumed this compound from the same batch and via different ROAs if they have some description of the experience in their old notes and I will check my old notes because I guess I collected all notes anyway (but it may take some time, I've got a flight in a few weeks and a lot to do for my moving from Poland).

The analogue act only applies to schedule 1 (and 2?) substance(s), but I don't know if this compound could be considered an analogue to pcpy or other related schedule 1 dissociatives (if there are any), as I know nothing about orgo chemistry.

Nice to see work continue on K analogs.

Hopefully the U.S. doesn't move Ketamine up to S2. As long as it remains S3 its not subject to the analog act. :)

It will be hard to top Methoxetamine with its increased therapeutic value combined with its rational drug design of reducing bladder toxicity vs Ketamine. But, will keep an open mind.

Yeah ... I wonder why this wasn't sold long ago if it's a way to avoid legal issues and get the same subjective effect. Maybe people just didn't know. Well, I guess we'll know that was it if 2-MeO-ketamine is everywhere in a few months, heh.

This sounds fantastic, some samples need to get thrown out. Even if it was less potent it's still interesting.

This is literally the closest you can get to ketamine without actually being ketamine, since only K is controlled in the UK it's legal in theory. In practice I would not be suprised at all if people ban this as an analog or treat it just like ketamine though.

Hey, stop bumping the thread if you have nothing useful to contribute. This is (as of yet) a completely hypothetical compound and bluelight is not a rapid-response forum.

is there any logic behind the 2-MeO substitution? I faintly remember reading somewhere that the 2-chloro substitution of ketamine has the purpose of increasing the opioid activity of ketamine. is that true? it would be great if someone more knowledgeable than me could comment on that.

also, what is the reason for the 2-keto substitution on the cyclohexyl that ketamine, tiletamine, methoxetamine and this compound have in common? obviously, it makes these compounds much less potent (in terms of active dosage), but also less toxic compared to e.g. PCP.

Sounds almost too good to be true. Any news on who is developing it if anyone and when we can expect it?

Sounds almost too good to be true. Any news on who is developing it if anyone and when we can expect it?

No, bluelight is here for the purpose of harm reduction, not hyping up products from unaccountable internet salesmen, nor sourcing stuff for you.

also, what is the reason for the 2-keto substitution on the cyclohexyl that ketamine, tiletamine, methoxetamine and this compound have in common? obviously, it makes these compounds much less potent (in terms of active dosage), but also less toxic compared to e.g. PCP.

I guess one of the main reasons for putting the carbonyl on the saturated ring is that it provides a starting place for metabolism to munch on the molecule. So it reduces duration of effects and half life of the compound. That makes titrating the dose a lot easier in medical settings and leads to shorter recovery/wake up times.
I imagine the keto-function significantly changes the phamacological profile and therefore subjective effects too (compare 3'-MeO-2-oxo-PCE and 3'-MeO-PCE), but I haven't sampled the latter.