• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxyketamine Thread

several shops has told me that the synth is finished and the product is shipped, expect trip reports in a week or two.

Great another powerful dissociative will be advertised as a 'cheap, legal and healthier alternative to ketamine'. I can't wait to have another big and dandy 'I'm in denial about being addicted to research chemicals thread', if the methoxetamine one is anything to go by.

I enjoy arylcyclohexylamines, they are my favourite class of drugs, but they demand fucking respect unless you want to appear and be treated like an escaped mental patient. I was actually really happy the tide had come in with the novel-arylcyclohexylamines- it's a pity that a bunch of 17 year old british morons hoovering up half gram lines of whatever the fuck they actually buy are most likely going to be the end of this whole arylcyclohexylamine renaissance.

Basically- I can't wait to try it, but I'm not putting making my order off as long as I did for methoxetamine. This shit is gonna be illegal almost as soon as it hits the markets. I'm in no way opposed to RCs, I just think that powerful dissociatives should have order limits. You can't treat methoxetamine like mephedrone and expect it to play out well.

iv just found a uk site that plans to sell this under the name of... *no brand names please, it's hinting* and so it starts all ready

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
So what is the official name of compound? i mean i have seen the internet flood with "2-MeO-Ketamine" and there was even a wiki page with that name, then the wiki page changed to "methoxyketamine" and it also has "2-MeO-2-deschloroketamine", whats the deal. Why did 2-meo-ketamine get changed and i can no longer find anything official calling it this!! anyone with a biochem degree enlighten me. Thanks

So what is the official name of compound? i mean i have seen the internet flood with "2-MeO-Ketamine" and there was even a wiki page with that name, then the wiki page changed to "methoxyketamine" and it also has "2-MeO-2-deschloroketamine", whats the deal. Why did 2-meo-ketamine get changed and i can no longer find anything official calling it this!! anyone with a biochem degree enlighten me. Thanks
the component in question is basically ketamine with the 2-chloro group replaced by a 2-MeO group. this means that the correct full chemical name is "2-MeO-2-deschloroketamine"; but since also "2-MeO-Ketamine" already makes clear what is meant, that is often used for the sake of brevity. "MeO" stands for "methoxy", hence the name "methoxyketamine", but that is ambiguous; "2-methoxy-ketamine" would be better. again, the "2-deschloro" has been dropped for the reason described above.

Ironically I think Methoxetamine would have been a better name for this compound than for the current MXE, as this simply is the Chloro group changed to a Methoxy group, whereas with MXE the change is a little more complex than that.

Unfortunately we can't go and switch the names around now because that would cause incredibly confusion and make harm reduction near impossible when people would get the two drugs mixed up constantly.

Rigorous nomenclature would assign the name 2'-MeO-2'-deschloroketamine to the compound in question. 2-MeO-ketamine makes no real sense, as an aromatic carbon can't hold 2 substituents in a stable molecule, as that name would suggest; but it is true that everyone with chemistry background could guess what's meant. Seems like it will come down to personal preference: formal correctness or brevity.

Why not call it 2-MeO-Ketamine until the home office decides for us, like they did with "mexxy".

Edit: Meow-Ket anyone :p

Last edited:
Why not call it 2-MeO-Ketamine until the home office decides for us, like they did with "mexxy".

Edit: Meow-Ket anyone :p

*The home office use whichever name the media creates for them, specifically The Sun/Daily Fail 8)

Saying that I love "Meow-Ket", might go make a website with that name now as it will really appeal to younger audiences :D

Thank you for contacting the D***Ket Sales Team.

We do not currently have an exact release date for D***Ket, however we can say that it will not be too long now, as we have synthesised the compound and are simply finalising the purity documentation.

Thank you for your query,

D***Ket Sales Team.

Hopefully, good times ahead. ;)

I imagine its gonna taste disgusting like Ketamine, plus if it's less potent needing to use more, yuck the drip is going to be nasty. At least with MXE the dose was smaller.

You think the massive flood of ketamine in the UK could be just someone who's synth'd 2-meo before the online vendors got to it and cashed in on prohibition? Truefax or K head conspiracy you decide.

Hi guys,

Okay good news! I got a sample through the other day of 2-MeO-Ketamine, Methoxyketamine, 2-MeO-2-deschloroketamine, D***Ket whatever you want to call it!! Hope the bloody name can get sorted out soon cuz its really annoying!

Anyway SWIM, tried a small (approx) 0.1 line (insufflated), taste was similar to K, slightly more burning but not much difference to K.
feeling came on just like K, slightly more runny nose then K. Then another (approx) 0.1 line was done. This prolonged the effects somewhat. SWIM stated (with a happy face) that it is very similar to K in effect, and the potency was about the same.

May i add that SWIM has a very high tolerance to K, so methoxyketamine may effect other people much stronger. SWIM did not test after this as SWIM wanted to see how far the rabbit "hole" goes with methoxyketamine at a later date with a larger sample!

Note: SWIM told me about 3 hours later that there was a definite feeling that SWIM had been on something, that was hard describe, slightly different to K, maybe similar to MXE but very very subtle. SWIM said that the duration was the same, but there was this feeling after baseline that was almost retrospective, which SWIM liked.

I will report more on methoxyketamine once SWIM with no tolerance experiments.

But all in all, pretty much the same as K, with a slight very very subtle MXE glow to it, but without the head insanity. Happy days

Last edited:
Great another powerful dissociative will be advertised as a 'cheap, legal and healthier alternative to ketamine'. I can't wait to have another big and dandy 'I'm in denial about being addicted to research chemicals thread', if the methoxetamine one is anything to go by.

So fuck.

If this is more like ketamine that's a good thing, the problem with MXE is the dosing (people underestimate it and get the coke lines out) alongside that MXE doesn't stop you moving like ketamine does aka crab walk. This stuff hopefully should be much closer to Ketamine. Ketamine is fine for partying on, hence it being a popular drug in the electronic music/rave/whatever scene. This post would've maybe been better when MXE first came about, but now it's a bit more the opposite to what your thinking.

Besides...I've been partying on ketamine since I was about 14-15, no harm done there. Didn't make me appear the moron. The mental patient possibly, but you need a few trips in there too.

Obviously though this thing will probably get made illegal faster. Why? Because there is about 10x more attention on 'research chemicals' as there where when MXE first came about (even though there was some thanks to mephedrone) and also because it's going to be much more popular if it is the people like the trip report above describing. I'd much rather the drug that's popular be the doses of ketamine than MXE.

Can't wait to have a hoof!

Right, well i should get my sample 2moz, its brown, and only a small sample but we will see how it compares to mxe and ket...

Tell us, yoyo, how will you judge the dosage? How much will your first dose be?

What potency have you guessed at from the claimed modifications?

been told its some between mxe and ket dosage, so im gonna start with 50mg, as i done 20mg of mxe first time i tried, altho that developed into a huge tolerance about 5g a week, i have no reason to doubt source as ive had stuff that has come out months before and also stuff that wont ever come out, and haven't had mxe/ket in 3 months..

The batch circulating now requires higher dosage than K, but that is to do with less than perfect synth, the lab is working on a better synth route.

As for the product itself, it is almost indistinguishable from K (but alas requires higher dosage as of now).