• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Uk Postage Mistake??

wooger

Bluelighter
So I ordered something from overseas a couple of days ago... and I must admit I was kinda impaired at the time...

but anyway... on the form of my address I accidently put in the wrong postcode... well, one later was wrong, I should have pressed B but I pressed N instead....

When I emailed them cus I realized my mistake they said theres nothing they can do as the order has already been shipped (coming from sinapore to the uk). Will it still get here if the rest of the address is correct (town, street and number etc) and there is just a slight error in the postcode? Or will my order be lost forever?!

anyone with any knowledge or just general opinions on this could be greatly appreciated!

You gotta look at it this way.

Think how many businesses send post ?
SURELY one of them puts a wrong letter in the postcode, they can always search up the postcode and then the address, once in a while.

Id say it will make it to you, but it may be late.
As your post code means 12 other addresses I believe,

So what might happen is it gets sorted, put into certain delivery path,
postman is going to get it in a stack with same postcodes, and go wtf there is no , that road and it will go back to the post office.

They will go with street number, name and town and county Rather than postcode on its own.

thats why its important to have postcodes AND addresses, for cases like this you see :)

it won't even get into the postie's sack, they'll fix it at the sorting office. it'll turn up, but maybe not as quickly as expected.

Shouldn't be a problem at all I think as I have sent and received mail with no postcode on it all and its always arrived ok.

Well I put a Berkshire postal code as my address accidentally (my parents live in Berkshire so used their postal code accidentally, though I'm currently in Yorkshire). I received the package after a couple of days delay. Should be fine I would have thought.

EDITED TO ADD: Scrap that - see you received it a couple of days late - consistent with my experience...

Damn you guys are lucky, I'm in the US and my friend put the wrong zip code (1 different digit), and was receiving a(n expensive) package from China. When he wasn't receiving it and the tracking made no sense, he called the postal service and they said it was returned because the address didn't exist, and there was nothing he could do. So he never received it and took a loss.

Bluelight is slow tonight and I'm at home with nothing to do so I've been reading old threads. =D

We should air old threads more often ;)

I've had 'things' returned before. Thankfully on one occasion, with enough phone calls, I was able to get it delivered to the correct address from the sorting office.